ART Budapest: Week 15 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #16
country flag Serena_4ever

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all
Re: ART Budapest: Week 15

Doubles Quarter-Finals

(1) Maria Sharapova (RUS) and Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. BYE
XXX vs. (3) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) and Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)

(4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. XXX
XXX vs. (2) Patty Schnyder (SUI) and Nadia Petrova (RUS)

Serena Williams
Ana Ivanovic~Caro Wozniacki~Na Li
Serena_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #17

Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all Serena_4ever is a name known to all

Doubles Quarter-Finals

(1) Maria Sharapova (RUS) and Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. BYE
Dinara Safina (RUS) and Elena Vesnina (RUS) vs. (3) Ana Ivanovic (SRB) and Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)

(4) Sabine Lisicki (GER) and Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) vs. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) and Gisela Dulko (ARG)
Justine Henin (BEL) and Aravane Rezai (FRA) vs. (2) Patty Schnyder (SUI) and Nadia Petrova (RUS)

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Oct 7th, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 12:48 PM   #18

Singles Draw and Doubles Draw complete

Budapest will be starting tomorrow

Please do articles if you have time

Serena Williams
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #19

Interesting Draws

And Lachy bad luck with the singles draw, random.org can be to blame for that

Also I want to welcome back Yazoo.C and former world Doubles No.1 Dinara Safina back after a bad back injury :-/

Elena Vesnina has also returned

Serena Williams
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #20

Hey guys, the top half of Round 1/R16 singles are on their way

I am reverting back to the clay avatars until I have completed my US Open series avatars! Hope that's okay for now as the clay avatars were the best ones that myself and no-hay-igual made

Serena Williams
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 06:43 PM   #21

G3: Winner: 500 points
Finalist: 410 points
Semi Finalist: 350 points
Quarter Finalist: 220 points
R/16: 50 points
R/32: 16 points
R/64: 1 point

Serena Williams
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM   #22

Round 1/R16

Elena Vesnina (RUS) vs. Justine Henin (BEL)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Vesnina

Elena Vesnina (RUS) Def. Justine Henin (BEL)

6-7 (6), 7-6 (6), 7-5

Great return for Elena Vesnina of Russia. Justine had the match in her hands but bottled it on the tiebreak that should have been hers in the second set. Vesnina regained confidence in the final set, as Henin's emotions got the better of her. Tough loss for Henin, but the backhand was just not connecting today as Vesnina felt as if she had nothing to lose.

Serena Williams
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #23

Round 1/R16

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) vs. Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Pennetta

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) Def. Bojana Jovanovski (SRB)

6-0, 6-0

Flavia Pennetta finally picked up her form once again with an incredible match and display of tennis as Bojana simply had no answer to the fiesty Italians aggressive play. Bojana no doubt played one of her worst matches, but the Italian was leaving no margain for error today while her footwork was simply tremendous! One to watch out for!

Serena Williams
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #24

Round 1/R16

Dinara Safina (RUS) vs. (3) Sabine Lisicki (SRB)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Safina

Dinara Safina (RUS) Def. (3) Sabine Lisicki (GER)

6-3, 3-6, 6-4

On the former Doubles World No.1's comeback, Safina came back with a vegeance to upset the No.3 seed and in form player Sabine Lisicki. Safina played an aggressive opener with some promosing play, but dropped in level as Sabine put her tennis into another gear with some beautiful array of shots and devastating forehands. However leading 4-0 in the final set Sabine just simply lost it as Dinara won the next 6 games in a row in what has to be said as one of the greatest comebacks ever so far on the ART Tour. Sabine looked clearly upset in her press conference unable to answer on where she went wrong, though congratulated her opponent on a successful comeback!

Serena Williams

Last edited by Serena_4ever : Oct 9th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:15 PM   #25

Top Half of Round 1/R16 complete

See everyone tomorrow for the bottom half

Serena Williams
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 10:28 PM   #26
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

My players are in such slump .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 06:14 PM   #27

Bottom Half of Round 1/R16 coming right up

Serena Williams
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #28

Round 1/R16

(4) Alize Cornet (FRA) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Sharapova

Maria Sharapova (RUS) Def. (4) Alize Cornet (FRA)

6-0, 6-0

Maria Sharapova carried on her dominating form from Wimbledon taking less than 60 minutes to embarras and dismantle the No.4 seed in the tournament. Maria has said that her reasurgance to form has been due to the passion she feels for her tennis while being able to appreciate to play. She has let it known that one of her main goals over the next few weeks is to re-enter the top worlds top 10. Currently sat at No.13 it may happen this week of she was to get far into the tournament. Today was one step closer as the Russian produced winner after winner, sending the French woman packing!

Serena Williams
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #29

Round 1/R16

Gisela Dulko (ARG) vs. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Dulko

Gisela Dulko (ARG) Def. Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS)

7-6 (0), 7-6 (14)* CT

Svetlana had her chances but Dulko refused to give in, in what was a dramatic second set tiebreak, which looked as if it was to go on forever. But Dulko produced some amazing winners that Kuzzy just couldn't match! Dulko advances through to the Quarter-Finals!

Serena Williams
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #30

Round 1/R16

Jelena Jankovic (SRB) vs. Aravane Rezai (FRA)
VS.
GAME
SET
AND MATCH
Jankovic

Jelena Jankovic (SRB) Def. Aravane Rezai (FRA)

6-7 (6), 6-4, 7-6 (3)

Jelena Jankovic was in top form after a gutting loss in the opening set, but as in similar cases Rezai seemed to run out of steam after putting all her energy and physical ability on display in the opener. Jankovic became more consistant refusing to not let any ball go out of her sight, as she managed to find something special in the final set tiebreak against a reenergised Rezai.

Serena Williams