WTA/ATP/ITF Summer Internships - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 06:13 AM   #1
country flag Inger67

Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute Inger67 has a reputation beyond repute
WTA/ATP/ITF Summer Internships

Hi guys, so I wasn't sure exactly where to post this but just curious if anyone has applied to/or had an internship with the WTA, ATP, or ITF? And if so if you could give some insight on the whole process and what you did. I'm a junior at U of M double majoring in economics and communication studies and the more I think about what I want to do for the rest of my life, it just all goes back to tennis. In a dream world I would love to work in marketing/business operations for a pretty big tournament. I'm planning on applying to some of the summer internships these organizations have to offer, right now I have heard about 4. I'm sure they're really competitive though. So again, any help or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Venus Williams • Urszula Radwanska • Lyudmyla Kichenok • Garbiñe Muguruza • Simona Halep • Agnieszka Radwanska • Kristina Mladenovic • Taylor Townsend • Ajla Tomljanovic • Caroline Wozniacki • Carla Suárez Navarro
TT Singles Current Ranking: #1 (CH Ranking: #1)
Titles: Cincinnati 2014, Wimbledon 2014, Marrakech 2014, Quebec City 2012, Cincinnati 2011
TT Doubles Current Ranking: #28 (CH Ranking: #8)
Titles: Cincinnati 2014, Bucharest 2014, Tokyo 2012 (w/New_balls_please), Stanford 2012, Carlsbad 2011, Osaka 2011 (w/rvugt)
Inger67 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 09:37 AM   #2
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTA/ATP/ITF Summer Internships

My advice would be contacting tournaments and seeing if they have any programs. Or people who contract with those tournaments. There are also brand ambassador opportunities. I know Lacoste was looking this year for Brand Ambassadors to wear Lacoste around the site and direct them to the store.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #3
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Anyone have more leads?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #4
country flag duhcity
moderately sarcastic

duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute duhcity has a reputation beyond repute

http://protennisjobs.teamworkonline....bs/default.cfm
You can apply to jobs there, and sign up for internship notification - though I've been on that list for two years now and haven't gotten anything

The Cincinnati tournament and the Washington Kastles have job listings on teamworkonline.com more often, which a lot of MLB teams use as well if you're interested in that. WTT and the US Open Series/US Open are more likely to hire for the summer for internships. The USTA US Open office is HQ'ed in Westchester I believe, so you'll be working out of the city for most of the summer until the tournament rolls around

The WTA is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, and the ATP in Ponte Vedra Beach, so I assume you'd have to live/work around there. I'm personally looking for a legal/law-related internship, and the firm the WTA uses is a large one in DC, which is probably out of my reach at the moment anyway.

instargram
duhcity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #5
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhcity View Post
http://protennisjobs.teamworkonline....bs/default.cfm
You can apply to jobs there, and sign up for internship notification - though I've been on that list for two years now and haven't gotten anything

The Cincinnati tournament and the Washington Kastles have job listings on teamworkonline.com more often, which a lot of MLB teams use as well if you're interested in that. WTT and the US Open Series/US Open are more likely to hire for the summer for internships. The USTA US Open office is HQ'ed in Westchester I believe, so you'll be working out of the city for most of the summer until the tournament rolls around

The WTA is headquartered in St. Petersburg, Florida, and the ATP in Ponte Vedra Beach, so I assume you'd have to live/work around there. I'm personally looking for a legal/law-related internship, and the firm the WTA uses is a large one in DC, which is probably out of my reach at the moment anyway.
Thank you.
Out of curiosity, has anyone here found any luck working with the tennis organizations?
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote