Prediction: Wozniacki 2012 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Wozniacki 2012?

Still # 1 winning at least one major 17 10.18%
Still # 1 without a major title 14 8.38%
Top 5 but winning first major 8 4.79%
Top 5 without a major 64 38.32%
Out of Top 5 24 14.37%
Out of Top 10 18 10.78%
Out of Top 20 3 1.80%
Retired 2 1.20%
Don't know 3 1.80%
I don't care 14 8.38%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #16
country flag Mynarco
EIFORYA

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Prediction: Wozniacki 2012

No slam, a bronze medal, top 5 solid with some premiers and one or two p5

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Mynarco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #17
country flag kman

kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future kman has a brilliant future

Caroline has won more tournaments than anyone else this year. And with 2 slam semis, it's been her second best season in her career. The biggest win of her career (Indian Wells) came this year as well. If she wins Beijing and YEC, I'd consider it a fantastic season. If she doesn't, it's been a pretty good season, but not quite like 2010.

CAMELINE WOZNIACKI - THE BEST CAMELTOE ON THE FREE MARKET

Caroline Wozniacki :: Maria Sharapova :: Kim Clijsters
kman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #18
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the deal with Wozniacki.
I just think she can win a slam IF she actually makes 2 slam finals next year.

Looking at the new winners of the slam this year, Kvitkova won her slam on the first try but she had the game to do so.
She just overwhelmed Sharapova with her shotmaking.

Li Na won on her second try but her previous slam final was fresh in her head. She knew what she needed to do to win it.
The same applies to Sam. She won a slam on her second try and knew what she needed to do to win.

For Wozniacki, 3 years is a long time between slam finals and could be closer to 4 years if she doesn't win a slam before the US Open. The slam final is not fresh in her mind. I think she will play a great slam final if she gets there but I don't think she will win it.

The thing that will likely have to happen is Caroline making the finals of the Aussie, winning a medal at the Olympics, and then setting herself up for the US Open.
I don't believe her game translates well to clay or grass.
But oddly enough, she doesn't move as great as you would expect. She is anticipates well.
So playing so much on hard courts doesn't take as much of a toll on her body physically.

If she doesn't win next year, then I don't think it will ever happen.
I just think players like Azarenka, Petkovic, Lisicki, etc. are building on their games, while she stays steady.
Slow and steady wins the race if you're Jana Novotna.

I honestly don't like her but as I get older I start to see more and more of the way I play similar to her gamestyle. So although I have respect for her, I really think she will find a way to be number one without a slam next year again.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM   #19
country flag Marlene

Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navratil View Post
She didn't beat any of the top players this year, in fact she only beat 2 top ten players (Schiavone and Jankovic) and recently lost to a lot lower ranked players.
Wozniacki has won 78% of her matches against top-10 players this year!?
Marlene is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #20
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus. View Post
No slam, a bronze medal, top 5 solid with some premiers and one or two p5
You think she can make it to the semi-final over Serena, Kvitova, Venus, Sharapova, Clijsters, Lisicki, sh*t even Pironkova and a few others, and beat at least one of them in the bronze medal game?

I think its more likely she wins the Australian or US Open than an Olympic medal.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #21
country flag Frederik

Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute Frederik has a reputation beyond repute

Top 10
Frederik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #22
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
All against Schiavone and Jankovic, plus an early retirement by Vika.

Its tough to find players in the top 30 with a losing record to Jankovic in 2011. If thats what bragging comes down to as a world #1, you know you are in trouble.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #23
country flag The Kaz
Your fav could never....

The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute The Kaz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
How the hell can Caro how 2 top 10 win and win 78% of those matches?

What she has played 2.55 top 10 players this year?

Fool

Samantha Stosur: US Open Champion 2011

Kerber // Barthel // Jankovic // Dellacqua // Pironkova // Arn // Cohen
Dulgheru // Scheepers // Kanepi // Cetkovska // Lisicki // Niculescu // Errani

The Kaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #24
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Same like this year. Winning MM events and reaching far in big events but not winning some of them. Still #1.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #25
country flag Marlene

Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute Marlene has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kaz View Post
How the hell can Caro how 2 top 10 win and win 78% of those matches?

What she has played 2.55 top 10 players this year?

Fool
She has played 9 matches against top-10 players, and won 7 of them. I looked that up, and then I consulted a math professor who ran the data through a supercomputer and came to the result that 7/9 is 78%.

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #26
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, wins over Schiavone and Jankovic makes statistics look good... but couldnt even beat Vera this year.

had a great streak, from last years Canada to this year IW.
So far couldnt defend Toronto and Tokyo title, while USO SF and New Haven title basically was given by her draw.
Rest is catching up nicely (Sharapova, Kvitova, Azarenka, etc)... If she cant step up on the big stage, she will definitely drop some places after next Indian Wells. And if she gets into a downward spiral, even lower.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #27
country flag Milito22

Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute Milito22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
Retired, pregnancy.
THIS

Milito22 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #28
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much the same.

She'll be a top 5 player reminding everyone that she she won X Titles that year and won New Haven X times in a row.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #29
country flag Marlene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
All against Schiavone and Jankovic, plus an early retirement by Vika.

Its tough to find players in the top 30 with a losing record to Jankovic in 2011. If thats what bragging comes down to as a world #1, you know you are in trouble.
She can only beat the player on the other side of the net. For top ranked players the bulk of opponents are outside-top-10'ers due to the seeding system. That, plus the inconsistency of the other top-10 players, is why she hasn't had the chance to beat any others. Right now, for most of the top-10 players it just doesn't make much sense to count top-10 wins as a measure of success.

Other than that, I think you make some interesting observations in your first post.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 02:14 PM   #30
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

About #7-ish, no Slam semifinals, poor record at Tier 1s... wins in Copenhagen, New Haven and Bastad.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote