Are we dreaming? 4 Germans potentially seeded in Melbourne 2012!! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 25th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #1
country flag ChrisCologne

ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all ChrisCologne is a name known to all
Are we dreaming? 4 Germans potentially seeded in Melbourne 2012!!

With all those tips and dreams at the beginning of 2011, who would have thought we´d have 4 top32 girls at the end of the year. 4!!!

Ok. I admit. I thought about Petko as top20, Görges as top30 and Lisicki as top50. Not to dream about Kerber. I so deeply wished for Lisicki to return, but she had a terrible start to the year, and this start it is what makes her the most dangerous player till Paris 2012 to almost automatically enter the top10 if she keeps her play up till then.

So what are our thoughts for the girls till the middle of next year and for Melbourne?

I think Petko will fall to top20, Görges will solidly remain top30, but Sabine will climb to the top10 after Melbourne most definetly. And I really became a Kerber-fan in New York, wonder what AO has in store for her then.
ChrisCologne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 25th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #2
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are we dreaming? 4 Germans potentially seeded in Melbourne 2012!!

my question is if Kerber continues playing well, will she make the German Fed Cup replacing ALG?

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 09:42 PM   #3
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
my question is if Kerber continues playing well, will she make the German Fed Cup replacing ALG?
Yeah, she will. There would be no justification for ALG being anywhere near that Fed Cup team. She's not even German Top 10 anymore!
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 11:13 PM   #4
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

3 things to think about.

1. As far as I know, German Fed and Kerber doesn't have the best relationship. Will they be able to work together?
2. Does Kerber even want to play for Germany? She actually wanted to represent Poland but was not turned down by the Polish Fed.
3. ALG is still a good doubles player. Without her, who would become Germany's doubles team?

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 12:00 AM   #5
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1. As far as I know, German Fed and Kerber doesn't have the best relationship. Will they be able to work together?
2. Does Kerber even want to play for Germany? She actually wanted to represent Poland but was not turned down by the Polish Fed.
She said in lots of interviews in German media that she wants to play Fed Cup for Germany.
She was ready to play even in 2011 but Rittner didn't nominate her for the ties.

Quote:
3. ALG is still a good doubles player. Without her, who would become Germany's doubles team?
Maybe Görges/Lisicki

ALG hasn't have much success as a doubles player in the last 12 months. She is only Germany's number 3 in the doubles ranking at the moment.
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:02 AM   #6
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Maybe Görges/Lisicki
this, or petko/görges
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:26 AM   #7
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute Specter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
3 things to think about.

I'm able to work with people I don't like and who don't like me every day of the week. Those two should manage to get along for a few days or seriously think about improving their people skills.

2. According to a German interview she gave, the Poles wanted her and she turned them down in favor of good ol' GER. God knows what she told the Polish media.
That she's wholeheartedly German is very questionable, though. Saying she's German to German media and Polish to Polish media is just wrong and she must be bullshitting somebody and I feel like it's us. As long as she plays for us I don't really care. Let's face it, there's a lot of German footballers (to name one sport) who would've turned their back on the nation that made them the athletes they are if we weren't among the best in the world. (Just look for the guys who don't sing the anthem. )

3. Chemistry-wise Petko/Angie would work, I think. Maybe the Polish girls Bine/Angie could work together as well. Realistically, I think the doubs needs to include Jule, since she's the best in doubs and the least consistent in singles. On the other hand... it's clay, so maybe she'll be good again.
It's all very complicated and as I said before: I wouldn't wanna trade with Barbara.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #8
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
3 things to think about.

As mk27 said, Kerber actually wanted to play for Germany. She took it personal when Rittner didn't pick her. However, in an interview for a polish newspaper she said that she feels actually more polish than german. If that's really the case she should choose to play for Poland imo.

Mona Barthel would be an option as well. I'd choose Mona over ALG anyday..
Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:44 AM   #9
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of Johnbert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
in an interview for a polish newspaper she said that she feels actually more polish than german. If that's really the case she should choose to play for Poland imo.
this. but i think she will play for germany, cause the chances to win the fed cup with germany are better than with poland. we've got 3 top20 players, poland only a. radwanska and the next is her sisters ranked #88...
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #10
country flag coyets

coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light coyets is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
Saying she's German to German media and Polish to Polish media is just wrong ...
I disagree. This seems a perfectly reasonable way of increasing advertising and sponsorship revenues, which are an essential part of most tennis players' incomes.

It also seems very reasonable for people in any sport who feel partly Polish and partly German to choose Germany if they are good enough to get selected, because they are more likely to win something playing for Germany than playing for Poland.
coyets is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:48 AM   #11
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispeker View Post
As mk27 said, Kerber actually wanted to play for Germany. She took it personal when Rittner didn't pick her. However, in an interview for a polish newspaper she said that she feels actually more polish than german. If that's really the case she should choose to play for Poland imo.

Mona Barthel would be an option as well. I'd choose Mona over ALG anyday..
Yeah, but she said the exact opposite to to the German ES. So the question should be: who is she lying to? I mean, if she feels like she's both, then she can just say that, but she said she only feels a little Polish because of her family ties to German ES and she said she only feels a tiny bit German because she went to school here (the fuck? ) to Polish ES.

I just don't like the insincerity she's displaying with these interviews. Sorry.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #12
country flag Specter
★ ★ ★ ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyets View Post
I disagree. This seems a perfectly reasonable way of increasing advertising and sponsorship revenues, which are an essential part of most tennis players' incomes.

It also seems very reasonable for people in any sport who feel partly Polish and partly German to choose Germany if they are good enough to get selected, because they are more likely to win something playing for Germany than playing for Poland.
Call me an idealist then. People should be honest about their feelings or just keep their mouths shut.

So we're just out there competing with mercenaries, is what your saying? I don't like the idea of it, but it's probably the sad reality.
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:54 AM   #13
country flag Johnbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyets View Post
that's what i'm talking about
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #14
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

She has confirmed lately she will compete for Germany though. If she was swopping now, many fans would be very disappointed. I think she has made a statement that actually commits her to German tennis in the future.

However, this discussion is not related to the thread title. We should stay on topic here.
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 09:03 AM   #15
country flag Dispeker

Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of Dispeker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter View Post
Yeah, but she said the exact opposite to to the German ES. So the question should be: who is she lying to? I mean, if she feels like she's both, then she can just say that, but she said she only feels a little Polish because of her family ties to German ES and she said she only feels a tiny bit German because she went to school here (the fuck? ) to Polish ES.

I just don't like the insincerity she's displaying with these interviews. Sorry.
Could you post a link where she said that she feels more german than polish? I just checked the internet and didn't find a hint of that.

This interview is from 2008:

According to an interview on the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza (posted by Martin2910) the German Angelique Kerber is thinking about changing her nationality from German to Polish.

The 20-year-old tennis player, who is ranked 121 in the world but was as high as 67 in 2007, says that she has Polish roots and that she often trains in that country.

Check out what she said during the interview...

- I can sing already some "Dąbrowski's Mazurka" (polish national anthem). Certainly, not whole, but when I have decided to change my nationality into polish, I will keep up with it - declares Angelique Kerber.

journalist: Apparently you want to change your nationality into polish?

Angelique Kerber: I am still thinking about it, but there's a lot to do before. I've got polish roots, most of my family lives upon Vistula, when I have free time, I'm training in Puszczykowo, in my grandfather's tennis center.

Your grandfather called his tennis center by your name. Is he also an initiator of changing nationality?

I began to consider changing nationality. I feel polish. My grandfather has never played tennis, but since the beginning he supported me. Maybe I want to do it also for him. I've got a polish passport, so I need also to have the final decision and supple some documents.

It's difficult choice. Be the successor of Steffi Graf or Agnieszka Radwanska?

Aga also lived in Germany (laugh). With polish players I get on very well, but I don't have any problem with Germans. I stick together with Sabina Lisicki, who also has got polish roots. When Germans are not to understand something, we talk in polish.

You played for Germany in Fed Cup. Won't you be accused of a lack of consequence?

Germans will rather accept my decision. Everything will go with no controversy, because they see and feel that I am half Polish. But in this country there often happens to naturalize the players.

You're 20. Aren't you afraid that it's immature decision?

- I still get advise from my family. A Year ago I played in Fed Cup as German. To change the nationality, I need two years of grace. I don't see contraindications but I must still consider everything.

Big sponsor withdrew from supporting Polish Tennis Association. Doesn't it discourage you?

In each country you must get on yourself, it's an individual sport. You should count of yourself regardless of sponsor. In Germany association helps a bit, but it's not a lot. I earn money only in each tournament.

You're talking as if changing changing of nationality changes nothing in tennis carrier.

In my life there won't be any changes, but I'll have a satisfaction. I haven't make a final decision, but I know that I am more polish.

Dispeker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote