Vera Dushevina Cheering Club !!!!!!! - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 02:23 PM   #76
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Vera qualified

6-3 6-3 win over Brianti

Vera plays Julia Vakulenko in rd1
good luck Vera !!!!!!!!!!!!!
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 09:34 AM   #77

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Vera lost to Julia 4-6 4-6
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:04 AM   #78
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
OH NO! What happened Eggy? I really believed that she was going to win or be in the final at least like Sharapova. I guess not.

That's really tough loss for Vera! I hope things will look better for Vera in year 2003. I want to see many Sharapova/Douchevina pro matches in the future.

I would love to see all the Russian players players each other often in the future if they can dominate like Amercians. What competition it would be! Eggy, how can you handle it if that happens? Your head would be spinning like crazy!

0011..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:20 AM   #79

Vera should have played some US events as they are alot easier, or gone to Australia like Maria K has.

European events are the toughest by far of the circuits and playing on indoor green clay here didn't help.

Sharky, I'd handle it no problem and i'd luv it
Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 01:48 PM   #80
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm concerned about Vera. After Wimbledon, she seemed to be the most promising female Russian tennis player. She has size, power and on court intelligence! And no other Russian female tennis player has those attributes. But What a dissapointing finish to 2002 for Vera! She sure hasn't done much since Wimbledon. Vera nad her management team should immediately find a training base outside of Russia. She's already regressing. Her results have been desultory since Wimbledon!

Eggy, you're overrating the European events. If she can beat Sharapova, she should be able to beat Vakulenko.

And a belated happy birthday wish to Vera Douchevina on turning sweet 16!

Sharky, you think the Russian girls can dominate like the Americans? I don't think so! But I'll take 2 in the top ten and 5 in the top 20. That's realistic. But none of the Russian girls has a major weapon like the top Americans. Thus they can't dominate. But they can be very good, like the French and the Belgians.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Nov 23rd, 2002 at 01:54 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2002, 12:47 PM   #81
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by the cat
Vera nad her management team should immediately find a training base outside of Russia. She's already regressing.
same remedy for every Russian player? I'm just wondering whether you have been in Russia and saw the facilities to make that call.

Vakulenko happened to be in a very good form beating players in later rounds quite easily, so (as much as it was dissapointing) it's a learning process and Vera still has time for it.
Old Nov 24th, 2002, 11:17 PM   #82
country flag ~SunFlower~

~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future ~SunFlower~ has a brilliant future
Status of Vera Douchevina as of Nov 24th

Until 17th birthday on October 6th, 2003,

Vera has 10 tournaments left to play:

- 8 tournaments (3 of them can be awarded as wildcard, 1 wildcard in any Tier III-V and 2 wildcards in any Tier I-V)

- 2 additional tournaments (up to 25K ITF level only)

- 4 grandslams (if she makes the cut off based on her ranking for the qualifying grand slams)

Since 16th birthday, Vera has played 2 tournaments 10K Minsk and 25K Deauville so far.

0011..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
~SunFlower~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2002, 07:57 PM   #83

Good luck Vera in Miami

go and get that #1 spot
win both events baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 13th, 2002, 06:34 PM   #84

Hopefully Vera won her QF Orange Bowl match in Miami

come on Vera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
finsh the year on a high
Old Dec 13th, 2002, 07:14 PM   #85

Vera won 6-4 4-6 6-0 over Carly Gullickson

now go and make the final

good luck tomorrow vs Ally Baker, just pound her into submission.
Old Dec 14th, 2002, 12:49 AM   #86
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
GOOD LUCK VERA!!!

How about a Vera - Anna B Final? That would be fun!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14th, 2002, 06:37 PM   #87

Vera made the final with a straight sets demolition job on Ally Baker
6-2 6-3 win and now she plays 2nd seed Anna-Lena Groenefeld for the title

good luck Vera tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!

take the title in style..... just focus and do what i know you can do

best wishes Vera you know what to do
Old Dec 14th, 2002, 09:50 PM   #88
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, that was easy!

Best of luck to Vera in the final. She should win.
Old Dec 15th, 2002, 03:48 PM   #89

Vera won the final in style 6-0 6-1

an awesome performance of power destruction of the 2nd seed

congrats Vera on winning the Orange Bowl Champs

woo-hoo
Old Dec 15th, 2002, 04:36 PM   #90
auntie janie

Exclamation

Congrats to the new CHAMPION, Vera D!

The Russian ladies really have a lock on this Orange Bowl title, don't they!