Vera Dushevina Cheering Club !!!!!!! - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:12 PM   #751
country flag gg

gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all gg is a name known to all
Vera was a lot more controlled than last year and had the power to trade with Capriati. Jen really had to crank it up to win. One big problem to resolve though - guess what- a weak second serve. Good progress by Vera and high hopes for the future. She handled losing well too with a smile and a kiss for Jen.
gg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2004, 09:29 PM   #752
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
So cloase to making an upset...

Anyway well done Vera

MaRiA kIrIlEnKo

DiNaRa SaFiNa

AnAstAsiA

NaDya

VeRa

bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 07:23 AM   #753
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
I am proud of u Vera

GO MARTINA HINGIS!!!!!!!!
Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM   #754
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
Vera

I really thought that she had a chance.

for taking it to 3, rather than folding in the tiebreak.
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 01:27 PM   #755
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Vera had a very good U.S. Open and I hope she can build on it. But a girl her size should be able to have a good first serve that serves as a weapon. If she had a better serve she might have beaten Jennifer Capriati yesterday.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #756
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
her 1st serve was good, got quite some free pts on that or she could dictate the point when it came back

just her 2nd serve........ way too much spin and short
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:01 PM   #757
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
vera did awesome, this was the first time i ever saw a full match of vera's. a set off capriati is great. i think the main thing i have to say about this match would be for vera to work on her mental game, if my memory is correct vera broke capriati in the first game of the third set, against top players like capriati if you get ahead like that in the final set you have to hold that lead or you'll lose, same sort of thing happened with kirilenko against serena at wimby.

but it was a breakthrough tournament, first 3rd round at a slam and she was nowhere near as nervous as she was last year at the us open which was good to see.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 11:04 PM   #758
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
her first serve is good, but i think she needs to place it a bit better sometimes because the speed and depth were good but the serves were pretty close to capriati's hitting zone most of the time so the serve wasnt as effective as it could be and can be in the future, but she has the serve to work with it and make it more of a weapon. she could also add a little variety to the serve because most of the time she served down the t or to the body but rarely served out wide which was surprising because on the couple that she served out wide they were really effective serves i think one was an ace even.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2004, 01:20 PM   #759
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Daniel has a reputation beyond repute
vera;s second serve has always been a weakness. maybe with time she will work on it and it will get better. Go Vera

Myskina, kirilenko, chakvetadze. Douchevina, Petrova, Clijsters, Zvonareva, Dementieva, Vaidiosava, Voskoboeva, !!!!!

Old Sep 6th, 2004, 12:22 PM   #760
country flag saab95

saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future saab95 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
Vera lost 3-6 in 3rd
but i'm glad she showed what she could do in set 2 and 3

1st set was just
thats the way Vera can play

now she got to put it into results

easy to say...
http://alltennis.boxmail.biz/cgi-bin..._article=90748
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 07:41 PM   #761
country flag beauty_is_pink
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute beauty_is_pink has a reputation beyond repute
hey all

jus wanna say hi and that im totally a Vera fan now! i realli like most of the Russians and support them, ie: Nastya, ElenaD, Bovina, Zvonareva, LinaK, Petrova, Makiri, Safina...
i saw Vera's match in wimbly last year and i jus thought she was sooo cute, didnt think much cause she lost early in the tourney. but at this year's USO i saw her on tv against JenCap and i was impressed.. first set was embarassing but she picked up her game in the second set and broke Jen a couple of times, i was real pleased! she's jus so cute and innnoncent looking and its hard to believe she's jus a year younger than me she's definitely an excellent young player, hope she has a great career filled with success

i jus had to add her into my sig

udachi Vera!

~Maria
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #762
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
Vera lost 3-6 in 3rd
but i'm glad she showed what she could do in set 2 and 3

1st set was just
thats the way Vera can play

now she got to put it into results
Vera is improving. She should be ready to take the next step in 2005.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 08:37 AM   #763
country flag Daniel

but i guess she can still go up in the rankings this year. maybe to get into top 50.
Go Vera

Old Sep 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #764
country flag Epigone
I love Jelica!

Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute Epigone has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel
but i guess she can still go up in the rankings this year. maybe to get into top 50.
Go Vera
As of the 13th of September, Vera is ranked #77. The problem is that she still has 54 points to defend this year. That's 53 from Moscow, and 1 from Luxembourg. She is currently 174.25 from #50, and I think that's far too much to make up by the end of the year.

The only way I see it happening is if she takes out Myskina or some other high ranked player on her way to the final of the Kremlin Cup, and there's very little chance of that happening.

Nevertheless, udachi Vera!!!
Epigone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 02:33 PM   #765
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
Watched the commitment list Kremlin Cup. Just keep fingers crossed alot of players will pull out. Unfortunately the higher you're ranked the better it is. Not how good you play on a certain surface. ATM, vera needs a Qual-WC.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote