Vera Dushevina Cheering Club !!!!!!! - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 08:05 PM   #211
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
She won`t play US Open I think. She said Wimbledon may be her last junior tournament.
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2003, 02:16 AM   #212
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Why? What is it about these Russian girls who quit the juniors when they need the match play and they have the chance to finish the year as the #1 ranked junior? That is frustrating! Neither Maria Sharapova or Maria Kirilenko benefited from quitting the juniors too soon. And if Vera doesn't play the U.S. Open this year, that would make 2 straight years she's skipped the U.S. Open. How is that possibly good for her developement?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Jun 13th, 2003 at 02:24 AM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 02:28 AM   #213
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie

ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute ys has a reputation beyond repute
I think more of Russian juniors should look at Vera Z's example.

From all Russian juniors that I remember she had the smoothest possible transition into Pro game from Junior game. She has never been considered a top prospect, such as Bovina, or Lina K, or Sveta. But she was working hard, played Juniors up for as long as she had been eligible for that, and only then she turned pro. And since she turned pro - it was steady, *steady* progress with no slumps, no drama, almost no injuries. At the moment she is the most consistent Russian player, who has absolutely no mental problems, steely nerves, fears nobody and believes in herself. I would not be surprised to see her to finish year as the highest ranked Russian. And her example should make others think that maybe playing Juniors is more benficial rather than throwing a young and immature player into the fire of intensity and pressure of Pro tournaments just to burn out.

"the words “insane” and “insane person” and “lunatic” shall include every idiot, lunatic, insane person, and person non compos mentis" 1 U.S.C. §1

PLAY TENNIS!
ys is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 02:49 AM   #214
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
i think a few years ago when the game wasn't quite as much about power it was ok for the juniors to come up at a young age because at that stage in tennis a power game was good enough to get them a smooth transition into pro's whereas now the pro game is all about power and the difference between the juniors and pro's in todays game is that juniors aren't as consistent (like the willliams sisters use to be and like lucic is) and maybe the mental aspect of the game for some players.

it is no longer good to start a career at 16 in the pro's because to do well in the pro's these days a player needs a relatively developed game (consistent strokes etc.).

i don't really understand vera d's transistioin because she isn't playing much on the junior circuit and she isn't playing much in challengers or wta events. she is playing so little that it could hinder her development imo.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Gowza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 08:22 AM   #215
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
ys, I don`t see Vera playing well on fast surfaces. She is an obvious clay-courter and I fear she won`t progress in the rankings playing on hard or carpet.

Considering transition from juniors to pro - well, everybody has his own road. But I really don`t understand why a girl should play juniors if she is already competitive on a higher level? Injuries? That can be easily avoid by playing less tournaments. Anyway there are age restrictions.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 10:06 AM   #216
country flag Gowza

Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of Gowza has much to be proud of
fresh2flash, she did pretty well in miami which is hardcourt. she won wimbledon juniors last year and reached the quarters of the junior oz open and they are both pretty fast surfaces.

also good luck to: azarenka, lucic, sprem, vakulenko, vaidisova, safarova, ivanovic, groenefeld, mirza, krajicek, kvitkova, larcher de brito, lisicki.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 10:51 AM   #217
country flag fresh2flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
she did pretty well
I meant Vera Z. Sorry, I didn`t precise.
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #218
country flag Gowza

sorry then

Old Jun 15th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #219
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
I think every person has their own transition period. Look @ Sharapova, she's doing quite well at the moment and she didn't follow Vera Z's route.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 07:55 PM   #220
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Vera got Roby Vinci in rd 1 of qualies

hardest possible match

good luck Vera, remain unbeaten on grass at least here during qualies
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #221
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Vera lost.
Old Jun 20th, 2003, 04:32 AM   #222
country flag Gowza

i was pretty dissapointed with this. especially since vera took a wildcard to get in.

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 03:53 AM   #223
country flag Gowza

where is vera playing next? it's so tough waiting for the young players to play because of the limited tournaments they can play.

Old Jul 14th, 2003, 10:15 AM   #224
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Vera is due to play next week in $50k+H Innsbruck qualies
possibly the week after in Sopot
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2003, 11:33 AM   #225
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute
I still say Vera D. should have played on a different surface. I guess, in Moscow you can practise on Hard Courts too. I'd rather she withdraws, and practise indoors to prepare herself for the Kremlin Cup. She might be the revelation of the Kremlin Cup, of course you need to prepare yourself intensively/thoroughly. IMO, the Kremlin Cup is the most important for Vera D.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote