Vera Dushevina Cheering Club !!!!!!! - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:28 AM   #151
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
best of luck Vera
just relax and let your shots flow

Center Court
is this event shown on US TV yet ??
its not in Europe until Sunday/Mon
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:52 PM   #152
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoiledEgg
best of luck Vera
just relax and let your shots flow

Center Court
is this event shown on US TV yet ??
its not in Europe until Sunday/Mon

no they will start on Sun
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:54 PM   #153
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Well done Vera! She has saved this tournament from being a complete joke for the Russian women. The play of Kournikova, Bovina, Dementieva and Sharapova was a monumental dissapointment this week! But Vera and Dinara have saved the day!
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:14 PM   #154
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Well done Vera! She has saved this tournament from being a complete joke for the Russian women. The play of Kournikova, Bovina, Dementieva and Sharapova was a monumental dissapointment this week! But Vera and Dinara have saved the day!

the cat, don't talk about dissapointments... if you don't want certain poster to kick your behind

(but I agree with your post 100%)
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:19 PM   #155
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, TA! What poster?
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg

Last edited by the cat : Mar 22nd, 2003 at 07:25 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:51 PM   #156

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Vera lost 3-6 2-6 to Justine
she was 3-1 up too

still its a learning curve for Vera
pretty decent week and moves up nicely in ranks
now she's got to play some more events and get up higher

Summary Douchevina Henin-Hardenne
1st Serve % 49% 65%
Aces 1 3
Double Faults 5 1
Winning % - 1st Serve Pts. 22 of 34 = 65% 21 of 26 = 81%
Winning % - 2nd Serve Pts. 12 of 36 = 33% 8 of 14 = 57%
Winners (Including Service) 11 26
Unforced Errors 20 22
Break Point Conversions 1 of 1 = 100 % 5 of 10 = 50 %
Net Approaches 3 of 13 = 23 % 8 of 11 = 73 %
Total Points Won 45 65
Fastest Match Serve Speed 107 MPH 113 MPH
Average Match Serve Speed 100 MPH 105 MPH
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:57 PM   #157
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Vera showed a lot of heart in this match! She was up 3-1, then lost umpteen games in a row (sorry, too lazy to count 'em). But she DID NOT GIVE UP!! Despite playing such an elite player she stayed in the match and finally took a couple games in the 2nd.

This fighting spirit that Never Says Die is what I look for in a young player. Thanks to that, Vera has climbed up my Russian faves list this week to claim the #4 spot.

If the others keep going down the road they are on, Vera2 could be my #1 Russian soon!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:53 AM   #158
country flag tenn_ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by the cat
Thanks, TA! What poster?
janie.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:56 AM   #159
country flag tenn_ace

4 years is the difference between her and Justine... could Vera catch up?

judging by today's match she is on the right path... I feel there will more things to come for her this year. All she needed is couple of good wins in a row. Vera will be close to top 100 (or maybe inside) by the end of the year.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:38 AM   #160
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
More things will come? Of course more things will come!

This was only Vera's THIRD WTA main draw match in her life!! She has played in qualies in only a handful of other WTA events. Vera is a veritable infant on this Tour!

And even in the Challengers, Vera's experience has been extremely limited so far. Just three months ago, we were excited about Vera's huge win -- in the Orange Bowl! A Junior event! She's just 3 months from being a junior player! (In fact maybe she is still playing Jrs, I don't know.)

So getting through qualies at a Tier 1 event, winning a main draw match there, and then going out on the Stadium Court and going up 3-1 -- what a dream come true for a young kid. I am so thrilled for her!

I don't know what Vera's plans are. I hope she will continue to play in Challengers and try to qualify in low-tier WTA events. I hope she will methodically work on building her strength, her game and her confidence, well away from the spotlight; the spotlight that seems to shrivel up the Russian girls as soon as it shines toward them!

Vera's got some toughness; we know she's got the big heart. She knows how to win; she has proven that as junior Wimbledon champion. She is not surrounded by photographers, journalists, sponsors or a whole team of people ready to suck her blood. She is just now starting out! Let's give her some space and time. I am not going to criticize any kid under 18 no matter how they they perform, or how often they "fail". So Vera's got my 100% unconditional support for at least a year and a half. Go to it, kid!
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:00 PM   #161
country flag vaiva

vaiva has disabled reputation
The result is not bad. Vera managed to win 5 games playing against #4 player in the world!

I hope the opportunity to play on a centre court in front of a big crowd is going to inspire Vera more and raise the desire to become a player who is worth the main tennis stage not because she plays a star but because she herself is the main attraction of the match.

Great tournament for Vera. Huge experience for a young girl. I expect many more to come in the future.
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM   #162

Report from Daniel of Vera's match

Then saw Douchevina vs. Henin. Ok. Henin was the favorite here but I was cheering for Vera. Wasn’t she 3-1 up a break in the first set??? Yes she was, and then she got nervous. She made so many errors. I think the problem was she got nervous, probably because she was playing Henin, or maybe it was stadium court. She has nice groundstrokes. I noticed she was inside the baseline all the match receiving firt and second serve. I supposed she tried to intimidate Justine, but it did not work, because Justine got a powerful first serve (amazing how that short girl can generate so much power).. Vera never got upset, did not throw racket at any moment. I think she needs to improve her serve motion, add more power.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:46 PM   #163
country flag vaiva

vaiva has disabled reputation
thnx TBE

somehow, i missed this report. there are so many around, lol
vaiva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:56 PM   #164
auntie janie

Smile

I missed it too! Thanks, Eggy!

Am happy but not surprised to learn that Vera did not lose her temper! That doesn't seem to be her style.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:45 PM   #165
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Vera but very good week.