The Hotel California thread, for all tennistalk that's not about Flavia - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM   #901
country flag macginity

macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Hotel California thread, for all tennistalk that's not about Flavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
MACSIE!!!

The book will be in English, so there will be no need to translate! And yes, I will send you a copy, send me a PM with a postal address or PO Box you'd like me to send a hard copy to you when it's done, or else, if you don't mind electronic format, I'm sure the publisher will PDF it anyway, so I can e-mail it to you.

Btw, what are you about to study???

Hope you're well, sending you, Brazil and Brazilia all my love

Will be in english?! HA!
So you won't have more work.

You can send me in the way you think it's better. Paper or digital, they are pretty much the same for me. My problem with paper books (that's not a problem, actually) is that sometimes I stop reading to smell the book. I the smell of books (and the smell of puzzles).

Well, after years denying it to myself I decided to fight for my (professional) dream: to be a diplomat. The 'only' problem is that to be a diplomat I need to be admited in the Brazilian School of Diplomats. And the admission exam is like your worst nightmare when you think about an exam in the humanities area. Let's say that I need to know everything about everywhere. So in april I'll start my journey to be a student of diplomacy.

"and eternity my friend is a long fucking time"
macginity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #902
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
Heh, thanks. Everytime I saw a like, I wanted to write you sth, but never got round to doing it, sorry

The book sounds interesting. The EU decision process is a bit of an issue here (well, not really, but it's interesting from the Dutch point of view). The Dutch feel kind of important in the EU, since we're one of the 6 founders etc, but obviously we are a small country, and the more Eastern Europe states have entered the EU, the more countries there were with more inhabitants than the Netherlands, so we don't like the sound of weighing votes per inhabitants, as is often suggested It's an interesting phenomenon for sure.

Gisela and Paola are playing doubles for the Olympics, as Fernanda said. Flavia is supposed to play with Francesca, but you know Flavia, she never does what she's supposed to
Linda-babe,

The Dutch are important in the EU, and for the EU. Besides being a founding (Benelux) country, they've also had major contributions in shaping the structures and modus operandi of the whole thing. Unfortunately however, what's happening at the minute is that economic power and market size is becoming a more important factor in shaping policies. For example, regional economies such as Ireland, Portugal and Greece (all with populations c. 10 million) are net importers of goods, thus rely on bigger economies, or had so far, to fund their trade deficits and budget deficits. Countries such as Holland are net exporters of goods, which is why the EU made sense, because a) it provided a huge market b) it alleviated political tensions which plagued Europe between 1912-1945. However, large-market countries (Poland etc.), now being net-absorbers of 'western' country products, are demanding greater say, whilst older members, now weakened by financial crisis (and their own internal corruption, like Greece), are becoming weaker in terms of influence and say.

All in all, very interesting. Because you have a viral rise in nationalism (a phenomenon the EU was supposed to mitigate), and what is in effect a re-nationalization (doubts over the Schengen agreement etc.), all creating a very different atmosphere to the 1990s when there was an all-out drive to form a large common market.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, could harp on for hours, this is a a tennis forum

Sending you a huge kiss xxx

PS. You have the most adorable rabbit ever...
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 01:44 PM   #903
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by macginity View Post
Will be in english?! HA!

You can send me in the way you think it's better. Paper or digital, they are pretty much the same for me. My problem with paper books (that's not a problem, actually) is that sometimes I stop reading to smell the book. I the smell of books (and the smell of puzzles).

Well, after years denying it to myself I decided to fight for my (professional) dream: to be a diplomat. The 'only' problem is that to be a diplomat I need to be admited in the Brazilian School of Diplomats. And the admission exam is like your worst nightmare when you think about an exam in the humanities area. Let's say that I need to know everything about everywhere. So in april I'll start my journey to be a student of diplomacy.
Please check your Private Messages!
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #904
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will be in english?! HA!

FORZA SARITA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #905
country flag chmath

@flavia_pennetta es verdad que te gusta comerte un buen PENE a l'arrabiatta?

I don't do twitter, but does this mean what I think it means??? And who the f*uck would ask that???
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #906
FORZA SARITA

FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute FORZA SARITA has a reputation beyond repute

yes it means that
and it wasn't me
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #907
FORZA SARITA

chris i'm still so pissed for yesterday nght
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 04:44 PM   #908
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Linda-babe,

The Dutch are important in the EU, and for the EU. Besides being a founding (Benelux) country, they've also had major contributions in shaping the structures and modus operandi of the whole thing. Unfortunately however, what's happening at the minute is that economic power and market size is becoming a more important factor in shaping policies. For example, regional economies such as Ireland, Portugal and Greece (all with populations c. 10 million) are net importers of goods, thus rely on bigger economies, or had so far, to fund their trade deficits and budget deficits. Countries such as Holland are net exporters of goods, which is why the EU made sense, because a) it provided a huge market b) it alleviated political tensions which plagued Europe between 1912-1945. However, large-market countries (Poland etc.), now being net-absorbers of 'western' country products, are demanding greater say, whilst older members, now weakened by financial crisis (and their own internal corruption, like Greece), are becoming weaker in terms of influence and say.

All in all, very interesting. Because you have a viral rise in nationalism (a phenomenon the EU was supposed to mitigate), and what is in effect a re-nationalization (doubts over the Schengen agreement etc.), all creating a very different atmosphere to the 1990s when there was an all-out drive to form a large common market.

Anyway, I'll shut up now, could harp on for hours, this is a a tennis forum

Sending you a huge kiss xxx

PS. You have the most adorable rabbit ever...
It's definitely very interesting....your book is gonna be great, I am sure

The rise in nationalism is even more interesting to me - I mean, that's my kind of subject But it's a whole different discussion I guess. A very relevant one in the Netherlands too, with our "awesome" PVV.

But yeah, probably not the best talk for a tennisforum

I'll PM you soon (if I forget, feel free to PM me. It might happen. I have 0 memory these days....)

And yes, Chico is the cutest I had a rabbit when I was young too, but he is just sooo much cuter than that one!

Oh and I am pissed for Napoli too.

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:18 PM   #909
country flag macginity

macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold macginity is a splendid one to behold

Stop laughing, Fran!
The smell of books and puzzle is addictive. Im addicted.

Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #910
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Napoli are useless..I really counted on them beating Chels(hit)ea

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:35 PM   #911
FORZA SARITA

Quote:
Stop laughing, Fran!
The smell of books and puzzle is addictive. Im addicted.
ok
can you kill Michel Telo' for me please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominatorb2 View Post
Napoli are useless..I really counted on them beating Chels(hit)ea
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #912
country flag chmath

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SUCKETTA View Post
chris i'm still so pissed for yesterday nght
Seriously, over the two games Napoli DESERVED to qualify... I felt really sorry for them, and I thought of you when it ended. Forza Napoli, one of my favourite teams, for sure.

As for the twitter post, it's unreal... Poor girl...
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #913
FORZA SARITA

Quote:
Seriously, over the two games Napoli DESERVED to qualify... I felt really sorry for them, and I thought of you when it ended. Forza Napoli, one of my favourite teams, for sure.

As for the twitter post, it's unreal... Poor girl...
we should have won 4-1 at home and scored a goal in first 30 mins yesterday but everything went against us the thing that worry me is that we were on a roll and back on track in the league but this loss will hurt the team and we can only dream to play CL again on sunday against Udinese

i'm sure she had a good laugh
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #914
country flag chmath

Quote:
we should have won 4-1 at home and scored a goal in first 30 mins yesterday but everything went against us the thing that worry me is that we were on a roll and back on track in the league but this loss will hurt the team and we can only dream to play CL again on sunday against Udinese

i'm sure she had a good laugh
BIG game against Udinese, for sure...Although, I do hope they continue the run and make the CL qualifying (4th team in Italy does go to the qualifying round, no???).

Anyway, off to watch my own team, Olympiakos, hopefully qualify for the Europa League 8...
Old Mar 15th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #915
country flag macginity

Quote:
ok
can you kill Michel Telo' for me please?
This is one of my life goals. I need to stop this blond dwarf.