Season 2011 - Final Spurt on Hard Courts - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 24th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #31
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Season 2011 - Final Spurt on Hard Courts

Sori is in the final

She def Voegele 5-7 7-5 6-1 She was actually 5-7 3-5 down

Let's win this now!
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #32
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Interview after her SF:
Quote:
«At one point, it really felt like I already had one foot on the plane back home. She was up 5-3 in the second set, she served for the match and that's when I broke her for the first time of the match, which was the perfect time to do it. Then I fought, I stayed there and it paid off. I'm so glad I won this one... She served very well and it added pressure on me because I couldn't break her. Also, that's why I'm really happy my returns were so efficient today. As soon as I got the opportunity to play more aggressively, I knew things were going to go better for me. Sometimes I have the feeling I'm a little bit asleep on court, and that was the case at the beginning today, until I woke up. i had seen her outfit yesterday and I realized we were going to wear the same clothes if I didn't change mine but I didn't want to, that's what Adidas gave us and I love this outfit. It's good for them, too ! The bright orange looks great in a sunny weather like today's. It looks nice and I win with it, so it's even more enjoyable ! I'm not sure I'll watch the other semifinal, I have to cool down and I have a couple of other things to do and if I'm still around, I'll watch it. But I know the two players pretty well anyway so it's not really that important. My father is usually very quiet in the stands, he doesn't say much, but today he was like: "Come on Sorana, you can do it!". I thought: "OK, if my dad says I can do it, I probably can!". I'm glad he enjoyed the match. My schedule until tomorrow's final is simple: I have to cool down, then I have an interview. I think after that I'll want to have lunch and rest a little bit. And we'll probably go to dinner in the old city tonight.»
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #33
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Sorana, you sleep often during matches

A win is a win!
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 04:18 PM   #34
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

The outfit talk

The sleep thing

Hardly readable tho They left the questions out
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #35
country flag Sasja

Sori wins the title

She def Soler-Espinosa 6-2 6-2

That's a really good win. I expected a closer match, but maybe Silvia was also a bit tired after 2 really good weeks.

Five wins in a row! Great tournament for Sori

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #36
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Yes, Sorana, you sleep often during matches

A win is a win!
To be honest, it's rather impressive that she realizes this herself.

Good luck in the final!
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #37
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome Up to #81 in the ranks. Now build from here.. finish 2011 with a good feeling
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #38
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

She played her three best tournaments this year on French clay - Cagnes-sur-Mer, French Open and now Saint-Malo.

Coincidence?

I would be happy is she can transform that form onto WTA level!
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #39
country flag Vikkiri.

Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of

Congrats Sori
Vikkiri. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM   #40
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
She played her three best tournaments this year on French clay - Cagnes-sur-Mer, French Open and now Saint-Malo.

Coincidence?

I would be happy is she can transform that form onto WTA level!
She will
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #41
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute

darren_cahill Darren Cahill
Onwards & Upwards @sorana_cirstea. Great job with your ITF win in France. Not bad considering you thought it was on hardcourt (it was clay)

sorana_cirstea Sorana Cirstea

Haha tnx so much Darren @darren_cahill ...aparantlly i can win tournaments on clay playing like on hard court or maybe thats the secret
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #42
country flag Curcubeu

at cinfusing clay with hard
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #43
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
at cinfusing clay with hard
It's what Na Li did at Roland Garros And it paid out!

Last edited by grs : Sep 26th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #44
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sorana is POTW on the G&R Watch for St. Malo
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:57 PM   #45
country flag Curcubeu

WTA Linz, Qualifying Draw:

(3)Anastasiya Yakimova vs Viktoriya Kutuzova
Nina Brtachikova vs Anastasia Rodionova
Silvia Soler-Espinosa vs (wc)Janina Toljan
Nikola Hofmanova vs (7)Sorana Cirstea

She must qualify here...

Hofmanova is a walking bye, Soler-Espinosa was beaten easily by her even on clay and Yakimova is an overranked ITF queen...