Season 2011 - Final Spurt on Hard Courts - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #16
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Season 2011 - Final Spurt on Hard Courts

Lost 6 and 4 to Alla.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #17
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

To answer the question why she is playing Saint-Malo. I guess she hopes for another great run like her won ITF in Cagnes-sur-Mer and she prefers playing on clay over Hard Court tournaments...
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #18
country flag Ivanovic2008

Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute Ivanovic2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Sorana! Where is she next?
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #19
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

100k ITF in Saint-Malo on clay to mess up my thread title...
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 07:26 AM   #20
country flag Curcubeu

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=445457

Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #21
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
She's a clever girl with a very good sense of humor
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #22
country flag Curcubeu

$100,000 ITF Saint-Malo:

(4)Laura Pous-Tio (ESP) v Nina Bratchikova (RUS)
Alexandra Cadantu (ROU) v (LL)Catalina Castano (COL)
Elitsa Kostova (BUL) v (LL)Eva Fernandez-Brugues (ESP)
(5)Sorana Cirstea (ROU) v Estrella Cabeza-Candela (ESP)

Quarterfinal againsr cadantu, please!
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 12:31 PM   #23
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

(5)Sorana Cirstea (ROU) d. Estrella Cabeza-Candela (ESP) 67(5) 60 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorana Cirstea
Slow start today and mostly because I thought I was still playing on a hard court
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorana Cirstea
I've spent more time on the ground today then on my feet...my knees look like they've been throu World War 2 after today's match...
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #24
country flag Curcubeu

Still, great scoreline if we are neglecting the first set clay accomodation!
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:05 AM   #25
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Sori is in the QF. She def LL Eva Fernandez Brugues in R2: 6-4 6-3

Today QF against the nr 4 seed Laura Pous-Tio
H2H is 0-2, but hopefully Sori can win this time.

Interviews on tournament website:

Sorana Cirstea
Quote:
«I was playing really well in the first set, I was ahead 5-1 and then I think I started to forget where I was and I stopped playing a little bit (laughter). But then I started getting back into the match and adding variety to my game, with drop shots and things like that, and eventually it went well. I came to the net quite a lot and missed some easy volleys but I also hit some difficult ones so all in all, I'm hapy with my net game, I'm very confident with it. It's the first day here with no rain this year, I really enjoyed that. The sun was actually so bright that I put sun screen on, which is a good sign, I like this kind of weather much better. I'll get to play my third Spanish player in a row tomorrow. It's going to be a very challenging match as I've played Laura Pous-Tio twice and I lost every time.»
Eva Fernandez-Brugues
Quote:
«It was so difficult, I don't think I hit a single winner before 5-1 for her, she was playing incredibly well. All I could do was run all over the court, there was nothing else to do to stop her. High balls, topspin, she was returning everything. She 's so good, she can beat pretty much anyone when she plays like that.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 04:43 PM   #26
country flag Curcubeu

Demolished Pous-Tio 3 and 1 in the quarters!

Great decision from her to go back to challengers on clay! Next round against an on fire Soler-Espinosa will be interesting!
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM   #27
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
Demolished Pous-Tio 3 and 1 in the quarters!

Great decision from her to go back to challengers on clay! Next round against an on fire Soler-Espinosa will be interesting!
If Soler-Espinosa beats Johansson in semifinals
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM   #28
country flag Curcubeu

Oops...

First of all she will beat Voegele of course, then Soler-Espinosa
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 05:24 PM   #29
country flag vuhvuh

vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all vuhvuh is a name known to all

good win sorana still i think pous-tio couldnt be at her best meh sori has so much potentional be top 20 next year! and get a coach!
vuhvuh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 06:40 PM   #30
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, that's an impressive scoreline against Pous Tio. It's something positive, even if perhaps Laura was below her best. That pic of her on the ground is pretty cute.

Last edited by HowardH : Sep 23rd, 2011 at 06:57 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote