Who is the oldest living female tennis great? - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 06:56 AM   #16
Zummi

Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold Zummi is a splendid one to behold
Yes, she is
Zummi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #17
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Is Dodo still going like the energizer bunny?
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #18
country flag trivfun

trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of trivfun has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
Is Dodo still going like the energizer bunny?

I think she is the first American to win the Australian that Dodo.
trivfun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #19
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who is the oldest living female tennis great?

As of 2013

Dorothy Cheney 96
Louise Brough 90
Doris Hart 87

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #20
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Is Bobbie Heine (Miller) still alive? See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbie_Heine_Miller
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #21
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmark401 View Post
Is Bobbie Heine (Miller) still alive? See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobbie_Heine_Miller
-----
I live about 8k from her (or at least where she lived when she turned 100) and haven't heard/read anything in the news since then. She'd be one of the oldest living people in the capital, so that would be news-worthy, even without her sporting credentials.

Tried to look her up in the phone-book and she's not listed, but that doesn't mean much. She's also not listed in the local cemetery/graveyard search, so here's hoping..
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM   #22
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all

Doris Hart, b. 20 June 1925, is 88 years young today. Doris, Margaret Court and Martina Navratilova are the only players, male or female, to have won the singles, doubles and mixed doubles titles at all four majors. Like other players of her era, Doris's achievements were somewhat overshadowed by the success of Maureen Connnoly in the years 1951-54.
-----
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote