Mirjana Lucic: Quebec and Beyond to Finish 2011 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 09:00 AM   #16
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold
Re: Mirjana Lucic: Quebec and Beyond to Finish 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
how i missed that? on which tv was it?

guess i can only hope someone will upload it.
Really like the worst possible draw in doubles. Still GL.
Red carpet

http://www.net.hr/zvijezde/page/2011...06.html?pos=n1 here is the article

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #17
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

Yes --it is a bummer that Mirjana just slipped out of the Top 100. However, the importance of winning that first round US Open match cannot be underemphasized, on a number of levels.

1. She was spiraling and halted the spiral with a big, gritty win over a very in-form player, at a SLAM. Huge mental boost for her (even if she did play like a dog's ass against Frankie).

2. The 100 points she earned for her well-deserved Open win are a crucial safeguard for her chances to "make good" the rest of this season. If she had lost 160 points instead of just 60, her outlook would be grim for making anything up, since I expect she'll be popping a bit of champagne cork in November.

3. Having the security of that 100 points from the Open, she now only needs to defend two significant results: the 42 or so points in Quebec, which a couple of wins would do nicely; the 75 points in Albuquerque, which she could conceivably do by defending her title.

Plus, she is playing all the Challenger events she can between now and November, and she sucked at a number of them last year when got the flu. She can totally improve upon Vegas, Kansas City, and Troy.

With some extra motivation and focus, she could finish the year just inside the Top 100, or at least be in position to gain another direct entry into the Australian in 2012, and then hopefully replace all of her shitty late winter and spring 2011 results with some wins that will propel her ranking considerably. She must sprinkle-in a few Challenger events early next season, too. I like Ajmo!'s suggestion that she try her hand at a few Aussie 25Ks to get some match-play before the big events. That did wonders for Alicia Molik in 2010.

If Mirjana can summon the reserves to go deep into the Bell Challenge, that would be a truly sweet insurance policy.

As we keep saying, and as we all know: the talent is there for her to do all of these things. She was playing Top 40 ball earlier this season and, when it comes together for her, she can just steamroll right into another gear of quality play. Focus, girl!

Good luck to her, to her marriage, and to her cookbook.

What's in that cookbook, anyhow?

"Miki Muffins"?

"Lobster a la Lucic"?

"Ajmo Apple-Fritters"?

"Blow-a-Lead" Lamb Chops?

"Damn-the-Drop-Shot!" Duck Breasts?

"I-Can't-Beat-Asian-Girls" Gravy?

"Clobber-Cirstea-with-Your-Racket" Risotto?

"Challengers-are-for-Chumps" Chimichangas?

"Dreaming-of-a-Semifnal" Souffle?

"Alexandra Stevenson-is-an-Ogre" Omelette?

and, most probably:

"I'm-Going-to-Poison-Mikireturns-for-Being-Such-a-Fickle-Fan" Fritatta

Hey, I'll buy it.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #18
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikireturns View Post

What's in that cookbook, anyhow?

"Damn-the-Drop-Shot!" Duck Breasts?

"I-Can't-Beat-Asian-Girls" Gravy?

"Clobber-Cirstea-with-Your-Racket" Risotto?

"Challengers-are-for-Chumps" Chimichangas?

"Dreaming-of-a-Semifnal" Souffle?

"Alexandra Stevenson-is-an-Ogre" Omelette?

and, most probably:

"I'm-Going-to-Poison-Mikireturns-for-Being-Such-a-Fickle-Fan" Fritatta

No, I already said. I have a feeling this will be huge week. I just hope I'm not wrong.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #19
country flag tennisfanML09

tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice

first i must say i'm so happy and excited to hear Mirjana is planning to play for 3-4 more years and ofcourse it's so nice to hear from her she's enjoying life! i wish her all the best first in private life and then ofcourse in her live as a proffesional tennis player... Now i belive she still has and will have something interesting and exciting to offer on the pro tour... i'm sure she'll fight till the end of the year (season) and i'm sure she'll have more of those nice results which we all expect from her as her fans.... With summary of couple of very nice wins and some bad losses this year she has so much space to improve in results till the end of this season and for whole next season! Mirjana can go ahead with her head straight... Also, i must not forget-happy to see she has interests beside tennis!
tennisfanML09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #20
country flag tennisfanML09

tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice tennisfanML09 is just really nice

btw, when is Mirjana playing her 1st round match in Quebec???
tennisfanML09 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #21
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

probably tomorrow
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM   #22
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana plays the third match today on the side court. The first match starts at 11 am local time.
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:32 PM   #23
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Good start. Breaks to 15.
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #24
ajmo!

DF on a game point. Only thing I NEED to avoid after Ajla's match.
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #25
ajmo!

Miki 2-0
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM   #26
ajmo!

Wasted 2 BP's... Lucic 2-1
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #27
ajmo!

Miki 4-2
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #28
ajmo!

Hampton and Tatishvili had a big win in doubles yesterday over Erakovic(Wimbledon F)/Arvidsson and Ann lost to Coin to day(who sucks big time lately) so I guess Hampton has to play some good tennis.

OMG 2DF's from 15-0 to 15-30
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #29
ajmo!

BP Hampton. Quite stupid with Miki winning 85% of first serve points and 70% of serve in.
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #30
ajmo!

Adv. Miki