Mirjana Lucic: Quebec and Beyond to Finish 2011 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #1
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Mirjana Lucic: Quebec and Beyond to Finish 2011

The draw is out for Quebec's Bell Challenge. Mirjana is in the bottom half of the main draw and plays Jamie Hampton in R1, with a likely 2nd rounder against Strycova and possible quarter against second-seeded Safarova.

Stranger things have happened.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #2
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana Lucic: Quebec and Beyond to Finish 2011

not the worst draw ever. hampton is streaky, but she's fast and has a decent serve for her size. get her miki!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #3
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of SERVivor has much to be proud of

She beat Hampton last year at a 25.000 challenger for the title. That was the begining of her push to the top 100. I favor her against Hampton who hasn't progressed all that fast in the rankings.
SERVivor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 11:34 PM   #4
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Jamie missed a lot of tennis this summer with injuries, so I think she's better than her ranking indicates. Like Mirjana, she had her big push last year and has struggled to keep her new position this year. I really like them both, which means I'll be both happy AND disappointed no matter how it turns out. I guess the best I can hope for is a really competitive match with both players playing at their best so they can both feel good about it afterward, whatever the outcome.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #5
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future

I watched a lot of Jamie's play last year in the Stanford qualifying rounds and she is erratic, not thegrittiest player out there, and can also get very down on herself. If Mirjana is remotelyfocused, she ought to come through against her. Then, it would be very interesting to see how she matches-up against (presumably) Zalahvova-Strykova, who is rather sketchy lately, and I would love to see her in a quarter against Safarova.

Gosh ... still dreaming of a wild run to the finish-line for Mirjana. With this draw and a break from the WTA hard courts & conditions, she has got to believe she can win an event like this. If she plays like she did in late May-early July, she can certainly beat them all.
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 03:14 AM   #6
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

30 points for beating Hampton. Please don't blow it, Mirjana. Pleeeeease...?
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #7
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

[8] Tatishvili v Q
Krajicek v [WC] Pelletier
Q v [WC] Wozniak
Dubois v [4] Marino

This 1/4 would be perfect draw but she can still play a player from that part of the draw. Just play your game, Miki!
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #8
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think it matters who she plays right now. she just needs to start playing well
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #9
country flag croat123

live stream starts monday. probably center court only...doubt playing hampton will get her on there
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #10
country flag croat123

Krajicek/Safarova(3) vs Lucic/Oudin

slam champs
winnable...safarova was terrible at the us open (even worse than miki)
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #11
country flag volume3d

volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of volume3d has much to be proud of

Interview with Mirjana on croTV.... taped during US open...:

Wedding in November, shes just 2happy, very very inlove with that italian guy....
Wedding is going to be huge, on Florida, few worldwide megastars are going to sing on their wedding(she cant tell the names yet)
She wants to play for 3 or 4 years more.....go top50 in next 6 or 7 months....so no baby in plans
No contact with her father, he wont be on her wedding.....
Shes great friend with all croatian players...best with Goran Ivanisevic
Next month her coockbook is released in USA
She's also very involved in charity work...all 'presents' from their wedding are going to the charities ....-that was so nice

Very cool interview...she looks and sounds great Like a very very happy woman

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #12
country flag mikireturns

Good for Mirjana -- glad to know she is remaining positive and eager to keep going forward into the Top 50. She certainly has an entire five months of openings to make significant movement like that next year. Good luck.

And three cheers for Samantha Stosur. that shut Serena up.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:18 AM   #13
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post

Wedding in November, shes just 2happy, very very inlove with that italian guy....
Wedding is going to be huge, on Florida, few worldwide megastars are going to sing on their wedding(she cant tell the names yet)
She wants to play for 3 or 4 years more.....go top50 in next 6 or 7 months....so no baby in plans
She's also very involved in charity work...all 'presents' from their wedding are going to the charities ....-that was so nice

Thank you! Love the 3-4 more years and the ranking goal
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #14
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Mirjana drops out of the top 100 this week, from 96 to 104
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM   #15
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by volume3d View Post

how i missed that? on which tv was it?

guess i can only hope someone will upload it.
Really like the worst possible draw in doubles. Still GL.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote