Womens Tennis in General - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:20 PM   #76
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Ugh. Espn 2 gave a recap of today's men's matches at the start of their primetime coverage but didn't give a recap of today's women's matches.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #77
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

About 20 minutes later Espn 2 finally gave a recap of today's women's matches. It didn't seem to last as long as the recap of today's men's matches though.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #78
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Too nice?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...313322900.html

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #79
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Read that in GM and thought it was overall pretty silly as well.
So happy for Caro that she allows herself to have friends and speak to other players. The idea of her walking into a locker room and all other players just cowering away without daring to approach her just sounds sad and cold.
Imagine traveling the world over throughout the entire season with this awkward aura. Only her team to talk too.
Don't get me wrong...I grew up in the era of Hingis, Capriati, and Williams Sisters drama and I loved it. But this new generation of "nice" is quite refreshing in my opinion.
I've never been too fond of the whole "your my competitor therefore I do not like you" sort of thing.
Personally there is enough "cold, fierce diva drama" on any reality t.v. show, music channel, etc. that at the end of the day...
competitive TENNIS is enough for me

Ain't no SUNSHINE when she's gone
Bonfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM   #80
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPRIATI420 View Post
Imagine traveling the world over throughout the entire season with this awkward aura. Only her team to talk too.
CoughMariaCoughCoughSharapovaCough

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 12:12 PM   #81
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Read that in GM and thought it was overall pretty silly as well.
So happy for Caro that she allows herself to have friends and speak to other players. The idea of her walking into a locker room and all other players just cowering away without daring to approach her just sounds sad and cold.
Don't get me wrong...I grew up in the era of Hingis, Capriati, and Williams Sisters drama and I loved it. But this new generation of "nice" is quite refreshing in my opinion.
I've never been too fond of the whole "your my competitor therefore I do not like you" sort of thing.
Personally there is enough "cold, fierce diva drama" on any reality t.v. show, music channel, etc. that at the end of the day...
competitive TENNIS is enough for me
Players who would rather punch each other on the nose than shake each other's hand....it had something, but looking back now it was also a bit silly. Besides, that attitude has now been brought to a whole new level of excellence by players' fans on General Morons.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #82
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
So after losing seven matches in a row (now eight) Vera still hasn't figured that out? Can't she just take the balls early?
It's probably not that easy. Even Federer has never really figured out what to do with Nadal's topspin balls to his backhand. I too am a bit disappointed for Vera though.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #83
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Players who would rather punch each other on the nose than shake each other's hand....it had something, but looking back now it was also a bit silly. Besides, that attitude has now been brought to a whole new level of excellence by players' fans on General Morons.
exactly and that's the thing really...it was alot more interesting when it was just the player's themselves playing "the game" but now with (G Morons)
attitude/drama has been taken to a pathetic level that makes me sort of hate it.(and sometimes go there and make fun of it at the same time)

Last edited by Bonfire : Sep 9th, 2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #84
country flag Bonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
CoughMariaCoughCoughSharapovaCough

I always could sort of sense that with Maria. Aside from the grunting that aggravates me, her "distant, cold" demeanor was a main reason I could never really get into liking her.

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #85
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's probably not that easy. Even Federer has never really figured out what to do with Nadal's topspin balls to his backhand. I too am a bit disappointed for Vera though.
For certain it is not that easy but still, Vera is a great player and it absolutely baffles me that Stosur has such a hold over her.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #86
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

I always could sort of sense that with Maria. Aside from the grunting that aggravates me, her "distant, cold" demeanor was a main reason I could never really get into liking her.
I'm not a big fan of her game, but I admire her fighting spirit. Often going into one of her matches I want the other girl to win, but she usually wins me over and I start rooting for her because she wants it so much.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM   #87
country flag Bonfire

Quote:
I'm not a big fan of her game, but I admire her fighting spirit. Often going into one of her matches I want the other girl to win, but she usually wins me over and I start rooting for her because she wants it so much.
Yes I agree that her "fighting spirit" is her most admirable quality. Agree also about the game. I've always been a fan of players like Caro, Jen and Kim who can be aggressive if need be but more importantly can play awesome defense, getting alot of balls back and moving around the court with great speed. With Maria...her shots are awesome and penetrating when she is "on" but her lack of defensive skills were always a downer for me. Same story with Davenport. Just hard for me to be excited about watching someone who will almost always lose the point once they are on the run.

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #88
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a pleasant change to have a group of generally calm and respectful fans here in this section. Its not quite the same in all the player sections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffin View Post
Sarin needs to tear that girl a new VAGINA asap..plain and simple. No anaesthetic, just reach down and snatch, the snatch in one quick motion..No Mercy at all...serena better use those blonde tracks to revert back to blonderena, a la 2002...snatch the bitch, plain and simple
As much as I respect most players, some fan groups... well what can you say really. I guess they would mistakenly call me a pussy
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #89
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
It's a pleasant change to have a group of generally calm and respectful fans here in this section. Its not quite the same in all the player sections.

As much as I respect most players, some fan groups... well what can you say really. I guess they would mistakenly call me a pussy
Well, when I say that I think that many posters on TF are mentally disturbed I don't mean it "in a manner of speaking" - I mean it for real. That guy who stabbed Seles probably would have been a poster on TF if it had been around in those days. And some of the posters there are now are insane enough to do something similar if the right buttons are pushed and they would have the opportunity.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Sep 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #90
country flag EnerBC

EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all EnerBC is a name known to all

Dear god :/
This is the first and last time I venture in that section of the board, they are a disgrace to Serena's name(at least the posts after the one you quoted)..
EnerBC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote