Womens Tennis in General - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:04 PM   #766
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm too lazt to look myself but when was the last time that happened in the WTA?
If you mean in a grand slam I think it was Wimbledon 09.
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM   #767
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
If you mean in a grand slam I think it was Wimbledon 09.
USO 2010. Seeds 1-4 (I am fairly certain) in the Semi. Caro Vs Bepa. Kim Vs Venus ..

Edit: 3 out of 4 ain't bad

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Jan 23rd, 2012 at 03:44 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM   #768
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
USO 2010. Seeds 1-4 (I am fairly certain) in the Semi. Caro Vs Bepa. Kim Vs Venus ..
Vera was seed 7 (JJ was 4).
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 04:55 PM   #769
country flag postalblowfish

postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future postalblowfish has a brilliant future

Wozniacki - Errani final?
postalblowfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 05:07 PM   #770
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
There was a USO (ITF event, still) not too long time ago. If memory serves me right. Contrary to #GMlogic and opinion, the top seeds ( surprisingly ) often do well at even WTA events.

PS The was directed at GM, not you, DIAH ..
I probably deserve a every now and then.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 05:26 PM   #771
country flag Jimmie48
In The Lap Of The Gods

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, what a bummer for Sabine..I was really rooting for her and the upset seemed to be possible. Well, maybe a bit much to ask for Serena and Sharapova to both go down in one day..

I'm a bit sad my dream final Caro vs. Serena won't be happening now

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 08:27 PM   #772
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Ana did her best, but as expected at money time she folded like a napkin. One of the strenghts of Petra is that she doesn't dwell on her UE - that's a big difference with Ivanovic. The missed smash was funny. I don't hold the double bounce thing against her. Can happen, that's competition. Anyway, one step closer to the Serena vs Kvitova match everyone wants to see.
One thing with Petra too - her serve got her out of a hole when things got tight. When she was serving to save the 2nd set - the last two points of the game she won was with two very good serves. Caro's serve can get very soft and slow. The serve is surely the thing you can have most control of when things get nervy and is something that can be practiced to make it as routine and repeatable as possible.

I can't just dismiss Petra not owning up to that double bounce like you. It wasn't close like when a player is getting to a drop shot and you are not sure if did they hit it before it bounced a second time.This was like wheelchair tennis where they hit it on the 2nd bounce. And I can't fathom how it would be possible for her not to know. And then shrugging her shoulders when the point was stopped. Lets just say I am extremely disappointed with her conduct and leave it at that. But Chris Bradnam commentating also said surely she should have stopped the point herself and then when the point was stopped - her antics shrugging her shoulders they thhought were pretty ridiculous.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2012, 09:12 PM   #773
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I can't just dismiss Petra not owning up to that double bounce like you. It wasn't close like when a player is getting to a drop shot and you are not sure if did they hit it before it bounced a second time.This was like wheelchair tennis where they hit it on the 2nd bounce. And I can't fathom how it would be possible for her not to know. And then shrugging her shoulders when the point was stopped. Lets just say I am extremely disappointed with her conduct and leave it at that. But Chris Bradnam commentating also said surely she should have stopped the point herself and then when the point was stopped - her antics shrugging her shoulders they thhought were pretty ridiculous.
I don't justify it, but I can understand it happening in the heat of the battle. I think that many (maybe even most) players wouldn't say themselves that the ball bounced twice. To me this is an unfortunate but ultimately trivial incident (if you can call it that).

Thank you LI NA

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Jan 23rd, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #774
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

BFF1 and BFF2 are on court...

1 feinted or other earlier (allegedly) and 2 is heavily strapped on the thigh.

On paper this should be a great warm up match to get up in the mood
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #775
country flag TenNick

TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice

Aga and Vika on court now! Who are you rooting for? I have to go for Caro's polish sister. Go Aga!!
TenNick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #776
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

I have time for both girls, but will cheer for Aga tonight by virtue of her draw and to save my ears.
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #777
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Aga for me too ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #778
country flag Burisleif

So how does one start a 'coup de commentateur' on Eurosport
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:22 AM   #779
country flag Burisleif

Vika going for the DS already..
Old Jan 24th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #780
country flag Burisleif

Second game in a row won on a DS touché Aga.

2-1