Womens Tennis in General - Page 333 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4981
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Vika demolished Venina 6-1 6-1 and advanced to the quarters. This is yet another time that Caro failed to meet her.

I suspect Vika's match against Kuznetsova will be kind of along the lines of what happened with Pervak in Sydney: Caro loses a tight 3 set match while wins fairly comfortably in straight sets.
Well, what does it matter, she would have lost to her, that is almost certain. Kuznetsova - Vika will be an interesting match, maybe Kuz rediscovered her old form.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM   #4982
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe Patrick McEnroe said last night that Vika is a better athlete than Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:33 PM   #4983
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't believe Patrick McEnroe said last night that Vika is a better athlete than Caro.
Not surprising, Caro is quite the opposite of McEnroe, it's quite natural that he would praise someone as dislikable as Vika (at least on court)

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:05 AM   #4984
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Based on what? I think that's nonsense. But both are better athletes than he ever was, that's for sure.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:39 AM   #4985
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Based on what? I think that's nonsense. But both are better athletes than he ever was, that's for sure.
I dunno. Maybe he confused better tennis player with better athlete. I think the better athlete comment was something he said later during the night when they were previewing the Vika/Kuznetsova quarterfinal.

What did you think of Caro's court positioning during her match against Kuznetsova? A key contrast they gave between Caro/Kuznetsova was closeness to the baseline.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:01 AM   #4986
country flag Protoss

Wow. Venus & Serena served for the match twice in the 2nd set against Errani & Vinci but lost the set in a tiebreak 7-1 and lost the 3rd set 7-5 after leading 3-0.

Serena apparently tweaked her ankle a bit again.

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 22nd, 2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:22 AM   #4987
country flag Protoss

Ugh. So tired of all these beatdowns.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 07:31 AM   #4988
country flag Protoss

Lisicki is now working with Caro's former coach Richardo Sanchez.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 08:33 AM   #4989
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I am stretching a bit here to make a connection to Caroline but something Agnieszka was asked jumped out at me a bit:
Quote:
Q. What is your schedule from here on out? You take a little bit of time off and then regroup?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: No, I'm going to go now and practice, to the gym, running.

Q. Today?
AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA: No, I'm just kidding (laughter). No, please.
No, of course I'm going to have few days off definitely. I go home for a little bit. Then the next thing is Fed Cup, Doha, Dubai.
Hasn't Caroline hit the practice courts and/or the gym immediately after some of her big losses?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4990
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

After her loss to Li Na she went out to practice the next day. I suspect that right now she is probably watching beau's run in Dubai.
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM   #4991
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lisicki is now working with Caro's former coach Richardo Sanchez.
Brilliant ... Odds on it lasting for more than 3 month?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 03:12 PM   #4992
marineblue

I wonder if her choice was influced by the AO loss. Anyway, it's going to be an interesting combination. I am no follower of Sabine but from what I saw of her she is sometimes a bit too emotional out there and Sanchez doesn't look like a softie.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:11 AM   #4993
country flag Protoss

Hmmm. Kuznetsova lost 7-5 6-1 after leading 4-1 in the 1st set. She was two points from the 1st set a couple of times.

Kuznetsova also lost 6-3 7-5 to Kerber after beating Caro in Sydney.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 03:54 AM   #4994
country flag Protoss

Hmmm. Serena loses the 2nd set 7-5 after leading 2-0. Serena injured her back midway (back spasms) through the 2nd set.
Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 04:47 AM   #4995
country flag Protoss

Wow. Stephens breaks for 6-4 3rd set at 40-15 after being down a break at 4-3. Serena had break points at 4-4 to serve for the match.

The tournament just got interesting.

Last edited by Protoss : Jan 23rd, 2013 at 06:33 AM.