Womens Tennis in General - Page 325 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:04 PM   #4861
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Another SP survived, TB. I think Vinci has the best BH lob in the world!
Advertisement

Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:17 PM   #4862

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci wins first set 7-6(8) on her 4th SP after surviving two.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM   #4863
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Vinci wins the 1st set tiebreak 10-8. I think Petrova had 2 or 3 set points in the tiebrek. The match is 1 hour 7 minutes.

I can't believe Vinci got away with getting only 36% of her 1st serves in.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:24 PM   #4864
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Weird 1st set stat from the Petrova/Vinci match...Vinci faced a break point in only 1 of her 6 service games despite getting only 36% of her 1st serves in while Petrova faced break points in 3 of her 6 service games with 60% of her 1st serves in.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM   #4865

Vinci saves 4 BPs, 1-1.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM   #4866
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
It's pretty impossible now after Petra's win. Serbia were always huge underdogs though. JJ is way past her best and a huge ask to beat Petra. The one thing JJ had is her huge patriosm and she has that attitude like the Europeans in the Ryder Cup when she plays Fed Cup. But problem now is - Petra has the weapons and is a much better player now and the Fed Cup means everything to her too. She always plays well in Fed Cup.

JJ and Ana both there in their heyday - it could have been different. But Serbia had to get up two groups to get into WG1 first. And then Serbia wasted another 2 years flip flopping down and up groups until they got into WG1 and sorry - but I blame Ana for not making herself available so many times and being so lukewarm about playing back then.

Now this year - Ana has given everything. She played her heart out today. If only a few years back she'd done that ...
I don't really understand why so many people thought that this would be a close contest really. Everything pointed towards the Czechs as the likely winners. They have home advantage, they have the (by far) better doubles team and they have the better singles player. The best bet for the Serbs would have been Ana winning the first rubber and this somehow putting so much pressure on a Kvitova who is under the weather that she would implode against Jelena as a result of which the Serbs would get a 2-0 lead. Not an entirely impossible scenario, but going into it the Serbs needed a lot to go their way to win it.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:36 PM   #4867

First break of the match, 3-1 Petrova.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:41 PM   #4868
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
It's pretty impossible now after Petra's win. Serbia were always huge underdogs though. JJ is way past her best and a huge ask to beat Petra. The one thing JJ had is her huge patriosm and she has that attitude like the Europeans in the Ryder Cup when she plays Fed Cup. But problem now is - Petra has the weapons and is a much better player now and the Fed Cup means everything to her too. She always plays well in Fed Cup.

JJ and Ana both there in their heyday - it could have been different. But Serbia had to get up two groups to get into WG1 first. And then Serbia wasted another 2 years flip flopping down and up groups until they got into WG1 and sorry - but I blame Ana for not making herself available so many times and being so lukewarm about playing back then.

Now this year - Ana has given everything. She played her heart out today. If only a few years back she'd done that ...
I think that Serbia will be lucky to get a win here. Czechs are too strong for them to beat. JJ looks like she is done and Ana is playing better but she looks pretty tired from the whole season and physically she looks weak. I think they will give them at least run for their money but Czechs have it in the bag.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4869

6-1 Petrova, a third set it is.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:10 PM   #4870

2-1 Vinci, still on serve as they enter the third hour.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #4871
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Nu sagde han "Bulgarsk vindues visker"

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:22 PM   #4872
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Roby 3-2... near a 3-3...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:30 PM   #4873

Vinci saves two BPs, 4-3 and still on serve. 2h20m played.

Edit: The SB clock is ahead of the court clock, which was probably stopped during the break before set 3.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 07:40 PM   #4874

Petrova breaks to 5-4 and serves for the final.
Old Nov 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM   #4875

Petrova wins 6-7(8), 6-1, 6-4 after more than 2½ hrs. The decisive difference was Vinci going 0/10 on BPs.
Caro - Petrova final at 5 pm CET tomorrow. I'm glad it's NP rather than a second match against Vinci, it should be the two highest ranked players contesting the title. But all things being equal, I consider Caro a pretty big favorite. Not only is she 4-1 H2H, NP has also played matches going the full distance the last three days. That can't help but leave a mark on a 30 yo, however strong she may be.
It's a little odd to wait for a match where Caro should be the better rested! How many times haven't we been worried about Caro's stamina late in a tournament where she has been grinding out one long win after another? Or a new tournament starting soon after a deep run in the previous one? Now for once the shoe is on the other foot!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Nov 3rd, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
C. W. Fields is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote