Womens Tennis in General - Page 322 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #4816
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Sharapova is right. What happened to mini tennis as a tool to promote game in young players? As for Caro I enjoyed The kremlin cup because the surface brought some equality and seemed to make the tactical game more important. Rather than increasing joint tournaments, i wonder if it wouldn't be better for the WTA to focus more on surfaces that suit the women's game better?
I think Sharapova was right also. Individuals have different talent & styles.
Having kids out hitting like an assembly line, hoping one becomes a superstar, doesnt give each individual a chance to develop their unique skill set.

I think what made Caro so great WAS the unusual forehand and defensive style.
I think to be her best, she has to build on that in a way that her skill set is still showing off her unique talents.
Thats what I'm looking at in 2013. Is she using what she does well, and adding to that?
I dont believe breaking down her game & rebuild it is the right thing, unless they rebuild it to use her unique talents

The problem with slow courts, like Moscow & Istanbul (this year) is that so many long rallies wear players down. YEC they're all exhausted
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 28th, 2012, 12:19 PM   #4817
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I have so little in my life. Did you really need to take this tiny "victory" away from me?
You should be happy that your prediction didn't jinx Sharapova at least

But seriously, this was pretty well visible before the match. Vika struggled with the surface all week and looked to be rather tired and mentally drained ever since she arrived, I think she bit of more than she could chew with what Beijing-Linz marathon she did.

Anyways, the match pretty much only determined who will get their ass handed to them by Serena in the final so it's not much of a loss

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #4818
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think Sharapova was right also. Individuals have different talent & styles.
Having kids out hitting like an assembly line, hoping one becomes a superstar, doesnt give each individual a chance to develop their unique skill set.

I think what made Caro so great WAS the unusual forehand and defensive style.
I think to be her best, she has to build on that in a way that her skill set is still showing off her unique talents.
Thats what I'm looking at in 2013. Is she using what she does well, and adding to that?
I dont believe breaking down her game & rebuild it is the right thing, unless they rebuild it to use her unique talents

The problem with slow courts, like Moscow & Istanbul (this year) is that so many long rallies wear players down. YEC they're all exhausted
It seems that this is what happened in 2012. In Moscow she looked more like her self from 2011,2010 period. She wasn't playing too aggressively and was rather waiting for the right moment to attack and also tried to get errors from the opponents.
Had she played more aggressively, I think she wouldn't win the tournament. She'd just commit far too many UEs and hit too few winners. That's what happened in many of her losses this year.

It seems that she's aware of the problem because in one of her matches the commentators mentioned that she said she was trying to hit the ball harder at times but then she often made too many errors.

Hopefully, she'll find the right balance next season. But before that there's still Sofia to win.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #4819
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Kirilenko/Petrova, the last couple to qualify, win the YEC doubles, beating Hravackova/Hradecka 1 & 4 in the final.
Presumably, Makiri and Nadia will arrive in Sofia in a good mood.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #4820

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Bruce, how do you feel about Mexico City as the possible next venue for YEC?
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #4821
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Good start by Sharapova in the final. Keep going.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4822

3 aces, 4-2. When Serena serves like that, your chances are somewhere between minimal and non-existent.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #4823
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

She will probably lose anyway, but at least Maria is playing well.

4-3 Serena
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #4824

6-4 Serena. The last game showed one the biggest differences between Serena and just about every other player. She lost two points on serve on easy errors. For other players that means you're in trouble, for Serena that just means she has to fire off two good serves to even it out. With that serve, you can allow yourself to do things other players can't.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #4825

Again. Masha plays two good points, 0-30. Then Serena fires off two good serves and wins both points on the follow-up.

Masha 12Ws/12UEs
Serena 28Ws/12UEs!
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #4826

4-2. Last game lasted 81 seconds.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM   #4827

5-3. First time in the match Masha made it to deuce.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #4828
country flag Achernar

6-4, 6-3 Williams. Well, at least Maria was somewhat competitive She's just not in the same league.
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4829

Serena wins 6-4, 6-3 in 1h29m. Masha didn't play bad at all, but when Serena has a day when both her serve and her groundstrokes are spot on, she's in a class of her own. 40 Ws/14 UEs, 11 aces/4 DFs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YEC12F.jpg (42.7 KB, 5 views)
Old Oct 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #4830
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achernar View Post
6-4, 6-3 Williams. Well, at least Maria was somewhat competitive She's just not in the same league.
Well, nobody is. But nobody could have tried any harder than Maria and she can be proud of her effort.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote