Womens Tennis in General - Page 315 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM   #4711
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Mh, I'm not sure I follow you here. I can see what you say about Invanovic being skinny but how does that make her look like Julia? She isn't particularly skinny..

Anyways, embarrassing result for Ivanovic, dosen't seem like she'll ever get out of her slump. Julia can really have a crack at the final here if she plays well, wouldn't mind a final with her and Vika

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #4712
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Nicely deflected. I'm sure that now no one will know what I was referring to.

I just watched the last game of the Ivanovic/Flipkens match (which of course Ana lost). Ouch, losing the second set 6-0 to the sixty-sixth ranked player?

Ana was sporting a headband, she kind of looked like Goerges. I realise she has been quite skinny for over a year now but I didn't notice it in her face until today. Maybe it was bad lighting or something else but she looked pretty bad.
I think she looks very skinny. Too skinny to be healthy in fact. Kinda like Hantuchova back in the day.

Great result for Flipper though. That tournament win of a few weeks ago really has done wonders for her self confidence. She's great to watch too. Not the stereotypical ballbasher but a throwback to the seventies really.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #4713
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Mh, I'm not sure I follow you here. I can see what you say about Invanovic being skinny but how does that make her look like Julia? She isn't particularly skinny..

Anyways, embarrassing result for Ivanovic, dosen't seem like she'll ever get out of her slump. Julia can really have a crack at the final here if she plays well, wouldn't mind a final with her and Vika
It was more the type of headband (or whatever you call it) that she was wearing but I do think that their faces are more similar now that Ana is noticeably skinnier. I guess you might call it baby fat but her face was much "chubbier" a few years ago. That is not to say that she was fat, I just think that she used to look much healthier and now she is starting to look too skeletal, even in her face.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #4714
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Heather. One better than Laura 3 weeks ago.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #4715
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm so happy for her, she's such a nice girl and gets way too little credit for what she does compared to Robson.

Great Linz final coming up in 90 minutes as well

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 14th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #4716
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Wow! Some final that was!

Vika dominated until 5-0 in the second when Julia suddenly played amazing tennis to make up four games in a row!

Title #14 for Vika and a very good sign for Julia. If she keeps this level she will make the Top 10.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 12:52 AM   #4717
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

For some reason I don't see Julia getting ever to the top 10.
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 06:05 AM   #4718
country flag Robert77

Robert77 has disabled reputation

Final match Azarenka-Goerges slightly similar to Caro-Clijsters match AO 2012. Caro like Julia yesterday played great in second set, but unfortunately lost.

Picture quality from Linz very bad - it was weak SD upscaled to HD. I'm disappoited but in 2013 Eurosport will not show tennis outside the Slams. Still do not belive it.
Robert77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #4719
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

There will be some other company doing it but I cannot remember the name.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM   #4720
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Ula wins 3 & 1, she'll be Caro's opponent on Wednesday.
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #4721
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

First day at Luxembourg today, I can only advise anyone in the area to go if they have the chance..very nice tournament

It's very much local (to go by TF lingo) though The facilities are rather quirky but it adds to the charm, you can walk everywhere without a ticket (nobody bothers to check), they even let visitors walk up to the players locker area if you look like you belong there

It's nice, feels a bit like a very big ITF tournament but with star players, I'm actually surprised Venus is here since the event is not exactly chic. Speaking of Venus, the end of her match was absolutely mental as half the arena almost trampled themselves to death trying to get her autograph. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen at a tennis match, she is by far the most popular player here.

Sadly Sabine lost her match but at least I got to see her

Highlight of my day was Sori though...she's so beautiful, it's almost absurd. She looks even better in person, just gorgeous.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 16th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #4722
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

.. and all you show is one picture of Sori ... come on, Jimmie. You can do better. Get that telescopic lens on!!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #4723
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
.. and all you show is one picture of Sori ... come on, Jimmie. You can do better. Get that telescopic lens on!!
I actually have lots but neither the nerve nor the time to sort them on my notebook right now. Will do it once I get home on Friday and upload them all

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 17th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #4724

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Now Stosur is sure of finishing #9 in the Race, whatever her result in Moscow. Will that effect her positively because she can play without pressure, or will she be indifferent and sloppy?
Kirilenko is a potential SF opponent for Caro, but she may be more focused on her doubles play this tournament. If she and Petrova make it to the final, they'll be the fourth doubles team for Istanbul.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Oct 17th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #4725

Kirilenko comes from 1-5 down to take first set 7-5.
Venus will be playing Barthel later today. If Venus wins Luxembourg, I wonder if she'll play Sofia? That could be very interesting for Caro, they haven't played since our girl was 17 yo.