Womens Tennis in General - Page 311 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 07:15 AM   #4651
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Bartoli beat Morita 4 & 3 in 2R, so Caro will at least need to beat both Hsieh and (probably) Kerber to pass MB in the race rankings.
Meltzer just won the ATP match on Court 1, so now there's a WTA doubles match before it's Caro's turn.
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:30 PM   #4652
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It's not very helpful when play Vika to have no 1st serve (Lisicki with only about 30% to 35% of 1st serves in ).
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM   #4653
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika's just demoralizingly good... so stable and determined.

Sabine's not even playing bad for her recent standards, Vika's just not her league.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:40 PM   #4654
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It's not very helpful when play Vika to have no 1st serve (Lisicki with only about 30% to 35% of 1st serves in ).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Vika's just demoralizingly good... so stable and determined.

Sabine's not even playing bad for her recent standards, Vika's just not her league.
I'm blaming you guys for Vika losing serve when serving out the set.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM   #4655
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I'm blaming you guys for Vika losing serve when serving out the set.
She had a set point at 5-1 1st set before then.

Vika holds for 6-4 1st set at 40-30 from 40-15. The match is 43 minutes long.

Btw, I like your new avatar.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:48 PM   #4656
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Vika takes the first after a good showing from Sabine.

She's just so frustrating at times, if she would play like that every match she would have a comfortable ranking.

But it seems like this type of play is reserved to Sharapova and Vika once or twice a year.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4657
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
She had a set point at 5-1 1st set before then.

Vika holds for 6-4 1st set at 40-30 from 40-15. The match is 43 minutes long.

Btw, I like your new avatar.
Thanks. I figure I'll just stick with a general tennis theme for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Vika takes the first after a good showing from Sabine.

She's just so frustrating at times, if she would play like that every match she would have a comfortable ranking.

But it seems like this type of play is reserved to Sharapova and Vika once or twice a year.
What you said can be applied to a lot of WTA players: Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 03:51 PM   #4658
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame with the time difference. I see Romanian Hotness is 2nd match up on Diamond .. GO Romanian Hotness GO

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM   #4659

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a bad day for Serbia: Ana lost 4 & 3 to Oprandi and JJ is down a set and a break against CSN: 5-7, 1-3
What a set, 7 breaks in 8 games! 5-3, CSN serving for the match.
And break 8 of the set, 15th overall! 5-4.
And yet another break gives CSN the match: 7-5, 6-4
I must say, I can't recall seeing a match before with 16 breaks in 22 games! Can you? And their serve stats aren't even that bad on the surface: 66% & 64% 1st serves respectively and both 1/3 on aces/DFs.
From being up 5-2 in first set, JJ was broken 8 times in a row!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Oct 3rd, 2012 at 06:55 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:23 AM   #4660
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Come on Sori, slay the dragon

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:43 AM   #4661

Hercog beats Makarova 7-6, 3-6, 7-6 after being down a double break at 2-5 in the decider.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM   #4662
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Looks like a bad day for Serbia: Ana lost 4 & 3 to Oprandi and JJ is down a set and a break against CSN: 5-7, 1-3
What a set, 7 breaks in 8 games! 5-3, CSN serving for the match.
And break 8 of the set, 15th overall! 5-4.
And yet another break gives CSN the match: 7-5, 6-4
I must say, I can't recall seeing a match before with 16 breaks in 22 games! Can you? And their serve stats aren't even that bad on the surface: 66% & 64% 1st serves respectively and both 1/3 on aces/DFs.
From being up 5-2 in first set, JJ was broken 8 times in a row!
I can't think of any match with such a high frequency of breaks for the whole match. I can think of some matches where parts of them were about that frequent in terms of breaks.

Given that both their 1st sere winning %s are under 50% they probably both did little with their 1st serves besides get them in.

Caro got broken 6 times in a row from up 4-2 1st set (the whole rest of the match) against Li at the Australian Open in 2010.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM   #4663

Sharapova wins 2 & 2.
As frustrating as it is to be a Caro fan and wish she'd hit through more often, it must be even more frustrating to be a Sori fan! She has such powerful strokes but makes so many mistakes and doesn't know how to variate her game.
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #4664
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
it must be even more frustrating to be a Sori fan! She has such powerful strokes but makes so many mistakes and doesn't know how to variate her game.
It is strange to see some great shots in one point and the next a completely bizarre error. Case in hand, she got to a BP for leveling at 2 all in 2nd. Sharapova 2nd serve sits right up into Sori's FH .. Nets it though .. sort of middle of the net.

Next point, Sharapova hit a hard body serve. Sori's doesn't try to just get the ball in, but apparently attempts to place is into the DTL corner .. IMHO, Sori lacks good 'shot selection' and of course solidity, but maybe that stems from her poor shot selection?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2012, 09:21 AM   #4665

Fourth break in a row, 5-3. Bartoli serving for the set.
And takes the set 6-3.
Bartoli breaks, 1-0. Goerges has only held serve once so far in this match, to 1-3 first set.
Goerges manages a hold, 1-2.
Goerges re-breaks, 3-3.
Bartoli wins 6-3, 7-6(2). Goerges is like a slightly better version of Sori but she still makes too many errors when going for too much.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Oct 3rd, 2012 at 10:27 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote