Womens Tennis in General - Page 284 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #4246
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

I kind of doubt that Bartoli can get in that crazy zone three days in a row.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 01:06 AM   #4247
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I kind of doubt that Bartoli can get in that crazy zone three days in a row.
If there is one thing that Bartoli is perfectly capable of it's getting in a crazy zone.

Thank you LI NA, we'll never forget you
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #4248
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a little surprised that some of you are rooting against an Azarenka/Sharapova semi-final. True, their matches this year have not been competitive but that has to change sooner or later, doesn't it? Go Maria!

I really want to cheer for Ana tonight but there is no way I am hitching my wagon to that star.

I don't mean to be cruel but does anyone have the slightest interest in Errani vs. Vinci?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #4249
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm a little surprised that some of you are rooting against an Azarenka/Sharapova semi-final. True, their matches this year have not been competitive but that has to change sooner or later, doesn't it? Go Maria!

I really want to cheer for Ana tonight but there is no way I am hitching my wagon to that star.

I don't mean to be cruel but does anyone have the slightest interest in Errani vs. Vinci?
Maybe people think that two shriekers at once is too many.

Their hard court matches in 2010 and 2011 weren't that competitive. In Sharapova's last hard court victory against Vika (2009 Beijing), Vika led 3-1 in the 1st set but lost it 3-6 and led 5-2 3rd set (double break) 30-0) but lost it 5-7.

Given your track record with predictions that's probably a good thing.

I'm not really interested in the Errani/Vinci match except mainly that a Vinci win would put her too close to Caro in the YEC race (roughly 100 points behind). I'd also prefer an Errani win as I'm a bit tired of these late 20s veterans suddenly making very deep runs in slams.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #4250
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well, their match will be a nice contrast to all the ball bashing we'll get in the other matches. And Vinci's all court game is quite attractive. It would be quite something if Ana would get any further, but we all know that she'll panic, that her ball toss will be all over the place and that Serena will destroy her.

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #4251
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, their match will be a nice contrast to all the ball bashing we'll get in the other matches. And Vinci's all court game is quite attractive. It would be quite something if Ana would get any further, but we all know that she'll panic, that her ball toss will be all over the place and that Serena will destroy her.
The Errani/Vinci match is one of the reasons I prefer the "old" WTA. Sure, occasionally you did see those kinds of low profile quarter final matches at the slams but not with the frequency you see them these days. They were both good enough to get that far so well done to them but it just doesn't make for a match that many people are interested in watching. I guess in fairness Radwanska/Kerber (the "best" match that could have happened) wouldn't have been very exciting either.

So, a typical Ivanovic match then.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #4252
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
The Errani/Vinci match is one of the reasons I prefer the "old" WTA. Sure, occasionally you did see those kinds of low profile quarter final matches at the slams but not with the frequency you see them these days. They were both good enough to get that far so well done to them but it just doesn't make for a match that many people are interested in watching. I guess in fairness Radwanska/Kerber (the "best" match that could have happened) wouldn't have been very exciting either.
I don't know. Radwanska vs Kerber would have sounded pretty good to me and 'logical' after the last twelve months those two have had.

Old Sep 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #4253
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit annoying that Errani or Vinci will have a hard court slam semi on their resume when Flavia, who I'd say was a lot better hard court player prior to injuries, never got to one.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #4254
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm torn on the Bartoli - Sharapova match.

Sharapova losing to her would of course be funny but I kind of want that Vika - Sharapova SF.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #4255
country flag Protoss

Bartoli holds for 6-3 1st set at 40-15 on a 2nd serve. Bartoli led 4-0 and had a set point at 5-2 40-30.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #4256
country flag Protoss

Sharapova broken for 0-1 2nd set at 30-40 from 15-40 on a double fault, her 3rd of the game.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 05:42 PM   #4257
country flag Protoss

Bartoli broken for 1-1 2nd set at love on a double fault, her 2nd of the game.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #4258
country flag Protoss

Errani holds for 6-2 1st set.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #4259
country flag Protoss

Sharapova holds for 6-3 2nd set at love on an ace. Bartoli was broken at 3-4 2nd set.

I think that 1-0 2nd set game may be the turning point of the match.
Old Sep 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #4260
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Sharapova wins the 2nd set, I think this is as far as Bartoli is going to go.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter