Womens Tennis in General - Page 280 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:30 PM   #4186
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Aga broken for 6-1 1st set at 15-40.

Getting destroyed by someone you own (Aga was 4-0 against Vinci coming into this match).
Protoss is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 08:31 PM   #4187
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Radwanska is ranked way too high anyways, she dosen't belong in the Vika/Sharapova/Serena/Kvitova group if you ask me.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:09 PM   #4188
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

And down goes Radwanska!

Reminds me of Kvitova early this year, had a chance to go for the #1, failed and went into a slump.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:10 PM   #4189
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. Such a horrible day of tennis for me. Aga broken for 6-4 2nd set at 30-40 from 15-40.

I think these slow courts/conditions may have a lot of impact on these results.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #4190
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Radwanska is ranked way too high anyways, she dosen't belong in the Vika/Sharapova/Serena/Kvitova group if you ask me.
No, she's not. They don't give those points for nothing, you have to earn them. That doesn't mean that her best is as good as the best of those four, but the rankings are about consistency, not about peak performance. And Aga has been consistent. Yours is sorta the same argument that the anti-Caro brigade used when she was on top.

But on the evidence of this and other recent performances Aga is tired and that shoulder injury probably bugs her as well. She really should take a break until the YEC, but she won't since she's got all those points to defend on the Asian swing.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:28 PM   #4191
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
No, she's not. They don't give those points for nothing, you have to earn them. That doesn't mean that her best is as good as the best of those four, but the rankings are about consistency, not about peak performance. And Aga has been consistent. Yours is sorta the same argument that the anti-Caro brigade used when she was on top.
Okay, let me rephrase that: I think she's been overachieving this year.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 09:32 PM   #4192
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Okay, let me rephrase that: I think she's been overachieving this year.
That's possibly true, yes. I doubt if she'll be able to back this year up with a similarly succcessful one in 2013, but we'll see.

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #4193
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I didn't realise that Azarenka had such a dominant head to head with Stosur. 6-0 with none of the matches going to three sets and only one of them being competitive (Los Angeles, 2008 6-4 7-6[4]). In their other five matches Azarenka won sixty games and Stosur won fourteen. I was hoping for a competitive match today but given their previous meetings that seems unlikely. Still, Sam did finally defeat Maria at the YEC last year so she could give Vika a tough match.

Bartoli/Sharapova...eh, I really wanted to see Petra and Maria, I don't think this match will be very good.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #4194
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Well, Sharapova was "injured" at the YEC and didn't play very motivated at all.

The only thing that makes me a little worried going into this match is that nobody would have expected Stosur to beat Serena either. But still, I firmly believe Vika has this covered...the only player she's possibly losing to this week is Serena, I don't see anybody else giving her trouble.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #4195
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was a different surface (clay) but Maria did win the last match she played against Viktoria. I'm a little puzzled as to why so many of their matches were so one-sided (in favour of Azarenka). They both have the reputation for being great returners, shouldn't Maria be much more capable of attacking Viktoria's serve? We all know what my predictions are worth but I think we are overdue to see a competitive, three set match between these two, assuming they both win today.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #4196
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yes, it was a different surface (clay) but Maria did win the last match she played against Viktoria. I'm a little puzzled as to why so many of their matches were so one-sided (in favour of Azarenka). They both have the reputation for being great returners, shouldn't Maria be much more capable of attacking Viktoria's serve? We all know what my predictions are worth but I think we are overdue to see a competitive, three set match between these two, assuming they both win today.
Yeah, in all five (completed) matches they played since 2010 one has always completely destroyed the other. Four out of five times Vika kicked Masha's butt, but even the one that Maria won was very one sided. Very strange and very hard to explain because one would think that these two are very close in level, even in stroke vs stroke comparisons. Both have decent though not overwhelming serves, both return very well, both have solid but not killer forehands, both have great double handed backhands, Vika's movement is better but Maria has improved hers a lot, neither one of them lacks self confidence.......one would think that their matches are bound to be very close.

Old Sep 4th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #4197
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Well, Sharapova was "injured" at the YEC and didn't play very motivated at all.

The only thing that makes me a little worried going into this match is that nobody would have expected Stosur to beat Serena either. But still, I firmly believe Vika has this covered...the only player she's possibly losing to this week is Serena, I don't see anybody else giving her trouble.
Stosur did have a history of some success against Serena going into last year's US Open final. Stosur had beaten her twice, one of them at a grand slam, and had match points in another match.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #4198
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Stosur looks helpless so far, Vika already a double break up.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #4199
country flag Protoss

Vika up a double break at 3-0 1st set. Rain delay now.
Old Sep 4th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #4200
country flag Protoss

Players back on court.