Womens Tennis in General - Page 279 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #4171
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Kerber loses the 1st set tiebreak 7-5 on a double fault.

Anyway, I think I've had enough of this clay court match.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:51 PM   #4172
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Yikes, even Angelique's buggest fan Jimmie48 can't be happy with how that set ended. I just don't get how Errani got so far with that serve?
Kerber didn't really attack Errani's serve.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:53 PM   #4173
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

They both have no serve, they`re probably the only players in the Top 10 that make Vika look like a big server.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 06:54 PM   #4174
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Kerber didn't really attack Errani's serve.
Sure but I was speaking in general. I do an awful lot of complaining about how poor Caroline's serve is but Errani's is even worse. How did she get in the top ten with such a weak, attackable serve? Surely players must realise that they could step in a few feet and hit winners off of it?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:02 PM   #4175
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Sure but I was speaking in general. I do an awful lot of complaining about how poor Caroline's serve is but Errani's is even worse. How did she get in the top ten with such a weak, attackable serve? Surely players must realise that they could step in a few feet and hit winners off of it?
Not many players will attack a 1st serve, even a rather weak one.

I think the slowness of Errani's serves may throw off a lot of returners.

She's also a good returner and in the top 5/top 10 of the Wta's return stats.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:24 PM   #4176
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not many players will attack a 1st serve, even a rather weak one.

I think the slowness of Errani's serves may throw off a lot of returners.

She's also a good returner and in the top 5/top 10 of the Wta's return stats.
I guess I am just biased against her. I thought that after the clay season she would have much poorer results.

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:29 PM   #4177
bandabou

bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute bandabou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I've been posting semi-regularly at the SS forum recently. Most posters there are very nice to me. I don't know about GM because I rarely go there these days. It's all just trash talk, insulting players and other posters and trying to score points at the expense of others - all of which I find increasingly boring. But in the past I've also posted at the Serena forum and most posters there were also nice. But I'm not a saint. If Sharapova (or Serena for that matter) displayed that sort of attitude when playing Caroline I would of course find it annoying because I'm a Caro fan. But I realize that they are not out there to make me feel good about them but to win tennis matches, so I would accept it as part of the competition and I wouldn't hold a grudge against them for it.
That's what I'm talking about.
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
17 majors:5255

Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:32 PM   #4178
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Cut, print, awesome!

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:34 PM   #4179
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Cut, print, awesome!
Overconfident Jimmie's Vika gets her butt kicked in the final.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:38 PM   #4180
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

If we assume that it's Serena in the final then this is of course entirely possible, she's very much the underdog in that matchup.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #4181
country flag Protoss

Quote:
I guess I am just biased against her. I thought that after the clay season she would have much poorer results.
It's not like her non-clay results were great though. She beat 1 top 30 player (Bartoli) after the French Open coming into the US Open and lost easily to Venus, Li, and Kvitova on hard court. Shvedova and Venus crushed her on grass.
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:42 PM   #4182
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Very surprised that Angelique mentally sorta lost it at the end. Especially since she's usually the one that comes out on top in close matches.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM   #4183
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Quote:
It's not like her non-clay results were great though. She beat 1 top 30 player (Bartoli) after the French Open coming into the US Open and lost easily to Venus, Li, and Kvitova on hard court. Shvedova and Venus crushed her on grass.
Errani is a good proof that what Caro lacks the most is her mental toughness. You can pull off a limited game if you`re a tough nut to crack, you just can't afford to be weak mentally.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM   #4184
country flag DownInAHole

I'm feeling weak mentally after watching that match.

Old Sep 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM   #4185
country flag Protoss

Here's some serve stats for Errani against Kerber:

average 1st serve speed: 81 miles per hour
average 2nd serve speed: 68 miles per hour

1st serve winning %: 56%
2nd serve winning %: 64%

Errani's 1st serve average speed is about that of an ok 2nd serve and a good 2nd serve averages about 50% winning % for the season. So players should probably treat it like a 2nd serve. Errani's 2nd serve average speed is just plain ridiculous.