Womens Tennis in General - Page 229 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #3421
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quite some big name casualties today, first Li and now Stosur.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3422
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Cibulkova also lost. Potentially good news for Caroline as all three of them are ahead of her in the race. If Caroline can get a few wins she can gain some ground.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3423
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Cibulkova also lost. Potentially good news for Caroline as all three of them are ahead of her in the race. If Caroline can get a few wins she can gain some ground.
Indeed! And with Na Li and Paszek out, the draw is opening for Caroline. I was especially fearing Na Li. She still have to win her matches, but the draw look easier.

And I'm really happy for Hantuchova She needs some wins.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #3424
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

This "upset-atmosphere" makes a bit uneasy though, so many top players seem to have problems coping with the pressure. Let's hope she can win her match...

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 03:57 PM   #3425
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't Stosur one of those who stayed in the Olympic village and would then likely have attended the opening party ... That worked out well for her. Almost as well as for grass goat Paszek.

On another note, if you haven't seen. For use when out and about, there is an official streaming site.

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/london2012/index.html

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #3426
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
This "upset-atmosphere" makes a bit uneasy though, so many top players seem to have problems coping with the pressure. Let's hope she can win her match...
Yes it seems odd, but Stosur is abysmal on grass and Na Li is slumping and extremely inconsistent. On the other hand, Hantuchova has set many great victories in the past two years. So, I guess those upsets were somehow previsibles.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #3427
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Nice turnaround by Petra. I believe at one point she was down 4-1 in the first set but she won it 6-4.

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #3428
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
I actually find the Sharapova and WS fans equally annoying. Perhaps worse are the bandwagoners even though I'm unsure who they`re attached to since they left Kvitova
I don't know what happened to Petra this year. She's always played poorly in North America but I really thought she was going to do much, much better this year. Surely she will do better from August-October this year than she did the last two years? It's kind of spooky how poorly she does over here. She has the game she just needs better consistency, I think a lot of those bandwagoners will be back with her again soon.

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 11:06 PM   #3429
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't know what happened to Petra this year. She's always played poorly in North America but I really thought she was going to do much, much better this year. Surely she will do better from August-October this year than she did the last two years? It's kind of spooky how poorly she does over here. She has the game she just needs better consistency, I think a lot of those bandwagoners will be back with her again soon.
I wouldn't count on her doing anything meaningful on the USO swing. She has that breathing problem with the high humidity and she's very vocal about her dislike of playing in the USA..I think that holds her back mentally.

She also looks like she's lacking fitness a bit lately but that's probably just a side issue. Her big problem is that she excels on the wrong surfaces, grass and HC indoor. There are simply not enough tournaments on those that would allow her to really make an impact on the tour. She's an normal Top 5 player on clay and outdoor HC and that's simply not enough to become #1.

She's one of the favorites for the YEC though, that's just her thing.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #3430
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka just lost 2nd set ...and hmm Lisciki lost 1st to a girl from Tunisia ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #3431
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't count on her doing anything meaningful on the USO swing. She has that breathing problem with the high humidity and she's very vocal about her dislike of playing in the USA..I think that holds her back mentally.

She also looks like she's lacking fitness a bit lately but that's probably just a side issue. Her big problem is that she excels on the wrong surfaces, grass and HC indoor. There are simply not enough tournaments on those that would allow her to really make an impact on the tour. She's an normal Top 5 player on clay and outdoor HC and that's simply not enough to become #1.

She's one of the favorites for the YEC though, that's just her thing.
Well, top five will do, especially if she can add a slam or YEC title to it.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #3432
country flag Jimmie48
Don't stop me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Azarenka just lost 2nd set ...and hmm Lisciki lost 1st to a girl from Tunisia ...
Both pulled through. Vika was serving horribly in the 2nd but recovered, blow off some steam when the umpire was trying to screw her over

Sabine played one of her typical clusterfuck-matches..winning eight games in a row, then losing the next four...the usual stuff.

My Tennis Photo Database
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #3433
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sabine played one of her typical clusterfuck-matches..winning eight games in a row, then losing the next four...the usual stuff.
Sabine is another Kvitova, or even a new Li Na in that she plays like the number 1 for fifteen minutes and then plays like the number 300 for the next twenty.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #3434
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Both pulled through. Vika was serving horribly in the 2nd but recovered, blow off some steam when the umpire was trying to screw her over
Btw, what happened? I only saw the final set.

Caroline Wozniacki

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #3435
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Peng takes set 2, Kvitova in trouble again.