Womens Tennis in General - Page 182 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #2716
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Let's hope not, I rather have Sharrapova or Kvitova win it. Kerber gets more smug by the hour...

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #2717
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Errani has won against Kerber

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #2718
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Yep Errani and Stosur won - that means that the new #7 will be Caroline Wozniacki - also congrats to her :-) Maria can be #1 reaching the final.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #2719
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that´s great. Up the rankings on karma alone . GM trolls wont be happy
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #2720
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Yep Errani and Stosur won - that means that the new #7 will be Caroline Wozniacki - also congrats to her :-) Maria can be #1 reaching the final.
Hmmm maybe I'll take Sharapova as a losing finalist. All the fun I can have branding her a 'another slamless' #1

And a tad ironic, if Caroline after losing so early will move up two places

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #2721
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Hmmm maybe I'll take Sharapova as a losing finalist. All the fun I can have branding her a 'another slamless' #1

And a tad ironic, if Caroline after losing so early will move up two places
How long you think would be a thread about Sharapova losing to one of the underdogs still left in the final? I think 500+ for sure
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #2722
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

I would be kind of pissed if Vika would lose the #1 to Sharapova of all people.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #2723
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I would be kind of pissed if Vika would lose the #1 to Sharapova of all people.
Seriously - I don't understand why people have such a problem with Sharapova. She's not my favorite player either, but she's a fighter and a great competitor. I would much rather have that she wins the FO than one of the girls who so far haven't won a slam. I don't like the idea that in the long run we may end up with a top 10 or top 15 where nearly everyone has won a slam except for Caroline. Sharapova at least has proven herself as a top player for years and has earned herself the right to win the big one again. What has, say, Errani done in comparison? Win a couple of smallish claycourt tournaments. I've got nothing against her and if she ends up winning I can only congratulate her (and I will mean it), but her joining the ranks of slam winners while Caroline with her 18 WTA titles, slam runner-up and semi final achievements and 67 weeks at number one is so much more deserving would be annoying to me.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #2724
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Seriously - I don't understand why people have such a problem with Sharapova. She's not my favorite player either, but she's a fighter and a great competitor. I would much rather have that she wins the FO than one of the girls who so far haven't won a slam. I don't like the idea that in the long run we may end up with a top 10 or top 15 where nearly everyone has won a slam except for Caroline. Sharapova at least has proven herself as a top player for years and has earned herself the right to win the big one again. What has, say, Errani done in comparison? Win a couple of smallish claycourt tournaments. I've got nothing against her and if she ends up winning I can only congratulate her (and I will mean it), but her joining the ranks of slam winners while Caroline with her 18 WTA titles, slam runner-up and semi final achievements and 67 weeks at number one is so much more deserving would be annoying to me.
Sharapova's hype is too much and her scream/screech annoys a lot of people.

A number of recent slam winners have few titles: Stosur has 3, Kvitova has 7, Li has 5, Schiavone has 5.

That would indeed be a pretty frustrating/annoying scenario.

Last edited by Protoss : Jun 5th, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added a couple of comments
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #2725
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Come over to the dark side and join team A.B.E.

I'm kind of glad that anyone has a chance to snag the number one ranking. Of course I didn't mind when Caroline had a huge lead but it was looking like Azarenka was going to cruise through the year as number one and things are much more interesting when others are in the mix.

If you look at what Maria has done over the last year or so she is certainly deserving of number one status. She's probably going to need to go through Kvitova to get to the final so it is not as if her draw was that easy, especially when you look at the other half.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #2726
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
That's the only thing I dislike about Maria, the American broadcast team are pretty biased towards her but that's not her fault. She also has a handful of very annoying fans in GM but you can't blame her for that.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #2727
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace92 View Post
Ya have too keep in Note that Kim Clijsters will be Unseeded where she be place will be hard on anyone and as well as Venus if she not seeded by then, I just hoping Caro can make a QF
Hopefully Wimbledon will go against their usual pattern and seed them. Otherwise, yah it could cause a big mess in the draw.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #2728
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This and I can add for myself : Her unlikable personality and her type of tennis and after joining TF, her stans. But I suppose the first and the latter goes hand in hand.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #2729
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The screaming annoys me too (as does Azarenka's), but not to such a degree that I start rooting against her because of it. The hype - well, it's not totally unjustified in my opinion. And even if it is, hype is what other people create and I don't blame Sharapova for what others say about her. Besides, tennis is a star driven sport and Sharapova is - like it or not - a star.
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #2730
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
That's the only thing I dislike about Maria, the American broadcast team are pretty biased towards her but that's not her fault. She also has a handful of very annoying fans in GM but you can't blame her for that.
Exactly. If I would blame players for what some of their so-called "fans" post at GM I wouldn't like any of them.