Womens Tennis in General - Page 138 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #2056
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Impressive by Serena! But I really don't enjoy this kind of tennis
I enjoy it. She has awesome power, but she can play more conservative if the situation call for it, has the best serve ever, very good returns, great ground strokes, she's decent at the net, she moves well and is mentally tough as nails. She just does everything well and has no obvious weaknesses. Of course she too has her ups and downs, but when she's on I think she awesome to watch even though I prefer the Hingis type of game.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #2057
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
Chrissie-fan must be pretty happy now.
I was, but I ain't now.

Old May 11th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #2058
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I'm glad Vika got the immediate break back *winks* and I got Vika now at 2.2 *grins*

Old May 11th, 2012, 11:23 PM   #2059
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
....when she's on I think she awesome to watch.....
...and unfortunately for Maria she always seems to be on when she plays her. Serena just neutralises Maria's strenghts because everything that Maria does well Serena does even better.

I'm looking forward to the eagerly awaited match between Serena and Azarenka which seems almost inevitable now.

Old May 12th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #2060
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
...and unfortunately for Maria she always seems to be on when she plays her. Serena just neutralises Maria's strenghts because everything that Maria does well Serena does even better.
I've just been checking the results in the evenings and that's about it. But I just knew Maria would lose to Serena. OK - I can't know for certain but I'd have been surprised if she had won. I remember watching their previous match and right from the start Maria was going for broke nearly every shot - and most shots were out and often by a long way. She was awful.

It was like Serena had got in her head and she'd decided beforehand that the only way to beat Serena was to go for broke every shot. There must be a better way than that ridiculously high risk strategy. Might come off once in a blue moon. But it really does seem to be the problem with her game that is what her plan B was then. Whether that's what happened this match I don't know.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : May 12th, 2012 at 12:05 AM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #2061
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Aga loses the 1st set 6-2 in 29 minutes. Can we just put an end to any more of this matchup this year? Ugh.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #2062
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Hradecka giving Stosur a hard time. Caro's Turkish Airlines commercial is still on as a part of commercial breaks
Hradecka was actually down 4-2 3rd to Kudryavtseva in the qualies and now she's playing like a goat.
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #2063
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I've just been checking the results in the evenings and that's about it. But I just knew Maria would lose to Serena. OK - I can't know for certain but I'd have been surprised if she had won. I remember watching their previous match and right from the start Maria was going for broke nearly every shot - and most shots were out and often by a long way. She was awful.

It was like Serena had got in her head and she'd decided beforehand that the only way to beat Serena was to go for broke every shot. There must be a better way than that ridiculously high risk strategy. Might come off once in a blue moon. But it really does seem to be the problem with her game that is what her plan B was then. Whether that's what happened this match I don't know.
Well, when playing Serena Sharapova really has no other choice than to try to get the first strike in because if she doesn't she'll immediately be on the backfoot and Masha is a comparitively poor defender.

Old May 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2064
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

With Agnieszka moving up to number three will that mean that she will now face Azarenka only in finals? 0-6 and this is only May, how many more times can they play each other this year?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #2065
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
With Agnieszka moving up to number three will that mean that she will now face Azarenka only in finals? 0-6 and this is only May, how many more times can they play each other this year?
No, they can still meet in semis. If they were ranked 1 & 2 in the rankings then they could only meet in finals.

They're scheduled to play again in the semis of Rome. I don't want to see this matchup again til Aga makes it a lot more competitive.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #2066
country flag Protoss

Serena wins the 1st set tiebreak 7-5. The match is 57 minutes long.

No breaks of serve in the 1st set.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2067
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Lucie's matches today and yesterday have been almost Karlovic/Isner like with the number of breaks! But that DF at 5-5 TB shows why she's not a top player despite all her weapons.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2068
country flag Protoss

Hradecka plays an even lower percentage game than Kvitova.
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #2069
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Which is why she is ranked where she is.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #2070
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Huh, the second set went by rather quickly.

It will definitely be interesting to see if the "new" Azarenka can defeat Serena, especially in a final. If she does I don't think anyone can legitimately question her worthiness as number one.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote