Womens Tennis in General - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:21 AM   #151
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Yeah, those characters harm the reputation of our fanbase I guess. But every name player has 'fans' like that. I wonder when the first "she's going to win 10 slams plus" Stosur trolls will turn up.
well on MTF Mega DC is a Murray troll
he accuses Djokovic of being lucky this year and says Murray will win the calander slam in 2013
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:24 AM   #152
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Eh, I think it depends on a few factors. Will Sharapova ever solve her problems with her serve? How much longer will Serena play and will she retire before her game starts to decline? Will Maria ever be fortunate enough to be "on" at the same time that Serena is "off?"
Even though Maria is not one of my favorite players...it would be nice to see her win a match against her again at some point. And as we have witnessed today...tennis is unpredictable so yeah, a few factors could come into play in Maria's favor.

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Vandeweghe
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:27 AM   #153
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblue101 View Post
well on MTF Mega DC is a Murray troll
he accuses Djokovic of being lucky this year and says Murray will win the calander slam in 2013

W

Old Sep 12th, 2011, 07:21 AM   #154
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

So did the slower US Open courts help out Stosur this year? She's often struggled with fast courts as she has less time to run around her backhand and less time to setup her forehand.

This was the 1st year since 2004 to have multiple first time slam champions.

Last edited by Protoss : Sep 12th, 2011 at 07:38 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:01 PM   #155
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Even so, I find it all highly entertaining. The 'anything can happen' factor is very exciting. Of course, with the Serena comeback all that goes pretty much out of the window.
Boy, was I wrong about that one.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #156
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy for Sam, well deserved! I actually had a feeling that Stosur will win this! Serena- no comments! Once again very poor behavior from her!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #157
country flag Crockett

Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all Crockett is a name known to all

With Sam as a declared favorite in my signature, I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's final. I tried to share this sentiment with you then, but the forum was in database error mode. No problem, though -- I am still happy for her.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #158
country flag NedRise

NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light NedRise is a glorious beacon of light

Serena has always been so egocentric, so it doesn't surprise me that she felt it was personal when Eva ruled a loss of point. If Serena really felt the ruling was wrong, she should have asked for clarification from the referee, not berate Eva during the changeovers.

On the other hand, Serena did give credit to Stosur for playing really, really well in her post-match press conference. So often with Serena the only reason that she can see why she lost is because she played poorly, not because somebody else played well. I think this goes along with her belief that it doesn't matter if her opponent plays her best, because nobody's best is as good as her normal. Yesterday, she was giving a lot of credit to Stosur, which was nice to see.

Does anybody know what Serena's plans are for the rest of the year -- does she go to Asia? If not, she won't make YEC, so we may not see her again until Australia. Has she said she's just interested in the majors henceforth?
NedRise is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #159
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedRise View Post
Does anybody know what Serena's plans are for the rest of the year -- does she go to Asia? If not, she won't make YEC, so we may not see her again until Australia. Has she said she's just interested in the majors henceforth?
Serena Williams is #11 in the Race, 1,100 points behind #8 Marion Bartoli

Tokyo and Beijing to qualify for the YEC. Suppose its possible, but I wouldnt bet on - personally.

On another note, I've seen the outburst(s) now. Now its marginally perhaps less intimidating and serious than 2009, but speaking against this view is, it wasn't just one outburst. It was repeated outbursts, which maybe even makes it worse?

Let's see what they say, but imho this calls for a fine + ban. I'm sorry, but such behaviour cannot be accepted.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #160
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Really happy for Sam, well deserved! I actually had a feeling that Stosur will win this! Serena- no comments! Once again very poor behavior from her!
Maybe, but in my opinion GM posters are (surprise!) over-reacting to this thing. But they love to kick somebody when the're down, we all know that.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM   #161
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Let's see what they say, but imho this calls for a fine + ban.
Not in my opinion. A fine - maybe. A ban - definitely not. I've seen incidents far worse than this from ATP players.
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 05:10 PM   #162
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedRise View Post
She is listed as entered to play on both the Tokyo and Beijing sites. It seems unlikely but she may want to play Moscow also to try to get her ranking up as high as possible for the Australian Open.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM   #163
country flag Bonfire

Quote:
Not in my opinion. A fine - maybe. A ban - definitely not. I've seen incidents far worse than this from ATP players.
And a "fine" it was. Yeah, I thought a ban would be too much considering that I've never heard of Roddick or McEnroe getting banned form tournaments.

W

Old Sep 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #164
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I very much agree with this article....

http://deadspin.com/5839361/celebrat...traditionalist
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #165
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You were right, Chrissie. $2,000 fine That's barely a slap on the wrist.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote