Report: Half of Gold Badge Umpiring Crew Boycotting USO - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #16
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold
Re: Report: Half of Gold Badge Umpiring Crew Boycotting USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
No one really knows what it is at the other 3 Slams, but the rumor is that this is an insult compared to the others. So take with that what you will.
I hope it is.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #17
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
Of course the USO pays for air tickets, transfers and hotels. Otherwise there would be zero non-American umpires there.

Still, 250 USD is a very bad pay for someone who is supposed to be the best in their field.

I will make an exception for Norm oh Christ, pay him 50.
I know for a fact that at the Australian Open the chair umpires have to get themselves to the venue everyday, so no transfers. I'm sure the US would be the same.

$250 a day is pathetic, take 30% off and it's $175, that isn't worth the time.

I always thought they made a bit, like over $150,000, at least for the top guys/girls
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 01:47 AM   #18
country flag bjurra

bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold bjurra is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii's Law View Post
I know for a fact that at the Australian Open the chair umpires have to get themselves to the venue everyday, so no transfers. I'm sure the US would be the same.
Ok, but Melbourne Park is walking distance from most downtown hotels.

Flushing Meadows is a rather long ride from Manhattan where I assume the best chair umpires are staying. I think there is a shuttle bus for officials from Manhattan. I know there is a shuttle bus for people with credentials from Lexington Avenue every hour. And I have never seen any officials riding the subway to Mets Point.

Line judges and less experienced umpires probably live out in Queens.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #19
country flag Danii's Law

Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of Danii's Law has much to be proud of

Quote:

Flushing Meadows is a rather long ride from Manhattan where I assume the best chair umpires are staying. I think there is a shuttle bus for officials from Manhattan. I know there is a shuttle bus for people with credentials from Lexington Avenue every hour. And I have never seen any officials riding the subway to Mets Point.

That does make sense.
Danii's Law is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 01:53 AM   #20
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, I've only seen ballboys on the LIRR and the 7.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #21
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

everyone is bitching about how it's so low.

WHAT DO THE OTHER SLAMS PAY BITCHESSSS?????!!!!!!!

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:07 AM   #22
country flag Rocketta
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!

Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute Rocketta has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could make $250/day.....

Now I'm always for labor so if this is low for what the US Open pays others then I think they have an argument... if it's up to each slam to set pay rates then they are out of luck and should've done exactly what they did and stayed home if it wasn't worth their time.
Rocketta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:09 AM   #23
country flag Svetlana)))

Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute Svetlana))) has a reputation beyond repute

That's paltry and the USTA better step their cookies up. Stop giving out all these random tv sets in Ashe and pay these top officials better.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:10 AM   #24
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaJa Swan View Post
everyone is bitching about how it's so low.

WHAT DO THE OTHER SLAMS PAY BITCHESSSS?????!!!!!!!
The cost of living in NYC is high

Take that into account

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 07. 2014
Next Update Date: Post 2015 AO
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:14 AM   #25
country flag tennisfan5

tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future tennisfan5 has a brilliant future

i just want to know if Shino has been spotted and what she's being paid
tennisfan5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 05:57 AM   #26
country flag shoparound

shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future shoparound has a brilliant future

Quote:
Of course the USO pays for air tickets, transfers and hotels. Otherwise there would be zero non-American umpires there.

Still, 250 USD is a very bad pay for someone who is supposed to be the best in their field.

I will make an exception for Norm oh Christ, pay him 50.
The USTA doesn't pay for any of that... at least not for any other positions at the US Open (other than players).
That's why you usually see New Yorkers as the majority of the staffs around.
shoparound is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #27
country flag Mynarco
Bra Vibrationer

Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute Mynarco has a reputation beyond repute

250 USD a day? Oh dear.
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 ; Beijing 11 ; Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#10) - Cincinnati 09 (w/Drake1980) ; Auckland+Copenhagen 10 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 11 (w/Richie's) ; Stuttgart+Baku 12 (w/Richie's) ; Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 (w/Frederik)

Mynarco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 11:30 AM   #28
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute timafi has a reputation beyond repute

gawd it is insulting for anyone from security much less ball kids and most of all an umpire to have to do this shit for an Andy Roddick match when he curses and insults them for so less for 3 hours but then again there is a witch hunt again Union Workers of ALL kinds in this country.They are being blamed for the deficit

If they investigate those responsible I bet they'll be Tea Party people who are staunchly against Labors

Sui have a seat kid
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #29
country flag brickhousesupporter

brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute brickhousesupporter has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone actually crunched some numbers? Assuming an on average pay of $250 /day and assuming that they work on average 180 days/year. That is $45,000/year. How many of y'all can claim that you make more than that in a year? This job is not rocket science. You really don't need any special degrees or education. At the end of the day, this is the profession that they chose, and this is what the profession pays. While on tour, they have little to no overhead. They are flown around the world, and put up in some of the best hotels in the world. They really should have no out of pocket expenses. They were well within their rights to stay home if the pay was too little for them.

I do think that the Majors should be of one accord. They should all pay the same amount across the board for the same job. People, please spare a thought for the lines jundges. If you think the chair umpires have it bad, just thing about how much the lines judges get paid. Too me, there job is much harder than the chair umpire.
Old Sep 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #30
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus. View Post
250 USD a day? Oh dear.
There must be something else in it for them surely. Lots of free shit and maybe ATP and WTA pay them something extra?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote