Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8 - Page 59 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #871
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva_ds87 View Post
Let me guess, your mother forced you to have bangs? Mine insisted I look better with bangs and it took me years to convince her I hate bangs, hence all frowning/pouting you can see on my photos. It was a very cloudy day when that photo was taken, so my hair looks darker than it is, normally it's hazelnut/dark blond.
Yeah, I didn't really have a say in the matter until I was about 12, which is when I did the unthinkable and had my bangs chopped off

I didn't really mind the bangs until then, but at 12 I felt it was time for something more mature (sorry Max ), and I haven't looked back since.
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #872
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

^^^

I swear it is just open revolt in this thread since you all realize my mod powers don't work in here.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #873
country flag iva_ds87

iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
"For the mother there is nothing more important than our children, our problems, success and health. Her selfless love for us."

You should strive to be more like Lena, Iva. Your mother only wants what's best for you.

At 8-10 the most serious problem I had was that I hated my bangs and mom wouldn't listen to me. So yeah, in the end she did what's best for me

Oh and I do try to be more like Lena - I grew out my bangs and stopped dying my hair so that I have my natural colour.

NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #874
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Like I said.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #875
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"For the mother there is nothing more important than our children, our problems, success and health. Her selfless love for us."

You should strive to be more like Lena, Iva. Your mother only wants what's best for you.
Quote:
I swear it is just open revolt in this thread since you all realize my mod powers don't work in here.
Who's that quote from? Elena?

Maybe you should bribe us err offer incentives for us to behave.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:50 PM   #876
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

To Max, our fangless (and bangless) dictator!

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #877
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

I got nothing until July.

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #878
country flag Danči Dementia
¡Davai!

Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute Danči Dementia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva_ds87 View Post
Let me guess, your mother forced you to have bangs? Mine insisted I look better with bangs and it took me years to convince her I hate bangs, hence all frowning/pouting you can see on my photos. It was a very cloudy day when that photo was taken, so my hair looks darker than it is, normally it's hazelnut/dark blond.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Yeah, I didn't really have a say in the matter until I was about 12, which is when I did the unthinkable and had my bangs chopped off

I didn't really mind the bangs until then, but at 12 I felt it was time for something more mature (sorry Max ), and I haven't looked back since.
Iva that photo even with the pouting is lovely I think you looked lovely!

I think 90% girls have bangs when they´re little childs. We don´t have a say and well lets face it we were mom´s living dolls, to whom she could dress like she wanted to and make us wear any hair style she wanted to. Heck if I ever have a daughter I´ll do the same.

When I was young I had bangs for a long time, they weren´t that much of a problem for me, actually when I had to do my hair in a ponytail with no bangs (like for formal school events) it scared the hell out of me and didn´t want to do it because i have a huge forehead now its the other way around, some friends have tried to convince me to get bangs and so on, I know hairs grows again but still now it scares the hell out of me to have bansg.

and well Max, if this no good pic, doesn´t proves my appreciation and love for you (even when I must hate you every GP and WC qualification), I don´t know what else will

I shall never be banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makatieva View Post
Iva you look adorable but I don't think is for the bangs (sorry Max)

here's another episode of кухня.

Helen

reading the google traslate Helen cracks me up everytime

Danči Dementia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #879
country flag Hanh Nguyen

Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice Hanh Nguyen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makatieva View Post
This is the interview of the magazine with a little help from "google translate"

Elena Dementieva: "The beauty of a woman is in her eyes"

As the guests for the holiday accommodation we have chosen unanimously as amended Elena Dementieva as the embodiment of femininity and beauty. Especially for you an interview with Olympic champion in tennis.

Nick Ilyin ("BEAUTY & HEALTH"): Even just a half years ago, you are completely owned by tennis (Helen completed a competitive career in the autumn of 2010.. - Ed.). Than it is now filled with your life?

Elena Dementieva: Yes, indeed, until quite recently in my life has been subject only to tennis. Probably the way it should work if you want to achieve something in sport ... I think I did. And his decision to retire, I do not regret it. Now my life is another work, school, my family. I am a student of the Philological Faculty of Moscow State Pedagogical University Department of Journalism. And I like it.

"K & N": You are a columnist for "Soviet Sport" ...

Elena Dementieva: I agreed to be an analyst Grand Slam, held in January in Australia, and wrote for the newspaper "Soviet Sport". Tennis - a sport that I love, which understand, and today's participants and winners of the Australian Open - my good friends, with whom I had recently met on the courts. I found it interesting.
And I'm working on TV NHL, leading the program "Kitchen". Only it's not cooking gear. My mission - to acquaint viewers with the stars of our hockey. And not only with the stars, but just a good and brave guys who have chosen such a dangerous, but very interesting sport. And we have to know so little ..

"B & H": Your husband is a famous hockey player Maxim Afinogenov (Helen married July 16, 2011.. - Ed.). They say that you have left tennis for him. Is this true?

Elena Dementieva: The proportion of truth in this. We met a long time, and my thoughts were about family life. Of course, the sports career for each of us is very important, but wanted more time to be together.

"K & S ': Tell the story of your acquaintance.

Elena Dementieva: I'm not one of those girls who dreamed of a prince. Since childhood I have in the sport, and I just was not up to it. And learn not very fond of. Rarely someone close to fend for themselves. Maxim came out with friends in Paris to look at tennis, "Roland Garros". In my opinion, it was in 2002. There we met. He came all the matches before the finals. I can not say it was love at first sight on my part , but in the stands, I noticed it. (Laughs.)

"K & S ': On the court you have demonstrated an incredible character, showing a hard struggle and sacrifice, but in life give the impression of a sweet and humble girl ...

Elena Dementieva: Of course, sports harden the character, has an iron will, demanding of themselves. Sports at 90% - this character. But I never tried to move the sport in life. Hence, probably, and the impression is formed. Yeah, you know, I'm on the court is not always shown this much rigidity. And just never - aggression. Fight - yes. Always fought to the last. But I have never had a desire once won a crushing score, to finish off an opponent. I felt sorry for him.

"B & H": Tell me about your family. I understand that the most important person for you in life - a mother (Vera S. Dementieva.. - Ed.) ...

Elena Dementieva: Family, in general, the main thing in my life. And my mother - my main man. Of course, I love you and dad, and brother, and they are always ready to support me and help. But my mother - it is much more deeply ... This shoulder vest ... I can say that everything that I achieved in my life, is obliged to her.

"B & H": There are qualities that you would like to borrow from his mother for bringing up your future children?

Elena Dementieva: For the mother there is nothing more important than our children, our problems, success and health. Her selfless love for us. Her desire - always understand, help and forgiveness. In life, she sets out to go to them and relentlessly, demanding the same from us. Hopefully, I can learn from it, raising their future children.

"B & H": How is it that you began to play tennis?

Elena Dementieva: As a child, my mother really wanted to play tennis. Asked the grandmother to write it in the sports section. And our grandmother, far away from sports people, it is a surgeon, took her to the nearest sports club.
And it was the pool! Later, at age 17, my mother she learned to play tennis and played well at the amateur level. But her dream home after all was realized in children.
My brother (he is my senior year), my parents gave to the sport very early. First, for a total of: I - in gymnastics, Seva - in sports. And then tennis. In parallel, we are still studying in special schools, I - in French, and his brother - in mathematics. We practiced with him for a long time in one group. And I think that he was even more talented than me, but definitely not a workaholic. Here's my mom willful decision and took it out of tennis, and I left. After all, sport - it is primarily hard work.

"B & H": When you won the gold at the Olympics in Beijing in 2008, what emotions you are overwhelmed?

Elena Dementieva: As a kid I watched the big tennis tournaments, even could not imagine that I will participate in them. It was a completely different reality.
But the Olympics has always been a special relationship. Participate in the Olympics - the dream of everyone. I do not know why, but I had absolute confidence that I'll be there to play and win.
The first time I got to the Olympics held in Australia in 2000. I am 19 years old, and it was my first season was very successful in professional sports. I have successfully played the strongest series of tournaments and the U.S., arriving in Moscow, just moved over from a plane from New York on a plane to Sydney.
My mother then told at the airport: "Maybe not fly? You're so tired ... "I even took offense:" What do you mean? I'm going for a medal! "It is clear that if I had just started his way in the sport, and no special victories away from me nobody expected. And I won a silver medal! This silver was worth its weight in gold!
In Beijing, I was flying is only for the victory. Planned the entire season with only one goal - to win the Olympics. And of course, happy when it was done. This is the brightest moment in my sporting career and in life!

"B & H": What first taught you sport?

Elena Dementieva: At various stages, I asked my mother the question: "Why did you give me in tennis? I have my children would never have given! "But now I can say that the sport became my school life. Every year I'd better recognize themselves, their capabilities, have learned to endure. Learned to speak a truth.

"K & N": You have these singles. You were never invited to participate in fashion shows?

Elena Dementieva: It is often invited, but I always refused. These are not mine. I like to create the most, but not to fulfill someone else's job. Being a designer, not a model. Being a director, not an actress

"B & H": How do you keep a figure in perfect shape?

Elena Dementieva: It's hard to imagine the motivation of women who are engaged daily in the gym, sitting on a diet, keep a tight rein on themselves. Frankly, I'm not one of those. Just Sports has taught me the proper respect to his body. I still love to play tennis, I love to run, I do not like to sit on the couch watching television.

"B & H": The diets never sat?

Elena Dementieva: No, I'm not fond of diets ever. I think, correct and varied diet - is the foundation of health. And it is good to realize that the food you eat.
Many wonder: only eat vegetables alone, but for some reason, correct? They forget to tell you what a carrot like a mayonnaise sauce

"K & S ': What do you practice the principles of nutrition?

Elena Dementieva: I think the basic principle - a separate power supply. If breakfast is always porridge with raisins and green tea. If lunch meat, with salad instead of potatoes. In my diet a lot of vegetables and fruits.
Again they say: do not eat sweets. Of course, maybe, cakes and pastries are not worth it, but dates, dark chocolate, nuts rule is not necessary

"B & H": What cosmetic procedures you have already tried?

Elena Dementieva: I rarely go to beauty salons. But after the tournament in the scorching sun can not do without wetting the skin.
I think that all kinds of cosmetic procedures are not a panacea, but only one of the components we need in the complex, to look beautiful. We women like self-deception. Each of us is looking for an easier path to perfection. The course of anti-cellulite massage will not cure cellulite. Only a combination of exercise, proper nutrition and cosmetology, you can get the desired effect.

"B & H": Are you for eternal youth or natural?

Elena Dementieva: I'm a natural. And eternal youth may remain in the soul. In general appearance - not the only thing that should interest a woman. It is equally important - to keep an interest in life, the ability to wonder and rejoice.

"K & S ': What do you think of aesthetic medicine?

Elena Dementieva: I'm not very good to know that the best minds and innovations, as well as an enormous funding directed to the improvement now in the field of plastic surgery. Given that there are so many diseases that children are dying. I accept the aesthetic medicine, if there are any defects on the nature or whether they appeared, for example, as a result of the accident - then it is not discussed. A woman's desire to become beautiful by surgery seems to me stupid. But maybe, I do so is seen in my 30 years ...
The beauty of a woman in her eyes happy eyes. For example, you'll be second Claudia Schiffer and Cindy Crawford, but your sad eyes do not hide any surgeon.

"K & N": You have beautiful long hair. For what you could have a haircut or a disguise?

Elena Dementieva: Thank you. I have many times offered to advertise shampoos, hair dyes, but one of the mandatory conditions of the contract was either dye my hair or change her hairstyle. I do not agree. I like the natural color of my hair and do not want anything to change. That's only one time in my life when I was 16, I dyed blue! (Laughs.)

"B & H": How do you decide on this?

Elena Dementieva: I then won the Orange Ball - Junior World Championships in tennis, it was held in Miami. At a press conference American journalists asked me: "What would you do if you win?" I do not really believe in his victory and said: "The hair dye in blue!" She said - I did. (Laughs.) flew home - blue hair, black nails. Can you imagine? Houses were all in shock. We had a short haircut. Here is a unique experiment for 30 years with the appearance I had.

"K & N": You have visited many countries. Where is the most beautiful women?

Elena Dementieva: Can I have an objective answer to this question? (Laughs) Actually it is better to ask men. Women are very different: French - naturally, they have charm, they are intelligent, educated, with a good time, I think. American Beauty - a standard Barbie doll features, be sure to blonde. Russian women - very emotional, they can not be brought under one type.

"B & H": What is the main purpose of women?

Elena Dementieva: Of course, motherhood. For women, greater happiness does not exist! I dream about children.

"B & H": The sign of the zodiac you are Libra. (Maca: the best sign in the zodiac ) In one of the horoscopes I read that Libra is inherent in the aesthetic contemplation of the world. To you it is possible to apply?

Elena Dementieva: Probably, yes. In general, if we talk about the signs of the zodiac, I'm very interested in the family turned out. Mum - The Lion and the Pope - Virgo. I was in the middle.
My mother - a force of energy. Dad - the eternal calm. I always say, never will be meeting with the man under the sign of Virgo. I like energetic people! And my husband and my father were born in one day. (Laughs.) I have been assured, never say "never"! A Libra - is not only contemplation, but also a heightened sense of justice.

"K & N": You are by nature a philosopher?

Elena Dementieva: In each of us is a philosopher. And everyone in life itself comes to many things, about which wrote renowned thinkers

"B & H": Your wishes to our readers in honor of March 8th ...

Elena Dementieva: Russian women, I think Nedodaev love, devotion, understanding ... And they all deserve it! After all, a lot rests on them. Therefore, I wish to finally have a man that can appreciate our women!

I just love her
Thanks so much for posting this!!!!
Hanh Nguyen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #880
country flag Dementinator
Captain of the SS Dementieva

Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute Dementinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I got nothing until July.
God help us in July, this is gonna bite us in the ass big time

Once a Lena fan always a Lena fan
Dementinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #881
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementinator View Post
God help us in July, this is gonna bite us in the ass big time
Yeah, we'll have to wade through a pile of passionate replies to old posts
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #882
country flag deadparrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danči Dementia View Post
I think 90% girls have bangs when they´re little childs. We don´t have a say and well lets face it we were mom´s living dolls, to whom she could dress like she wanted to and make us wear any hair style she wanted to. Heck if I ever have a daughter I´ll do the same.
I'm male so I guess it applies to some guys as well
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 04:53 PM   #883
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Quote:
Iva that photo even with the pouting is lovely I think you looked lovely!

and well Max, if this no good pic, doesn´t proves my appreciation and love for you (even when I must hate you every GP and WC qualification), I don´t know what else will

I shall never be banned!

Helen

reading the google traslate Helen cracks me up everytime
never, ever, ever, ever, ever!

I think you look great. But then you always look great.

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #884
country flag iva_ds87

iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future

Quote:

I shall never be banned!
You look so different on that picture, not just the bangs, but your whole appearance. Maybe it's just the light, but you look white as a Swedish person
And that's a good idea, Max will be revengeful in July, so I suggest all of us find a childhood picture with bangs, maybe that'll appease him. It certainly is much easier that convincing Lena to cut her hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenyaa View Post
To Max, our fangless (and bangless) dictator!
Speaking of fangs, Max, no wonder we don't abide by your moderator power, you're nothing like him

NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #885
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Have I mentioned both my sons still have bangs?

But you're all right. Their mother picked their haircuts until they were old enough to pick their own. I think the older, blond son went bangless for awhile, but younger brunet brother has had bangs most of his life.