Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8 - Page 27 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #391
country flag deadparrot

deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of deadparrot has much to be proud of
Re: Elena Dementieva Fans Club Vol 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
Maybe even more so. I suspect Lena is now the model of chastity and virtue.

Even without bangs.
Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb1961 View Post
I have a feeling Max's photos have never been posted this much in his entire life .......Look at all the publicity he gets now...
That's true. From what we know about Maxim, he's probably not too fond of that aspect of married life with a retired tennis legend. But I'm sure being with Lena makes up for it

I'm amazed how well Elena is settling into the Victoria Beckham-esque "Walking Fashion Statement" role of being a stylish WAG spectator. Maxim still has to work on his David Beckham impression, though

Anyone else notice that Elena no longer seems to be borrowing Mommy Vera's clothes? Maybe Elena is taking advantage of being around fashion conscious people in her TV hostess role. Isn't the dress she's wearing in Makatieva's last caps the same that she wore in her debut Kitchen show? I wonder if those are her own clothes or if the TV station is giving her a new wardrobe of clothes to wear?

Last edited by deadparrot : Nov 10th, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
deadparrot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Nov 10th, 2011, 11:54 AM   #392
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

I hadn't noticed, but you're right, she's kicked her style count up a notch. I suspect she's getting some help from her TV team, but I also suspect this is the first time she's really had the time to think a lot about her appearance. A lot of the women, not just her, seem to have less than great fashion sense, but I think some of that's because the players devote their lives to their sport and really don't have time for other interest. I think there are some other players who have undergone a similar transformation after retiring.

Except, of course, none of them were as gorgeous as Lena. (even without bangs).
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #393
country flag keithb1961

keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold keithb1961 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by miffedmax View Post
I hadn't noticed, but you're right, she's kicked her style count up a notch. I suspect she's getting some help from her TV team, but I also suspect this is the first time she's really had the time to think a lot about her appearance. A lot of the women, not just her, seem to have less than great fashion sense, but I think some of that's because the players devote their lives to their sport and really don't have time for other interest. I think there are some other players who have undergone a similar transformation after retiring.

Except, of course, none of them were as gorgeous as Lena. (even without bangs).
In my experience, its hard for me to imagine any women that dont take the time to worry about their appearance...
keithb1961 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 07:01 PM   #394
country flag Otlichno
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute Otlichno has a reputation beyond repute

There was a new volume of the fanclub and I didn't know!

Maybe I did know but subconsciously I didn't want to remember.
Otlichno is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2011, 10:10 PM   #395
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Probably

That's true. From what we know about Maxim, he's probably not too fond of that aspect of married life with a retired tennis legend. But I'm sure being with Lena makes up for it

I'm amazed how well Elena is settling into the Victoria Beckham-esque "Walking Fashion Statement" role of being a stylish WAG spectator. Maxim still has to work on his David Beckham impression, though

Anyone else notice that Elena no longer seems to be borrowing Mommy Vera's clothes? Maybe Elena is taking advantage of being around fashion conscious people in her TV hostess role. Isn't the dress she's wearing in Makatieva's last caps the same that she wore in her debut Kitchen show? I wonder if those are her own clothes or if the TV station is giving her a new wardrobe of clothes to wear?
yes, it's the same she wore on the tv show (here) but it's not a dress is a top, she wore it with jeans and she looks gorgeous on it everytime she wears it

BTW what happened with today's episode of Kitchen?? stupid KHL Channel on youtube

I sooooooo wanna see Maxim on that tv show I wonder if he'll be on the show someday
Veronika Afinogenova
Future Olympic Champion

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #396
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithb1961 View Post
In my experience, its hard for me to imagine any women that dont take the time to worry about their appearance...
They do, but really being fashionable takes a lot of time and effort, which you probably don't have when you're working out and living out of a suitcase. You only have to look at the player party pics to know some of these women aren't exactly fashionistas. Which is fine, as I admire them as athletes. But it is nice to see Lena looking so lovely. Even bangless.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Old Nov 11th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #397
country flag Alenyaa

Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute Alenyaa has a reputation beyond repute

Lena just AFR. Period.

Jelena Dokic, Tsvetana Pironkova, Caroline Wozniacki
Daniela Hantuchova, Gisela Dulko, Julia Görges

Former Training Accommodation Manager aboard the SS Dementieva
Now discovering New Horizons...
Alenyaa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 06:49 PM   #398
country flag iva_ds87

iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future

More wedding pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1320655&type=1

Lena's parents!

Lena's parents-in-law

NO ONE BUT LENA DEMENTIEVA
iva_ds87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #399
country flag Maca.Lofish

Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future Maca.Lofish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iva_ds87 View Post
More wedding pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1320655&type=1

Lena's parents!

Lena's parents-in-law
OMG Iva!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how you found them???!!!!

BTW I'll change my avi for the first picture
Veronika Afinogenova
Future Olympic Champion

Maca.Lofish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #400
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

These pictures were from Alla's facebook!

Why is Lena so beautiful........sigh.

Now I'm considering to get bangs, but my hair is not cut out (no pun intended) for that kind of style. My middle school yearbook picture

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #401
country flag iva_ds87

iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future iva_ds87 has a brilliant future

My mistake, he's not Lena's father. Just read on wtatour.ru that he's some hockey great.

Quote:

Old Nov 12th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #402
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilee27 View Post
These pictures were from Alla's facebook!

Why is Lena so beautiful........sigh.

Now I'm considering to get bangs, but my hair is not cut out (no pun intended) for that kind of style. My middle school yearbook picture
Try again! There's more than one style of bangs, you don't have to just get "little girl bangs." Yay for bangs! Yay for bangs on Lena!

Quote:
My mistake, he's not Lena's father. Just read on wtatour.ru that he's some hockey great.
We know what Daddy D. looks like! We've seen two, count 'em two pics of him now!

Old Nov 13th, 2011, 02:32 AM   #403
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Depending on the hairstylist, bangs could look great or go horribly wrong....just like Lena's serve.

Does anybody have any idea I can weave in Elena Dementieva references to my high school newspaper? I'm the sports editor, and I want to write an editorial about....something.

Except nobody knows Elena Dementieva, much less tennis at our school. Some girl on the tennis team didn't even know who Novak Djokovic was. And one of the our best players in school history named "Anna" Ivanovic as her favorite player

Only my best friend knows of Lena because they both play with Yonex.

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 04:01 AM   #404
country flag slk45

slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute slk45 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Does anybody have any idea I can weave in Elena Dementieva references to my high school newspaper? I'm the sports editor, and I want to write an editorial about....something.
You could write about perseverance and determination. Try to find Lena's 2004 New Haven 1R match against Claudia Schaul (LUX), which was at the height of Lena's serving woes.

Lena began the match by serving 4 double faults interspersed with 5 lets. After the 4th DF, she asked the ball kid for the ball, and served it perfectly, of course. Broken at love, and Claudia (trying to suppress laughter after the 3rd DF) hadn't had a chance to touch the ball. Down 0-1, the commentators were going berserk about her serve, and it had only begun!

But Lena ignored it all, no reaction whatsoever, just kept on serving. She won the match 6-2,6-2. Beat JJ 1 & 4 in the 2R, and lost to Bovina 1 & 1 in the 3rd.

Now obvious to all: wherever he goes, Obama is the least competent man in the room.

Lena's Official Exclusive Personal Masseur onboard the S.S. Dementieva

LENA - OLYMPIC GOLD BEPA - OLYMPIC BRONZE

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ya-Lena3-2.jpg
slk45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #405
country flag iva_ds87

Quote:
Depending on the hairstylist, bangs could look great or go horribly wrong....just like Lena's serve.

Except nobody knows Elena Dementieva, much less tennis at our school. Some girl on the tennis team didn't even know who Novak Djokovic was. And one of the our best players in school history named "Anna" Ivanovic as her favorite player

Only my best friend knows of Lena because they both play with Yonex.

Hm it's hard when no one cares about tennis. I could think of cool ideas, but in your case, options are pretty limited if you want your article not to be overlooked. The most reader attracting way is to write about beautiful/sexy tennis players/women in sports. slk45 made a good suggestion, you can do an article on determination to overcome difficulties in sports and include Lena and let's say Capriati and I guess there're plenty of examples in hockey/basketball/rugby too.