Bovina's Herd: Elbo hits the Challenger Circuit - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 01:00 PM   #91
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Im not sure ..... she is still in Estoril/Budapest

she will have to find her best form now, we need her to as she may have to play Fed Cup.
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 01:38 PM   #92
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Elena is in a pretty thankless position this week -- she will have a tough time just defending her points from last year's Estoril Final, since Tier 4 points are so much reduced this year.

Elena really has to step up this week, or I hate to see what will happen to her ranking. Maybe she skipped Porto in order to get to Estoril early to prepare intensely??

WIN THIS TITLE, Elena! you can do it!!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2002, 01:15 PM   #93
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

I am brokenhearted that Elena plays another big fave of mine, the wonderful Eleni Daniilidou, today in the first round!

But I have to pull this time for our Elena , who needs this win more desperately! Go out there and do it, Elena! Remember how Estoril suits you??
Old Apr 8th, 2002, 06:18 PM   #94
auntie janie

Elena came from behind to take the first set, and is up a break in the 2nd -- but I don't trust these leads in these Russian girls' hands!

Elena! As the song says: "Keep on doing what you're doing -- don't stop!"
Old Apr 8th, 2002, 07:14 PM   #95
auntie janie

She did it!!!

It took a tiebreaker in the 2nd set to close it out, but Elena came through! I am SO happy for her!
Old Apr 9th, 2002, 11:31 PM   #96
auntie janie

Exclamation

Oh Elena! I am glad you and Zsofia won your doubles match, but 2 1/2 hours on court?? Was that good for you? Will you regret it tomorrow?

I hope not, Elena! Get back to that Estoril final where you belong!
Old Apr 10th, 2002, 07:39 PM   #97
auntie janie

Thumbs up

OH ELENA!!! I am so proud!!! Winning that 3rd-set tiebreak -- surely Elena's confidence-motor has been jump-started now!

Elena's half of the draw does not look so tough -- but can she keep it going? She isn't used to playing match after match any more, unfortunately. Is she mentally and physically prepared to hang tough?

I hope so!
Old Apr 11th, 2002, 01:15 AM   #98
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
I don't mean to rain on your parade, Lady Jane. But I will! Elena B. is not mentally or physically prepared to hang tough, as you call it, match after match. At 6'2" tall and weighing about 160 to 170 pounds, she should be tough enough. But I don't think she is. But I'll glady root for her, anyway. Elena is gorgeous, too! But I think she needs to spend more time in the weight room. Because she really doesn't use her great size to her advantage. And she should. Udachi Elena B!

Last edited by the cat : Apr 12th, 2002 at 07:59 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2002, 03:08 AM   #99
auntie janie

cat, I fear you are probably right; these clay court matches are pretty grueling and Elena is no doubt discovering right now exactly what condition she is in!

But nonetheless I am sure her spirits are high, after pulling out, rather than LOSING, the tough matches. So I hope, since she is so young, that her happy mind can coax her undoubtedly-sore body into a few more wins.
Old Apr 11th, 2002, 03:57 PM   #100
auntie janie

Smile

Happily, today Elena and partner Zsofia managed to advance in straight sets!
Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:41 PM   #101
auntie janie

Thumbs up

As if to show the cat that she means business, Elena has advanced today to the Doubles Final and the Singles Semifinal!

Sure, I am concerned that her doubles match lasted almost 2 hours. But luckily the singles match was not that competitive.

I hope Elena can take it to Serna tomorrow, and return to her spot in the Final where she belongs.
Win the Singles AND Doubles titles, Elena!
Prove the bad cat wrong!!
Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:01 PM   #102
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Janie, Elena is showing me? What are you bringing me into this for? LOL!

It's amazing how much more comfortable she is on slow red clay. Udachi Elena B! Do it for Elena D!
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 10:34 AM   #103
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Elena saved her rank from falling out of top 100, 2nd Russian to do so after Anna in Tokyo.

good luck Elena in semis make the final girl

also Elena will play alot more on clay than she did this time last yr so her rank will go up
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 01:53 PM   #104
auntie janie

Unhappy

I KNEW Serna would be tough!!!

Still, Elena DID have the best week she's had in a LONG time. Thanks Eggy for the ranking news; I knew she had too many points to defend, but it could have been so much worse.

Best of luck in the Doubles final, Elena!
I look forward to following you through the clay court season.
Old Apr 13th, 2002, 05:59 PM   #105
auntie janie

Thumbs up

CONGRATS ELENA AND ZSOFIA on a very authoritative win in the doubles title match! This is Elena's third Doubles title, and all three have come in the past several months, so at least in Doubles, Elena is indeed a Rising Star.