Bovina's Herd: Elbo hits the Challenger Circuit - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:10 PM   #46
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Good luck Elena B!
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:16 PM   #47
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

A good start for Elena in the Qualies. She just has to get over that hump ... I hope this will be the week it ahppens! I hope she has been inspired by Alex Stevenson's success.
Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:34 PM   #48
country flag TheBoiledEgg
Moderator - Challengers & Juniors

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
pretty good win but she should be putting players like Eva Bes away especially indoors much easier

go Elena go, time to get into gear

good luck girl
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
http://www.twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg
TheBoiledEgg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:43 PM   #49
auntie janie

Egg,

I think Elena's confidence must be at rock-bottom right now, so for me, any victory at all is a good one and an important one.

If she starts to LOSE matches like this one, she could become the next Mirjana Lucic!

Good luck in the 2nd rd, Elena! I will always pull for you! Even if Eggy and I are the only ones!
Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:47 PM   #50
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Elena, you can count on me as well
fresh2flash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2002, 12:04 AM   #51
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Me too! Or is it me three? Or me four? Actually, Elena is so good looking and she plays such exciting power tennis, that if she can ever make to top 20, she'll have plenty of fans. I just hope Elena can regain the fine form she had last spring. Where did it go? It also may be time for her to return to Bollettieri's.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2002, 03:17 AM   #52
auntie janie

Smile

That's a great idea, cat.

And thank you and fresh2flash for joining in to support Elena when things are going kind of bad for her.

I am a much happier supporter of the Russians now that I have learned to accept them as great kids, whatever level they are at, instead of constantly expecting too much, as I did last year.

In other words, I am becoming more like Eggy.
Old Feb 4th, 2002, 09:13 AM   #53

TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute TheBoiledEgg has a reputation beyond repute
Janie becoming like me ......

well, Elena won her 2nd qualy match 6-2 6-4 against Stephanie Foretz (FRA)

and today plays Miriam Oremans

good luck Elena got to serve well today
MINELLA LARRIERETsurenkoAlize Lim*El Tabakh*Robson*Cirstea*Juhaszova*Zanevska*Broady*Bouchard*Savic*M irza*Pennetta*Hantuchova*Cibulkova*Ivanovic*Fitzpatrick*Remondina*Domachowska*Flipkens*Hercog*Hofmanova*Schoofs*Cet kovska *Svitolina*Pliskova's*Rus
Old Feb 4th, 2002, 06:50 PM   #54
auntie janie

Now it gets a little bit tougher -- but two wins, that's good! Keep going Elena!
Old Feb 4th, 2002, 10:50 PM   #55

good news

Elena qualified

she bt Oremans

well done Elena and good luck in MD
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:04 PM   #56
auntie janie

Elena did not lose a set in the qualifying- hard to tell if she was having trouble closing out, but she managed, and that's what counts!
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 06:33 PM   #57
country flag fresh2flash

fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of fresh2flash has much to be proud of
Well done Elena B. ! But in the All-Elenas battle my likes will go for Elena D.
fresh2flash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 09:47 PM   #58

bad luck Elena but the way she played, i hope she can carry on next week in antwerp

so keep going Elena and keep fighing
Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:28 PM   #59
auntie janie

A far better showing than we have seen recently from Elena! Keep it going, EB!! (next tournament, & in doubles, that is!)
Old Feb 7th, 2002, 08:14 AM   #60
auntie janie

Question

Ouch! I didn't realize Elena had a MATCH POINT against Elena D, till I read Annafan's in-person report!

It sounded like she played a great match, really. I hope her confidence is rising after this week. Where does she play next? I hope she is playing one of these Tier 3s.