Bovina's Herd: Elbo hits the Challenger Circuit - Page 247 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 26th, 2012, 03:58 PM   #3691
country flag jasonbloom

jasonbloom has disabled reputation
Re: Bovina's Herd: Elbo hits the Challenger Circuit

Lost 6:4 2:6 3:6, another close lost, return is good, serve is too weak, first serve and second serve both
But with these 24 points, she should be surely in USO Quali

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

~~Nicole~~Nastya~~Lena D~~
jasonbloom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #3692
country flag dusb2p

dusb2p is an unknown quantity at this point

Really? to be qualify into US Open?? She's still outside top 200
dusb2p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #3693
country flag jasonbloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusb2p View Post
Really? to be qualify into US Open?? She's still outside top 200
128 compete in Q in UO, not 96 compete like other slams, the cut-off should be around 230, last year it was 242

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #3694
country flag KMo

KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all

Torro-Flor is playing out of her gourd right now (but that was winnable).
KMo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #3695
country flag KMo

KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all KMo is a name known to all

$50.000 Trnava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post

Singles Main Draw

(1)Dinah Pfizenmaier (GER) v (SR)Zuzana Ondraskova (CZE)
Reka-Luca Jani (HUN) v Dia Evtimova (BUL)
Elena Bovina (RUS) v Katarzyna Kawa (POL)
(7)Anastasija Sevastova (LAT) v Indire Akiki (CRO)

Doubles Main Draw

(2)Bovina/Savinykh (RUS/RUS) v (wc)Butkovska/Vajdova (SVK/SVK)
Old Aug 10th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #3696
country flag KMo

Officially on US Open Q list: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=464428
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #3697
country flag KMo

US Open Q Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post

(13)Eva Birnerova (CZE) v Olga Puchkova (RUS)
Gail Brodsky (USA) v Elena Bovina (RUS)
Dia Evtimova (BUL) v (wc)Alexandra Kiick (USA)
Raluca Olaru (ROU) v (29)Yvonne Meusburger (AUT)
Old Aug 20th, 2012, 11:17 PM   #3698
country flag jasonbloom

Good draw, so possible to win one round at least

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 01:15 AM   #3699
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

At least she had no visa issues like Lera S Anyway, loved to see Elena vs. Olga.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:51 PM   #3700
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Anyway, loved to see Elena vs. Olga.
And it will happen, as Elena vanquished Gail, 2 & 1, to win her first qualies match since 2010!

Interestingly, she and Olga have never played each other before.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 05:22 AM   #3701
country flag dusb2p

dusb2p is an unknown quantity at this point

Will she also play doubles?
dusb2p is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 04:23 AM   #3702
Tennis Fool

Not sure
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #3703
Tennis Fool

Elena narrowly lost to Olga, 62 67(5) 46.
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #3704
country flag jasonbloom

She lead 6:2 4:2 and then lose the tiebreak with a df, at least she win one match an gain 40 points. With this points, she will be around top 200, top 150 in the end of the year is still possible

~~JJ~~Dani~~Lena B~~

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #3705
country flag KMo

Yeah, that one hurt but at least she got some good points from the first round which will help her get another shot in Australia.

Tennis Fool's report:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis Fool View Post
Olga Puchkova vs. Elena Bovina
It's too bad that these two had to meet, because each won could have made the main draw playing others. This match was a level ahead of any other women's match I saw. Really could have been a Top 50 match--and you wonder why each is not there. Maybe they'll make there way back.

Both games are similar. Hard servers, hard hitters. However, their responses to play were markedly different.
Elena is quiet and plays within herself. Olga emotes to herself on every lost point, and gives a "Maroney's not impressed" look a lot In fact, it looks like the ump said, "We are no longer playing with tennis balls, please pass out the skunks!"

Also of note, Elena, who is the tallest woman I saw, was extremely fit, with no body fat. You could see each outline of muscles in her body. Olga, on the other hand, is not in the best shape.

However, sadly for Elena, I believe the match came down to stamina. The longer the match went, the more errors she began to produce. She needs to work on that if she wants to get back to the upper echelons of the sport. The question, can she do that at the cusp of 30?

I wondered how these two were able to concentrate. On the court next to them was Francesca Schiavone practicing with grunts (loudest of all grunts I heard), which often sounded like "Fuck Me!" and on the other side of Francesca, the building construction with the jackhammer.