Caroline's Live Scoring Thread 7 - Page 345 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:32 PM   #5161
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread 7

My internet went down completely at the start of the 3rd set. Then it comes back on and I see THIS. It seems she had a great comeback just to blow it in spectacular fashion.

I guess the Internet gods wanted to save me from a lot of frustration here.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 7th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #5162
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh. If only Caro had taken her break points and game points at the beginning of the 2nd set (3 break points at 0-0, 3 game points (40-0) at 0-1). I think she would have won the 2nd set 6-3 or 6-4. Sigh.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 05:41 PM   #5163
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Sigh. If only Caro had taken her break points and game points at the beginning of the 2nd set (3 break points at 0-0, 3 game points (40-0) at 0-1). I think she would have won the 2nd set 6-3 or 6-4. Sigh.
Yep! so many chances wasted I'm more dissapointed about the way she lost, not about the loss itself!
I was pretty sure she'll win the match after that comeback from 1-4 down, when she was leading 6-5 30:00( what a slap in the face )

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #5164
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

I put the scores up at work and looked at it from time to time. I couldn't believe what happened in that 2nd set. My worst fear was she'd got an injury. But she couldn't have come back in the 3rd set if she was injured. This is so disappointing for me to see this result though and I was hoping this weekend to be able to watch her.

The only consolation for me is this is at least better than her being out injured.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #5165
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Yep! so many chances wasted I'm more dissapointed about the way she lost, not about the loss itself!
I was pretty sure she'll win the match after that comeback from 1-4 down, when she was leading 6-5 30:00( what a slap in the face )
I get your point, she absolutely ripped our hearts out after what looked like an amazing comeback, but she did nearly come all the way back after being down 4-1 in that third set. It looked like she was going to lose 3-6 6-0 6-1. Isn't it better that she made that third set competitive? I was gutted that she didn't get the win but it has been a while since she showed this kind of fight in a loss. Maybe I am reaching but it strikes me as a positive sign.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 01:42 AM   #5166
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it was a great fight back, but also there was a lot of moments in the match when she played very casually, particularly on her service games, when she got broken from 40:00, 40:15, 30:00!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 05:56 AM   #5167
country flag TenNick

TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice TenNick is just really nice

Obviously a very disappointing loss in many ways with the bagel in the second set and the fashion in which she didn't close out the match. I do however think Caroline genuinely tried to play agressive but the problem is that even though she smacks the ball harder than usual she's just not committing fully to the shots. Instead of trying to win the point by aiming closer or at the line she more than often chooses to hit it pretty close to the middle of the court which Pennetta obviously had no problem reaching and even countered back to win the point. Caro needs to realize that she needs to get out of her comfort zone and take some risks when the opportunity presents itself in order to win. And, I'm one of those who believe she should've stayed with Babolat since Yonex isn't giving her the pace she used to have.
TenNick is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:45 AM   #5168
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Indeed. So many chances, most of them wasted.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #5169
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
This is just plain bizarre. Last time I saw a Caroline this tired, was the 0-5 ret loss to Wozniak in Tokyo in ... 2009.
Could have Caro have gotten a case of food poisoning? A # of players got it in Beijing and that could explain the fatigue. Or perhaps she got the flu or some kind of sickness? That happened in 2010 and she had to have her 2nd round match pushed back as much as possible. She also got sick in Moscow in 2008 and it was still lingering into Zurich. So she does have something of a history of getting sick this time of year.
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #5170
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, we are over 5,000 posts in this thread. Time for volume eight?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 11:45 PM   #5171
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hmm, we are over 5,000 posts in this thread. Time for volume eight?
Indeed but If and when we open it lets not fill it with pre YEC stuff (hence why we moved conversations to other threads and haven't started V8
Closed Thread