Sharapova looking good for first ever year end #1 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM   #1
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute
Sharapova looking good for first ever year end #1

With her recent win Sharapova now takes over #1 in the race ahead of Wozniacki. She is looking very good to end the year #1 for the first time even if she doesnt win the U.S Open and ends the year slamless (which I think she will, as I fully expect Serena to win the Open). Kvitova and Na are too inconsistent to come from behind and pass Maria most likely. Wozniacki is definitely not going to outperform Maria the remainder of the year. Serena simply wont have enough time to get to year end #1 even if she wins every remaining event she enters.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:05 PM   #2
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharapova looking good for first ever year end #1

If she does well in New York she will most probably will...but I'm not excluding Azarenka and her steady grinding game yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:07 PM   #3
country flag Sam.

Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of Sam. has much to be proud of

Probably when we see the level of the other "top" players right now

Townsend, Giorgi, Diyas, Pereira
Serena, Venus, Schiavone, Date
Koukalova, Safarova, Peng, Mattek
Li, Shvedova, Cetkovska, Pavs
Sam. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM   #4
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Azarenka is over 1000 points back. That is alot of points, more than the value of a top Premier title, and about the difference between a slam champion and slam semifinal. I dont see Azarenka who wont win the U.S Open making that up. Azarenka does play hard every tournament, but so does Maria, and Victoria is more prone to retiring from matches. Azarenka also has trouble beating top players once she meets them in tournaments. Maria has trouble beating Serena, but has a fighting chance vs anyone else.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM   #5
faboozadoo15

faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute faboozadoo15 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't Wozniacki need to win at least 300 pts per tournament to even add to her total?
faboozadoo15 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:10 PM   #6
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!

You would actually write a post like this, after that ugly shit fest that Martha put on yesterday with Jankovic? Ohhhhh K.

We'll be sure to frame those words for you after the Open, or at the end of the year, since you have such clairvoyance (especially regarding Na, Kvitova, Wozniaki, Vika, and the rest of the ladies bunch).

Thanks for the boastful Jinx.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:11 PM   #7
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

please wozniacki save us from that...

Slava Shvedova- Bel Bencic- Alize Lim
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:14 PM   #8
country flag Simugna Help

Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute Simugna Help has a reputation beyond repute

So a "not real #1" replaced by another player who grinds her way into that spot? Yay.
Simugna Help is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:29 PM   #9
country flag Miracle Worker

Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute Miracle Worker has a reputation beyond repute

C'mon Maria

She won't be worse world leader than Wozniacki. At least she doesn't collect points everywhere.
Kimiko Date Krumm, Tomas Berdych, Michail Youzhny, Daniel Brands
Elena Dementieva, Julia Cohen, Anna Chakvetadze
Miracle Worker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:30 PM   #10
country flag NeoZod19

NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all NeoZod19 is a name known to all

Maria is having problem beating Azaranka and for sure Serena. I think Serena is in her head!!!!! Maria needs to take it easy and go with the flow with a new plan. She has nothing to loose coz she is loosing playing as is.
NeoZod19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:39 PM   #11
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoZod19 View Post
Maria is having problem beating Azaranka and for sure Serena. I think Serena is in her head!!!!! Maria needs to take it easy and go with the flow with a new plan. She has nothing to loose coz she is loosing playing as is.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:45 PM   #12
country flag theFutureisNow

theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold theFutureisNow is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by faboozadoo15 View Post
Doesn't Wozniacki need to win at least 300 pts per tournament to even add to her total?
Basically yes.

Except for the US Open, Beijing and YEC, Caro must win 280 points to gain a single ranking point.

Maria is the only top ranked player to still have two zeroes.

For this reason Maria has a lot bigger lead over Wozniacki than just the simple numbers seem to indicate.
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:55 PM   #13
country flag Wiggly

Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute Wiggly has a reputation beyond repute

Even if Sharapova gets to #1 without a Slam, the media won't go for the jugular.

Given the choice between her and Azarenka, the WTA would vote on an unanimous vote for Maria.
It doesn't work that way but still.
Wiggly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 09:56 PM   #14
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSetAndMatch View Post
Serena is in everyone's head but it's definitely true that she is way more in Maria's one. I'm pretty sure it's because of Serena that Maria is going for more on her second serves.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 10:10 PM   #15
pav

pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute pav has a reputation beyond repute

I whip in for a break, and shit! Pre hatch chicken counting is rife!