2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit - Page 9 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 05:39 AM   #121
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

Thank for the report Territory. If Storm can win it will finish off a great day for the Aussie girls.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #122
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Apart from that, I saw Storm Sanders v. Julia Moriarty from afar (Julia with her Irish-colours wristband!). They were both slogging it out and I think Storm may have been just ahead but I'm not sure. Both players looked strong to me.

Also left while Panoho was playing Cannizzaro. I think Panoho won the first and was doing it pretty easy.

I'm already impressed with the standard and these are only the qualifiers! Looking forward to seeing some of the MD matches

Also seen: Nicole Pratt. Also, Sinead Disaya's YouTube video called "The Ultimate Fit Girl" and was made for a Lorna Jane competition: http://youtu.be/MAACL1UAMGM
Barf.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #123
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

thanks for the reports Territory, it's good to know a bit about how the games were being played
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #124
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Nicole Rottman who lost to Hadzic 3 & 3 last week has just qualified for a WTA tournament in Korea

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #125
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Today's report from Darwin:

From an Aussie point of view, there wasn't too much of interest today in the singles...

(q)Mai Minokoshi (JPN) def. (q)Azra Hadzic 7-6 6-3

This wasn't a very exciting match. Both players just slog it out from the backcourt. I think there was about 2 slice shots during the whole match and about 3 volleys. Minokoshi is an excellent retriever, hits very solidly and very consistent. She got so many of Azra's good groundstrokes back. Azra made too many errors by comparison. I can imagine that it'd be very hard to play someone like Minokoshi.

Still, Azra had her chances. Mai started slow and went down 0-3 but then got herself back into it. Azra had 4-2 but then lost the next 3 games. Then it was Azra's turn to get back into it. She broke at 5-5 and served for the set but couldn't serve it out. She lost the tiebreaker easily.

In the second, Azra was frustrated and went down 1-5. She made a little fightback saving 2 MPs at 1-5 and got it back to 3-5 but then lost. I think she needed to be able to change tactics against Mai - start drawing her into the net or start coming in herself. She just couldn't match Mai from the back of the court, especially with her being so consistent.

Bengson/Calderwood def. 3-Bobusic/Bai

I was watching only a few points here and there but every time I did, I saw Stephanie and Tyra playing great doubles and winning some lovely rallies. I also saw Bojana getting pretty frustrated. They weren't on court for long so I assume Tyra and Steph had an easy win. I hope so - they looked great!

1-Rogowska/Dellacqua def. Panoho/Tredoux

I only saw a few points of this too. I assume Liv and Casey won. But I did them make a few errors too and didn't actually look all that impressive.

Other matches that I didn't see any of:

(wc)Tredoux def. (wc)Hoang 1-6 6-4 6-0
Omae def. (wc)Starr 6-2 7-6
And I'm about 70% sure the two seeds in action both got beaten:
Shlomo (ISR) def. 7-Ozgen (TUR)
Litvak (USA) def. 3-South (GBR)
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #126
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Thanks for reports. U cudnt see many matches today? Howd em starr play?
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #127
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutho12 View Post
Thanks for reports. U cudnt see many matches today? Howd em starr play?
He just said he didnt see any of that match...Thanks for the reports anyways its good to see how our younger Aussie players are going.
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #128
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

thanks again for the report

i noticed on the list for the WA super AMT coming up that Sandra Zaniewska, the girl that best Rogowska last week, has an australian flag next to her name. surely thats a mistake unless i've missed something?
http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...D259CF&event=2
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #129
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
thanks again for the report

i noticed on the list for the WA super AMT coming up that Sandra Zaniewska, the girl that best Rogowska last week, has an australian flag next to her name. surely thats a mistake unless i've missed something?
http://tournaments.tennis.com.au/spo...D259CF&event=2
I think you'll find it means very little. This seems to happen in AMTs a lot, something to do with them just not specifying where they are from.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 02:29 AM   #130
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

[4] Casey Dellacqua (WA) def [WC] Ashley Keir ACT 6-0 6-2
[Q] Kai-Lin Zhang (CHN) def Daniella Dominikovic (NSW) 6-1 2-0 ret
[Q] Zhaoxuan Yang (CHN) def Maria-Fernanda Alves (BRA) 6-1 6-2
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 03:34 AM   #131
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Bengson lost in 2
Webley-Smith def. Sanders 6-4 7-6
Olivia won easily
Tammi lost a long 3-setter

Bobusic v. Rajicic, Bai v. Holland and Westbury v. Panoho are all starting now.
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 05:59 AM   #132
country flag Territory

Today's report

Missed most of the morning so missed heaps of matches (I do have a life! )

Juan (TPE) def. 8-Patterson (3 sets)

Only saw the last couple of games. It must have been a long match. Saw Tammi hit the ball hard and spray a few errors. Juan has a single-handed backhand which was lovely to see. Didn't really see enough to comment properly

5-Webley-Smith def. q-Sanders 6-4 7-6

Only saw the end of this match too, so can't really offer much comment. The tiebreak was close and Storm definitely had her chances. She saved a MP at 5-6 in the tiebreak then had her own SPs at 7-6 and 8-7 (I think), but then ended up losing. I think she was pretty disappointed.

Westbury def. wc-Panoho 6-? 6-4

Westbury plays double-handed off both sides. Panoho is pretty tall and plays a nice game but was just a bit too inconsistent from what I saw. Gave away too many free points. She'll probably do okay with a bit more experience. Westbury always looked like she had the upper hand and didn't have to work too hard - she played solidly

Bobusic def. q-Rajicic 6-2 6-2 (or something like that...)

Bojana was pretty strong out there. What I like about her game is her depth of shot. She didn't hit it harder than Viktorija and doesn't have a big serve but her shots kept landing well past the service line whereas Viktorija's, like most girls at her level, often landed at the service line. Viktorija looked pretty uninspired out there. Solid performance by Bojana. I didn't realise how small she is though! Not short necessarily, but not tall and has a slight build.

Holland def. Bai 6-0 6-0 (At least, I think that's what the umpire said...)

Didn't see much of this but looked like there were some long rallies and Bai looked to be retreiving quite well. Holland is about the only girl I've heard grunting this week - nothing too extreme though. Bai didn't look like she was having much fun. Her and Viktorija are probably the least happy looking players I've noticed this week...

Last edited by Territory : Sep 21st, 2011 at 06:40 AM.
Territory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 08:21 AM   #133
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

Izzy
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM   #134
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Poor bai, wats happened? She had potential for a while there. Must b hard doin uni n tennis perhaps
Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 07:11 AM   #135
country flag Territory

Today's reports

Juan (TPE) def. wc-Tredoux 6-2 6-1

This was a pretty miserable match. Rachel didn't seem to have much to offer at all - not even a smile. Considering this is her first ever R2 and she's playing someone who's won an ITF tournament this year, you'd think Tredoux would go into this was a positive, not-expecting-much, attitude. But she didn't play very well and got down on herself. I didn't really see much to write home about in her play aside from a few good serves. Her movement was lacking and her attitude wasn't great. Juan was always going to win and didn't have to do too much. Hopefully this was an off day for Rachel - if this is her usual standard, I don't see a big future ahead

Bobusic def. Webley-Smith 6-1 6-2

This was an awesome match from Bojana. I really like the way she plays. Her backhand is so strong and she hits so many shots consistently deep. She seems to have a good attitude too. Emily was making a lot of errors, which wasn't helped by Bojana's consistently deep hitting. Bojana raced out to 4-0 lead and I think Emily barely won any points on her 2nd serve. The first set was over very quickly. In the first game of the 2nd set, something set Emily off and she smacked her racquet into the ground. Not satisfied, she picked it up again and *smash*, *smash*, *smash*, and it was bye-bye racquet. She got a point penalty for it too (I missed the first violation - not sure what it was for). Bojana held firm and went up 3-1. She saved two break points at 3-1 15-40 and went up 4-1 and held on for a very convincing win. She is so small but plays really nice tennis. Hope she continues to do well

Holland def. Okadaue 6-2 6-3

I didn't see much of this, but noticed that it was quite a long match. I'm surprised the scoreline was so one-sided actually. Must have been a bit of a grind.

Calderwood/Bengson def. 1-Dellacqua/Rogowska ?-? 7-6 11-9

I caught the 2nd set tiebreak and match tiebreak. What a great win for Tyra and Stephanie! Stephanie looked really strong out there - probably the strongest on court. Which is very impressive considering she's the least experienced and lowest ranked. I think she has a lot of potential. Tyra is a good doubles player - nice volleys and good slice makes her quite effective, although her groundstrokes aren't that strong. Casey was drilling the groundstrokes but I saw her hit a few DFs in the tiebreaks which in pretty inexcusable for a former top 10 doubles player. I think I overheard someone saying that she wasn't keen on playing doubles this week though...