2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #106
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

spoke too soon:

Alves (BRA) def. 1-Peers 6-2 7-5
7-Damayanti def. Patterson 2-6 6-3 6-4

Oh dear.

I think Liv's okay - she hasn't withdrawn from Darwin (which I'll be going to next week! )
Advertisement

Old Sep 15th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #107
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Hadzic def. Rottman 6-3 6-3. Top 400 win for Azra

Sally She will be lucky to end the year in the top 250 at this rate.

Jarmila Groth, Anastasia Rodionova, Isabella Holland, Olivia Rogowska

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kim Clijsters, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #108
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

They are all quite erratic, and should not be at this level...c'mon girls...
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #109
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Better results from the later matches:

6-Dellacqua def. Tezuka 6-1 6-2
3-Holland def. Adamczak 6-1 6-3
Bobusic def. 5-Webley-Smith 6-1 7-5

Great scorelines. Great win for Bojana! 4 Aussies in the QF and they all play international opponents tomorrow and all have a decent chance at making the SF
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #110
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

that Monique scoreline was quite disappointing. She can do better than that.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM   #111
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Sally's Nana passed away.

I wouldn't read too much into her result.
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #112
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Tough week for Liv and Sal
Hope they are both right for Darwin!

Bella an even more emphatic scoreline than AO Quallies - not a good sign for Monique.
Solid win for Casy and nice surprises from Azra and Bojana.

Good luck to the girls tomorrow
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #113
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Sal. That's sad, hope she can mourn in peace with her family and then come back strong when she feels the time is right.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #114
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

All the aussie girls lost today but Case, who lost won game! She seems to be dominating, lets hope she gets her rank up heaps.
Ne news on soph ferg & moore??? :/
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #115
country flag sutho12

sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all sutho12 is a name known to all

Case made final losing only one game again! Gud to see this. She plays sandra girl liv pulled out against in rnd 1..
Noone care bout aus pros this yr?! Ha I guess they r lame!!
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #116
country flag Territory

Casey's having an awesome week! Has hardly dropped any games at all! She'll be back in the top 250 from this tournament. Will be great if she gets back in the top 200.

Meanwhile the qualie draw for Darwin is out: http://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/...11/09/WQS2.pdf

I'm going to try and go to Darwin qualies tomorrow. If I do, I'll give a bit of a report
Old Sep 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #117
country flag sutho12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Casey's having an awesome week! Has hardly dropped any games at all! She'll be back in the top 250 from this tournament. Will be great if she gets back in the top 200.

Meanwhile the qualie draw for Darwin is out: http://www.tennis.com.au/wp-content/...11/09/WQS2.pdf

I'm going to try and go to Darwin qualies tomorrow. If I do, I'll give a bit of a report
Cool would be great!
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #118
country flag Territory

Congrats to Casey on winning Cairns! Aussies are 2/2 in the ITFs so far Casey 1, Liv 1

Watched some of the qualifying in Darwin today. It was a typically hot Darwin day and the air thick and humid making the balls play slow. Only a few girls had to play two matches but for those guys, it wouldn't be an easy day. Here's some notes on the matches I saw:

Deeon Mladin lost to [9]Kanami Tsuji (JPN) 6-4 2-6 1-6

Watched a bit of the 3rd set. Deeon was getting frustrated. Seemed to be playing okay but couldn't get the scoreline to go in her favour. Her opponent had a long injury timeout halfway through the 3rd set - might have been cramp or something. Mladin still couldn't turn it around and lost 6-4 2-6 1-6 or something like that.

[1] Azra Hadzic def. Nives Baric

Didn't really see this match but from afar I could see a fit looking girl smacking the ball and winning easily. I guess this was Azra. She looks tall, lean, fit and powerful. Looking forward to watching her play more closely...

[12]Stephanie Bengson def. Tarlina Tipungwuti 6-3 6-?

This was the match I was looking forward to because I like how Bengson's done well to get herself a WTA ranking and at the same Tarlina has had really good results on the AMT circuit this year and got herself from nowhere into the top 100 in Australia. Also, these two played in qualies in Alice Springs a fortnight ago and I think it was a 3-setter.

Bengson is a big girl - not fat, just tall and solid. Probably the biggest girl I saw today. Tarlina is pretty athletic and hits some great shots. The match started well with both holding serve to go 2-2 in the 1st. Then Tarlina got erratic and Stephanie barely hit any errors. She wasn't really going for much. Tarlina hit some really nice winners but lots of errors too. Stephanie played quite dull tennis but got the job done. She broke twice and was serving for the 1st at 5-2, then lost serve to love. Then Tarlina dropped serve again and lost the first 6-3. She seemed to be frustrated after that and her game suffered and she lost the 2nd set easily. Stephanie cranked a few serves so I think she can step up her game from what I saw today.

[4]Viktorija Rajicic def. Kataraina Hunia (NZL) 6-0 6-0

Hunia had already won in the morning against Sinead Disaya. She a solid girl and plays a compact game with (gasp!) a one-handed backhand! But she didn't play too well against Viktorija. Viktorija barely made any errors and has good power. Kataraina just couldn't compete against her and got double-bageled (I think). Felt sorry for her - she didn't look fit enough to be able to handle two matches in the heat in one day.

[3]Julia Moriarty def. Ziyue Sun (CHN) 6-4 6-3

Sun had beaten Emily Hewson earlier in the day. I was surprised to see how small Julia is, but also surprised to see how well she can strike the ball. Her fitness and movement looks good. She was really solid off the ground and her opponent was playing pretty well too. Julia took a close first set 6-4 but then I think fell behind in the 2nd. She had an injury timeout (not sure for what) and I think edged ahead after that. I noticed that she was hitting lots of really solid shots from the back of the court and plenty of winners, but she seemed pretty attached to the back of the court and didn't move forward. I thought that might be her undoing but she kept playing well, went up 4-3 and then won the next two games easily to win 6-4 6-3. I was actually quite impressed with her. After seeing her up and down results over the past few years, I didn't think she'd play as well as she did today.

Other winners in the morning (before I arrived):

Cannizzarro def. Hubacek
Scivetti, Sanders and Tyra Calderwood won too I think.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #119
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Hubacek lost to Cannizzaro? Really? That's just...I can't

Thanks for the report, Territory.

Congrats to Casey on winning in Cairns. But until she gets back on the main tour and starts winning matches there, I'm not getting excited. She's barely won a singles match since beating Shahar Peer in Brussels, so honestly winning a weak as piss Aussie challenger event doesn't fill me with much excitement. Still, gotta start somewhere I suppose
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 05:23 AM   #120
country flag Territory

Today's report (final round qualies)

Can I just say that Darwin is *hot*. Even at 9am it's pretty disgusting. I do not envy the players.

[1]Azra Hadzic def. Tyra Calderwood 6-3 6-2

There are some things about Tyra's game I really liked. She can hit some good serves and was one of the few girls I saw who could hit a few aces. She comes to the net and volleys nicely. Unfortunately, while she slices well, her topspin groundstrokes aren't strong and don't have much on them. Azra on the other hand, I think is quite powerful. But I don't think she liked not being given any pace. Tyra actually went up 3-1 in the first (I think) but then Azra got it together and won pretty easily. There were a few rallies there where Tyra did nothing but slice - forehand and backhand - and forced a few errors Wasn't enough though. Azra didn't look terribly impressive today but didn't get much from Tyra.

[2]Minikoshi (JPN) v. Karis Ryan

I don't actually know who won this, but I'm guessing Minikoshi. Ryan looked like she was playing well though and matched Minikoshi's power groundstrokes. Quietly impressed.

[4]Viktorija Rajicic def. [11]Dani Scivetti 6-0 6-3

Easy scoreline but it was reasonably close. Viktorija didn't look terribly impressive and was a bit moody today. There were a lot of close games and I thought Dani played pretty well. She is fairly powerful and has a very nice down the line backhand. In the 2nd set, I think Dani was up 3-2. She was serving at 3-3 Deuce when she got hit mid-rally with a ball from the next court. So she stopped playing but the umpire didn't see anything except Rajicic hitting a winner off the next shot and didn't call a let. Dani was understandably very annoyed. Viktorija can hit the ball hard but from what I saw today, will need to start playing better.

[12]Stephanie Bengson def. [8]Wing-Yau Venise Chan (HKG) 4-6 6-4 6-4

Oh my god what a marathon! So many long rallies. So many deuce games. And it was sooo bloody hot! Chan just rallied and rallied and rallied and Stephanie had to make all the plays. She dropped serve early in the first and I think Chan served for it at 5-3. Stephanie broke back but unfortunately dropped serve in the next game to lose the set. You could tell she was right in with a chance though.

In the second, I think Stephanie went out to a 4-1 lead. I was really impressed. She handled the long rallies and Chan's consistency well. She can also turn up her 1st serve and hit it really quite hard. She also finished off quite a few points at the net which was great to see. She wobbled and lost serve at 4-1 but still finished of the set. With so many break points/long rallies/deuce games etc they definitely needed their 10min heat break. (In the previous men's match on that court one of the guys kept throwing up because of the heat!)

In the final set, Stephanie got a break and I think was serving at 4-3. She wobbled again and dropped serve, only to break back immediately and close it out. It was a really impressive hard fought win. Well done to her. She looks like a solid versatile and powerful player. Will be interesting to see how she develops.

Apart from that, I saw Storm Sanders v. Julia Moriarty from afar (Julia with her Irish-colours wristband!). They were both slogging it out and I think Storm may have been just ahead but I'm not sure. Both players looked strong to me.

Also left while Panoho was playing Cannizzaro. I think Panoho won the first and was doing it pretty easy.

I'm already impressed with the standard and these are only the qualifiers! Looking forward to seeing some of the MD matches

Also seen: Nicole Pratt. Also, Sinead Disaya's YouTube video called "The Ultimate Fit Girl" and was made for a Lorna Jane competition: http://youtu.be/MAACL1UAMGM

Last edited by Territory : Sep 19th, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
Territory is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote