2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #241
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of
Re: 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

So happy to see Monique doing so well again after all her knee and sternum problems. She really deserves to be successful.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #242
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadz View Post
23 years old, only won 5 matches this year...all of them against unranked players in ITF qualifying.

Manged to qualify in Espearance and Kalgoorie (only needed to win 1 match), lost 3-6 1-6 to Dellacqua and 0-6 6-2 7-6(2) to Webley-Smith.

Thats pretty much it ...so I would say a loss for Sally which she shouldn't be particularly proud of.
Hao Chen is not 23 years old. Not sure where you got that from. She was born in 1994 and is actually a very promising junior for China. She was ranked 12 in juniors, she has wins over Ash Barty, Caroline Garcia, Annika Beck, Heather Watson, Rajicic.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #243
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Hao Chen is not 23 years old. Not sure where you got that from. She was born in 1994 and is actually a very promising junior for China. She was ranked 12 in juniors, she has wins over Ash Barty, Caroline Garcia, Annika Beck, Heather Watson, Rajicic.
I typed in her name is google, and under the link to her WTA page on the google search it said 23 years old. Probably should do more than brief research next time...like click on the link and see that she was born in 1994.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #244
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

It's all good. They were talking about Bibiane Schoofs
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #245
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

WCs for Mt Gambier next week:

Alenka Hubacek
Viki Rajicic
Anneliese Tepper
Dani Scivetti

Go Annaliese!

Ashleigh Barty withdrew

As for this week, it's great to see Mon doing so well again. And very pleased to see Dani D in a QF again. And Boj is a legend - top 300 here we come! (who'd a thunk it?)
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM   #246
country flag Dani12

I'm so glad they gave Anneliese a wildcard. She has worked her butt off in Europe this year, I hope Bianca gets a good draw in qualies too.
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 04:09 PM   #247
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hooray for no midweek ladies getting wildcards next week

Great for Lenks and Dani S but they kind of need to be in qualies and win matches and build confidence a bit more!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 04:34 AM   #248
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

Anneliese! when she loses in the second round of this tournament she'll get 8 points instead of 1 haha

also the Traralgon list is out, still no Letcher, Ferguson or Moore and Mirkovic is on the withdrawal list already, but Casey will be playing. should have a tougher field than the recent tournaments with Sema, Dellacqua, Hsieh and Buyukakcay entered along with the usuals

Last edited by Sam21 : Oct 28th, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
Sam21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #249
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

SF [3] Olivia Rogowska (AUS) d [1] Erika Sema (JPN) 6-3 6-0
SF Bojana Bobusic (AUS) d [2] Isabella Holland (AUS) 6-3 6-3

Go Boj Good to see her having a run, QWC secured for the Aussie Open. Have to go for Liv in the final though.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 07:23 AM   #250
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Looks like an exciting final ahead. Some great form from the Aussie girls. I am worried about that Monique retirement though and I hope that all the hard work has not been ruined by another injury. Any news on that greatly appreciated!
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #251
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Im hoping Mon just faked an injury to get to the Taipei Challenger, wishful thinking but worth a shot...

Go Boj
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #252
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all

i'm a bit worried about Monique too, especially since she's using her protected ranking to play in a $100k+H tournament in asia next week. i really hope she can still play in that.

Bojana definately a QWC at AO, and starting to get close to securing a MDWC in my opinion. the next few $25k's will be very important for her, although at the moment i'd say she's about 5th in the race behind Dellacqua, Rogowska, Holland and Barty.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 10:03 AM   #253
country flag Dani12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyC View Post
i'm a bit worried about Monique too, especially since she's using her protected ranking to play in a $100k+H tournament in asia next week. i really hope she can still play in that.

Bojana definately a QWC at AO, and starting to get close to securing a MDWC in my opinion. the next few $25k's will be very important for her, although at the moment i'd say she's about 5th in the race behind Dellacqua, Rogowska, Holland and Barty.
If she beats Rogowska tomorrow, and/or keeps having solid tournaments...I'd put Sally just above her at the moment. I think it's all about perspective, Sally has only had a poor year because she started the year inside the top 200...if she started the year at Bojana's rank then we'd be saying how good her year has been.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #254
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Plus Boj is a total unknown quantity against Top 100 or Top 150 players. At least Sally has shown she has the potential to win at that level. Seriously, Bojana looks like she'd snap like a twig. I think her mental strength is her main weapon. I fear that top players would wipe her off the court (as Casey did the other week). But regardless, I'm so pleased with how she's doing!
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 11:34 AM   #255
country flag Sam21

i was just going off form really, right now Bojana would probably beat Sally but as you said, Sally would probably be more competitive against a top 100 player. how does Bojana play Territory? i've never seen her play.