2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 22nd, 2011, 08:00 AM   #136
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Re: 2011/12 Aussie ITF circuit

Great result for Boj. Nice report again Terri!
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 07:10 AM   #137
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Quarter-Finals day

Dellacqua def. Ozgen 4-6 6-1 6-2

Didn't see too much of this and don't know what happened in the first set. Casey is definitely a lot stronger off the ground than Ozgen and can smack winners quite easily. I'm guessing she had patches of too many errors because I did see a few come off her racquet. The bits I did see, Casey looked quite dominant which was nice to see. Needs to cut out some errors and DFs though. Nice to see another single-handed backhand with Ozgen though. That makes three I've seen this tournament. It's almost common!

Rogowska def. Juan 6-2 6-4

Didn't see much of this either but Liv looked fit and was hitting the ball strongly. Like Casey, saw her spray a few errors, but I'm guessing by the scoreline, she was pretty much in charge of the match. Liv v. Casey tomorrow should be a good one!

Omae def. Holland 4-6 7-5 6-2 (I think the 3rd set was 6-2)

Disappointing result from Izzy. She went down 0-4 in the first before getting her act together and winning the next 7 games. In the 2nd, games went with serve until 3-3 when both girls kept losing serve. Omae finally served it out at 6-5. Holland hits the ball hard and plays a strong game from the back of the court, but I didn't see much of a B-game from her. So when Omae was playing better than Izzy, Izzy just kept plugging away with her same game. In the 3rd she couldn't turn it around and lost fairly easily in the end.

Bobusic def. Litvak 7-6 6-0

What a great result for Bojana. The first set was a marathon. They played a really really long game which Lena finally held for 2-2 (I think). Bojana then managed to get a break and went up 4-2 but lost it not long after. Bojana held set point on Lena's serve at 5-6 but missed it. Then in the tiebreak, Lena went up 6-4, only to lose it 8-6! Lena was hitting quite a few double faults which I think was her undoing in the end. Lena's forehand is very nice and she cracked a few winners but Bojana was just so composed out there, she never let anything upset her and never let Lena get on top of her. She really does seem like she's got the right temperament to do well. I don't what happened to Lena in the 2nd. Maybe she was over it or her shoulder was injured. She lost the set very easily, winning only 7 points. It wouldn't have been easy to come back after losing such a marathon 1st set where she held 2 SPs. Great win for Bojana.
Old Sep 23rd, 2011, 08:14 AM   #138
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Go Casey
I hope we get to see her in the Top 50 again some day
3 outta 4 ain't bad
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #139
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light

So good to see Olivia recover from last weeks withdrawal!
Shes really stepping up so far, Get that ranking right down to the near 150 mark would be amazing!! and deserved!!

Hope she does well against Casey today!

I see she also has a few week performances from last year (round 1 losses) that she can reallllllly get a rankings boost from if she does well....

fingers crossed for liv!
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #140
country flag brendoboy

brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light brendoboy is a glorious beacon of light

[7] Akiko Omae (JPN) def Bojana Bobusic (WA) 7-6(3) 6-3

One down One to go.... I WISH THEY HAD LIVE SCORES or LIVE STREAM! would of loved to see Olivia v Casey!!!
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 05:49 AM   #141
country flag brendoboy

[4] Casey Dellacqua (WA) def [1] Olivia Rogowska (VIC) 6-4 7-6(4)

Solid game and effort from Liv by the looks of that score..... Good tourny overall! Casey is gonna have a few wins this summer i feel!!
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #142
country flag Chris93

Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold Chris93 is a splendid one to behold

F: (4)Casey Dellacqua (AUS) d. (7)Akiko Omae (JPN) 61 62

Woo go Casey anyone know what her ranking will be now?
Chris93 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #143
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

100 points for 2 weeks work. Not bad.

Ranking should go to about 205-210 or thereabouts.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #144
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Casey on her win in Darwin. Also well done to Bojana for a good week. I've become quite a fan of hers. I like her play. I watched her SF loss to Omae. She got off to a slow start and went down 0-3 and fought hard from then in, but couldn't quite get there. What impresses me about her is her mental strength - when it's close she seems to handle it and step up. At some point in her SF she was down a BP and then hit Ace, winner and 2nd serve ace to hold serve. She was the same in the QF against Litvak - she had a SP, lost it, it went to a tiebreak, was down SPs, but held on to win the set, and not because Lena choked.

On the other hand we have Liv, who has a much bigger game than Bojana and is bigger and stronger. I watched some of her SF against Casey where she lost 4-6 6-7 or something. She was ahead throughout the 2nd set, up a break for most of it, served for it and had a SP and then later on had another SP on Casey's serve but still couldn't win it. Very disappointing. Casey and her both hit it well and hit hard but they are too susceptible to errors and mental weakness.

Still, I had a great week overall and it was great to see all these players close up. I mentioned that Rachel Tredoux looked a bit miserable in her R2 loss. I was pleased to see her at the SFs hanging out with her mum and having a laugh with her - looked like a nice tennis parent/player relationship.

Good luck to the players on the rest of the ITF circuit! Pity only Izzy and Sally are playing in Jakarta this week - it's really not far from Darwin at all...
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #145
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Congrats to Casey on her win in Darwin. Also well done to Bojana for a good week. I've become quite a fan of hers. I like her play. I watched her SF loss to Omae. She got off to a slow start and went down 0-3 and fought hard from then in, but couldn't quite get there. What impresses me about her is her mental strength - when it's close she seems to handle it and step up. At some point in her SF she was down a BP and then hit Ace, winner and 2nd serve ace to hold serve. She was the same in the QF against Litvak - she had a SP, lost it, it went to a tiebreak, was down SPs, but held on to win the set, and not because Lena choked.

On the other hand we have Liv, who has a much bigger game than Bojana and is bigger and stronger. I watched some of her SF against Casey where she lost 4-6 6-7 or something. She was ahead throughout the 2nd set, up a break for most of it, served for it and had a SP and then later on had another SP on Casey's serve but still couldn't win it. Very disappointing. Casey and her both hit it well and hit hard but they are too susceptible to errors and mental weakness.

Still, I had a great week overall and it was great to see all these players close up. I mentioned that Rachel Tredoux looked a bit miserable in her R2 loss. I was pleased to see her at the SFs hanging out with her mum and having a laugh with her - looked like a nice tennis parent/player relationship.

Good luck to the players on the rest of the ITF circuit! Pity only Izzy and Sally are playing in Jakarta this week - it's really not far from Darwin at all...
Boj is a cool chick, thanks for the updates....wish a few more of the girls had headed across to Jakarta too!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #146
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Seems like a few of them are going AWOL for a while. Take a look at the WA Challengers and you wonder why more of them are not trying to pick up relatively easy points.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #147
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah a few are missing from Esperance list, including Holland, Peers, Rogowska.

Moore & Letcher still MIA.

I can understand Holland and Peers skipping it though, as they're in Jakarta this week. Liv might be playing o/s?
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #148
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
I can understand Holland and Peers skipping it though, as they're in Jakarta this week. Liv might be playing o/s?
They have skipped next weeks 25K in Indonesia as well though.

Just realised that next weeks MD cutoff will be somewhere around the 700's. Time for our lower ranked girls to inflate those rankings.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 04:33 AM   #149
country flag TS

Moriarty is in direct.

And Hubacek and Starr are next in with rankings close to 800

Good for them though. Hope they can get in and sneak in a cheap win or two.
Old Sep 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #150
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Moriarty needs to die in a fire.

Just sayin'.