New Haven... or well lets just bring on the USO. - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #61
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New Haven... or well lets just bring on the USO.

Maria holds for 3-6 in the 2nd set tiebreak on a 2nd serve. Save the match points Maria.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2011, 01:58 AM   #62
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Maria breaks for 4-6 in the 2nd set tiebreak. Save the match points Maria.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 01:59 AM   #63
country flag Protoss

Sigh. Li holds for 7-4 in the 2nd set tiebreak. The match was 1 hour 47 minutes long.

Maria led 3-1 1st set and 4-1 2nd set.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 02:01 AM   #64
country flag Protoss

My prediction for Maria's US Open is a couple of long matches against lower ranked players and then choke against a seed.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:43 AM   #65
country flag Luos

Luos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
My prediction for Maria's US Open is a couple of long matches against lower ranked players and then choke against a seed.
I'd take that if it meant we got to see the choke against a seed on a livestream of any description

Stanford's grimy webcam seems so long ago now

Another tough loss but I think it's probably harsh to call this one a choke compared to last week. It doesn't take much to get broken against Na, especially if she plays a couple of great points out of nowhere. Maria broke back to take it into the TB too so she was obviously fighting hard and still in the match mentally at least.

I'm not too disheartened by it. She should have beaten Schiavone and had a good chance to take this match all the way but they were both incredibly close matches against good players who she has poor h2hs against still. Considering where she was after Toronto with the injury and that debacle of a loss I think things could have looked a lot worse with the USO approaching.
Luos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:28 AM   #66
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

No belief I guess. Giving top players good matches but choking leads. Still better than losing to lower ranked players.

I read she was miss hitting a lot of backhands, think that might have something to do with playing at night. After her win over Errani she said she wasn't used to playing at night and that it was difficult to see the ball well.

I agree about not being disheartened by it. She's putting herself in positions to beat top players. I'm sure she's gonna beat one soon. Better then how the year started.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:33 AM   #67
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

fuck fuck fuckity fuck!
excuse my french.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM   #68
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Hi all !

When I saw the score at first I was not surprised or disappointed, 2 closed sets are better than a double bagel slaughter or a heartbreaking 3-sets loss. Then I saw she had a 3-1 lead in first set and 4-1 lead in second

Sleeping was a way better option than following livescore this night

Loss against Schiavone was indeed worse and Maria seems to be in a correct shape before USO, R3 in New York is a very achievable goal. Maybe she will stop choking against seeds there !
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #69
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute

Maria has fallen below Alisa Kleybanova in the ranking.

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #70
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Maria has fallen below Alisa Kleybanova in the ranking.
Well at least she's seeded in USO. But she will probably be unseeded in 2012 AO... In 2010 she wasn't and then she had one of her best year, hopefully 2012 will be her best year !

Where do Alisa's points come from ? I don't remember seeing her play
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 11:00 AM   #71
country flag Nikkiri

Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute Nikkiri has a reputation beyond repute

Well she did fail to defend a SF. Wasn't a very favorable draw. Shit happens. If she can keep improving she will get some good results.
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #72
country flag kirivanovic

kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all kirivanovic is a name known to all

Can't wait to see her draw for the US Open, a bit of luck wouldn't be bad for once.
kirivanovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote