Ana Konjuh - Page 85 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:48 AM   #1261
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
And with a reasonably good chance at the final (plays the winner of Kulichkova and Mertens).
Kulichkova it is (16 yo and already former world #3). Good luck, Ana!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:51 AM   #1262
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough match, but she can do it!
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:51 AM   #1263
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

The title is hers to lose.

JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #1264
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18majors View Post
Sharapova was 14 when she lost in Wimbledon junior final.
Yeah, I checked that. She was 4 months younger than Ana is. I can't believe Ana's is of that potentia. I mean, she is great potenital, but I don't know hom much is that great.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:23 AM   #1265
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana is playing her doubles match right now. She and Zhao lost the first set 46 but came from behind (a break down, I think) in the second to win 76(5).

It might be expecting too much for Ana to make singles SF and doubles final, but here's wishing her/Zhao best of luck in the super TB.

Last edited by networthy : Jan 24th, 2013 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 05:34 AM   #1266
country flag networthy

They won 10-4! Ana is in the double final
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1267
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Ana! Win it all bb
Potapovushina is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #1268
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Really wonderful to follow this year's junior event, congrats Ana!

I'm sure this'll do her a lot of good in the experience department in the year of her gradual transfer onto the pro circuit. Her frequent ups and downs do show she shouldn't rush with the pro events, cause those are typical signs of players still in the "junior mode", but she has plenty of time and can take it all at her own pace.

Her ranking points are getting a nice boost this week as well; her 80 pts from Wimbledon will now be replaced with 120 from here therefore increasing her singles points from 880 to 920. Add to it that one of her 30 pt batches in doubles will be replaced with 120, and we have nice points (from 380/4 to 470/4). In other words, She is safely past the 1000 pts mark In case of a win in both singles and doubles she'd have 1300+(710/4)=1477,5 points. Her eventual ranking will of course depend on how Siniakova does as well, cause she is not defending any major points either (although she has some small points from doubles dropping off). They're both still in the race here in Melbourne, which makes things all that much more exciting, but Ana seems to be in a better position cause she is still in the doubles tournament, while Siniakova lost in R2. Townsend will lose a ton of points for not defending her titles here, so she might easily land around #4 or even 5 after AO.

Last edited by ma re : Jan 24th, 2013 at 08:37 AM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #1269
country flag networthy

CRO is the only country represented in both the boys and girls singles SFs
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #1270
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Ana
A final is almost confirmed as Kulichkova is not good
Borna
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1271
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Really wonderful to follow this year's junior event, congrats Ana!

I'm sure this'll do her a lot of good in the experience department in the year of her gradual transfer onto the pro circuit. Her frequent ups and downs do show she shouldn't rush with the pro events, cause those are typical signs of players still in the "junior mode", but she has plenty of time and can take it all at her own pace.

Her ranking points are getting a nice boost this week as well; her 80 pts from Wimbledon will now be replaced with 120 from here therefore increasing her singles points from 880 to 920. Add to it that one of her 30 pt batches in doubles will be replaced with 120, and we have nice points (from 380/4 to 470/4). In other words, She is safely past the 1000 pts mark In case of a win in both singles and doubles she'd have 1300+(710/4)=1477,5 points. Her eventual ranking will of course depend on how Siniakova does as well, cause she is not defending any major points either (although she has some small points from doubles dropping off). They're both still in the race here in Melbourne, which makes things all that much more exciting, but Ana seems to be in a better position cause she is still in the doubles tournament, while Siniakova lost in R2. Townsend will lose a ton of points for not defending her titles here, so she might easily land around #4 or even 5 after AO.
No, they have a new points distribution for Grand Slams. Singles semi-final is no longer 120 points but 120+60 so it's 180 points. And in doubles it's no longer 120/4 for the runner up but 165/4... So if Ana lose all the matches that she have to play she will be on Monday at 1108.75
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #1272
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
No, they have a new points distribution for Grand Slams. Singles semi-final is no longer 120 points but 120+60 so it's 180 points. And in doubles it's no longer 120/4 for the runner up but 165/4... So if Ana lose all the matches that she have to play she will be on Monday at 1108.75
Where did you find this info? I heard something about it, but it's still not on the ITF page.
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #1273
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Where did you find this info? I heard something about it, but it's still not on the ITF page.
http://cms.itftennis.com/media/136516/136516.pdf

Those are bonus points that are added to old points for Grand Slam. The main difference is that winner will no longer get 500 but 375 points and every player from 1/8 final to the final will get bonus points no longer just a winner. It seems more fair to me
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #1274
country flag ma re

Ah got it, thanks

So now I'm really puzzled about wether Ana will be #1 on Monday or not. I guess it's possible, but Siniakova probably still has a chance. I'm obviously too lazy ATM to do all the numbers all over again...
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #1275
country flag okramb

My mistake I calculated wrong for a bit...

Ana is currently at 1112.5 points if she lose singles and doubles match!!!
Closed Thread