Ana Konjuh - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #106
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Today on HTV2 they will talk about Ana Konjuh in sport show, I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch, or maybe it was already on...
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 15th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #107
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Amazing week for Ana. In one tournament she more than doubled her ranking points. She'll jump ~300 spots in the rankings, to ~470. And next week is another good opportunity to pick up points.

Btw, a Croat--Marko Goles Babic--also won the boys title in Austria.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #108
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Today on HTV2 they will talk about Ana Konjuh in sport show, I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch, or maybe it was already on...
Yeah it was today in the afternoon, but I missed it.
It was her father talking, he said they get huge number of offers, that so many recognize future star in Ana.
He is trying to make her focused only in tennis though, not to think about money or anything else.
That's all friend told me about it.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #109
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Big jump for Ana on junior ranking list.Her new CH is now #472!!!

She is now #6 Croatian junior and the youngest overall.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #110
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Big jump for Ana on junior ranking list.Her new CH is now #472!!!
Huge jump (297 spots)!

Let's also congratulate Adrijana Lekaj. She had a similarly impressive jump this week (in relative terms), from 249 to 158 (91 spots).

Both have good chances to move up to new CH rankings again this week. Ana is playing at the G4 in Germany. The draw is not much stronger than in Austria last week so Ana should do well.

Adrijana is playing at the G1 in Colombia. She should be able to win her first two matches but would then likely run into #57 Lemmens in R3.

Good luck to both!
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #111
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

In the first round of the Tennis-point Hamburg ITF tournament Ana will play against Fiona Ferro from Italy.

Ferro is just 9 months older than Ana and she is #651 on junior ranking list.

They played against each other last year and Ana won that match 6-4 6-3.Good luck!!!
Old Jan 16th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #112
country flag networthy

Don't wanna get ahead of ourselves but if Ana plays like last week, she should be able to reach at least the QF.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #113
country flag okramb

Tennis-point Hamburg ITF 1st round

Ana KONJUH (CRO) defeated Fiona FERRO (FRA) 6-0 6-2

Ana didn't lose a set in 7 matches played this year...
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 07:22 PM   #114
country flag networthy

^ Excellent. Next up is the #7 seed, Lodikova (#414).

Should Ana win she'll move up to ~420. Good luck.

Oh, and by the way, congratulations on breaking this week into the top 500!
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #115
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Currently she's #73 among the 1997 and 1998 players.
This week she's #27!
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #116
country flag okramb

Lodikova is older and have more experience at ITF level but that's all.No big results for Lodikova.

Last year two semis at G5, this year two QF at G4, she never even played G3,2,1 and she will soon be 16 years old, not a big talent IMO...
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #117
country flag networthy

Copa Barranquilla 2012, R1: Adrijana LEKAJ (CRO) defeated Nabila FARAH (BOL) 6-7(4) 6-3 6-0

In R2 she plays the #16 seed, GIANGRECO CAMPIZ. Adrjana beat her last week so hopefully she'll do it again.
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #118
country flag networthy

Daria LODIKOVA (RUS) (7) defeated Ana KONJUH (CRO) 3-6 6-4 7-5
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 06:42 AM   #119
country flag networthy

Copa Barranquilla 2012, R2: Adrijana LEKAJ (CRO) defeated Camila GIANGRECO CAMPIZ (PAR) (16) 6-2 6-2

It'll be much tougher in R3: she plays the #2 seed, Lemmens (#38). Regardless, Adrijana will reach a new CH ranking next week
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #120
country flag networthy

Ana is playing in next week's G4 Radenci tournament in Slovenia. She will most likely be seeded.
Closed Thread