Ana Konjuh - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:07 AM   #1171
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Ana Konjuh

5-2. Just 4 more points.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:10 AM   #1172
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana wins 76(5) 62. It wasn't pretty but she's into the last 16.

She'll next likely play Kiick. She's going to need to be much sharper than she was in the first two rounds.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:11 AM   #1173
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i didn't want to say anything at 5-2
too many double faults!!
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:41 AM   #1174
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Phewwww Ana. Allie Kiick quite struggled too in her R2 match though, won in 3 sets.

Btw, Ana & Carol won their R1 doubles match easily, 2 & 4.
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 06:55 AM   #1175
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:25 AM   #1176
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Ana will have to play better and not choke a 4-0 lead to beat Allie Kiick but I am not particularly worried
Shilin Xu is good (almost beat Keothavong) but Ana is much better so I think she should be able to just get through in straights

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1177
country flag okramb

okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all

Maybe it's because it's for the first time on some Grand Slam or GA in general that she is #1 or #2 favorite...

Everybody expects her to make at least the final and she knows that she is in the position to take #1 spot next Monday...

I think she is not going from match to match like she did when she was underdog but she thinks few steps in forward and that's not a good thing, she is still to young and unexperienced for something like that...when she was 4-0 up in the first she started to think about something else I think, there is no other explanation, she is far better player, or maybe she is just not in form yet but then she wouldn't start with 4-0, she would have troubles from the very beginning of the match...

I think it's a mental problem and I think that she will play better against better players. Then she wouldn't have time to think about nothing else but a match that she plays at the moment.

She is already the youngest girls that is still in the draw
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1178
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Congratulations Ana!
18majors is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1179
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Maybe it's because it's for the first time on some Grand Slam or GA in general that she is #1 or #2 favorite...

Everybody expects her to make at least the final and she knows that she is in the position to take #1 spot next Monday...

I think she is not going from match to match like she did when she was underdog but she thinks few steps in forward and that's not a good thing, she is still to young and unexperienced for something like that...when she was 4-0 up in the first she started to think about something else I think, there is no other explanation, she is far better player, or maybe she is just not in form yet but then she wouldn't start with 4-0, she would have troubles from the very beginning of the match...

I think it's a mental problem and I think that she will play better against better players. Then she wouldn't have time to think about nothing else but a match that she plays at the moment.

She is already the youngest girls that is still in the draw
This completely
She has never had closing problems before, at least since I have been following her, so she's obviously feeling the pressure
Can you blame her though??? She is in every ITF Juniors article and Donna has even talked about her. She really is quite known, especially for someone who hasn't won a slam

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1180
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Ana.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM   #1181
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

You know how it is said...even average players can win almost everyone when they "have their day" but just best ones can win when "it is not their day". So, even if Ana didn't play well, still, win is a win and still pretty comfortable. This is a slam, place with best juniors in the world. No one is expecting peace of cakes in any round. Just concentrate and improve on next matches Ana!
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 06:55 AM   #1182
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Girls doubles, 2nd round:

(1) Konjuh/Zhao def Haddad Maia/Pairone 6:3, 6:1

ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM   #1183
country flag okramb

okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Girls doubles, 2nd round:

(1) Konjuh/Zhao def Haddad Maia/Pairone 6:3, 6:1

Yeah!!! And with this doubles QF she gets 5 new points so she will have 980 on Monday

But form today Australian Open starts for serious for Ana, first match of the day at 1 AM (CET) against Kiick, and than after rest of cca. 3.5-4 hours QF of the doubles...

Ana played against Kiick 50 days ago at Orange Bowl and won 7-6 6-2, hope that she can repeat that result...

Kiick is 2.5 years older than Ana and is top 400 player on WTA list so she is far most difficult opponent so far for Ana at the Australian Open...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:18 PM   #1184
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Court 8 is streamed?

It would be so great to see Ana in action

Kiick is very dangerous. I hope that Ana can repeat her performance from OB against her.
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 22nd, 2013, 12:27 PM   #1185
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Court 8 is streamed?
It was, but oftentimes on slams, cameras on some of the lesser courts are turned off once the second week starts. I've just looked at some streaming websites to check their schedule for tomorrow, and all I could see are streams from RLA, MCA and C2.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread