Ana Konjuh - Page 71 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #1051
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Ana has some advice for TT:
Asked her opinion of the Townsend’s fitness, Konjuh said: “She was born like that, and she’s very talented and smart and plays great like that. But if she wants to be a pro, she has to lose some weight. In the second set I felt she couldn’t run as much. If she gets fit, she can be a really, really good player.”
This comment actually rubs me the wrong way for some reason. At 14 she knows what it takes to be a pro? I'm sure she didn't mean it in a condescending manner (and perhaps this is translated from Croatian) but I don't like it.

You can tell from the YT videos recently posted of her by zootennis that, as Taylor basically said, she hits the felt off the ball, especially on her forehand. Her stroke production reminds me of Sprem a bit.
Advertisement

Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #1052
country flag JarkaFish
Multiform

JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future JarkaFish has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPatty View Post
This comment actually rubs me the wrong way for some reason. At 14 she knows what it takes to be a pro? I'm sure she didn't mean it in a condescending manner (and perhaps this is translated from Croatian) but I don't like it.

You can tell from the YT videos recently posted of her by zootennis that, as Taylor basically said, she hits the felt off the ball, especially on her forehand. Her stroke production reminds me of Sprem a bit.
Anybody that isn't an idiot knows that top pros cant't be fatties.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #1053
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Her eyes are gorgeous.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #1054
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Just few moments ago I saw reportage about Ana on Croatian TV in sports show "Olimp".
She talked about her season and about her goals, her coach said few things as well.
Also Iva Majoli commented on eveyrthing, she said that Croatia has good team now for the future and expects to fight among the best 3 years from now.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #1055
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
Just few moments ago I saw reportage about Ana on Croatian TV in sports show "Olimp".
She talked about her season and about her goals, her coach said few things as well.
Also Iva Majoli commented on eveyrthing, she said that Croatia has good team now for the future and expects to fight among the best 3 years from now.

Majoli said that Ana is a complete player which is not easy to found nowadays, that she has an excellent service, backhand,slice, drop shot,...
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1056
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

I bought yesterday 'Nedjeljni Jutarnji' (Sunday Morning) where there was an article about Ana. It is on 4 big pages. First two pages were reserved for Ana's photo only. I heve never seen such a big photo of anyone in the newspapers...hahaha...
I very liked what Iva Majoli said. She said that Ana has wonderful family which is very important for a normal sports developement. Majoli also said that AER is excellent thing which gives oportunity to young players to develop slowly and to be prepared for challenges in future time and that she made some mistakes when she was young so that she hopes that she will be able to help her with some advices.

Ana said that she will play next year all GS, some GA and 10k and 25k.
Old Dec 18th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #1057
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

AER was establish because of capriati case, and jen is still very good frend with majoli.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM   #1058
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Olija is very good
I will see her at the Australian open
I want her vs Anett in the final
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #1059
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Ana said that she will play next year all GS, some GA and 10k and 25k.
Interesting considering the fact that she was awarded some (I think two) direct entries into 50k's for her results in juniors. I doubt this means she won't take those offers.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 08:48 AM   #1060
country flag Potapovushina
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Interesting considering the fact that she was awarded some (I think two) direct entries into 50k's for her results in juniors. I doubt this means she won't take those offers.
Maybe she's gonna try a few 10K/25K before and see how it turns out and then decide to give a try to the 50Ks.
Potapovushina is online now View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #1061
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She is entitled into 2 events UP TO 50K, and 1 Event UP TO 25K
If she plays a 25K and loses in Round 1 or 2, she might chose to use the others for 25K
Just because she can get a WC into higher level tournaments, doesn't mean it's necessarily a good idea to waste a JE on it
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM   #1062
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Yesterday Ana had an audience with president of Croatia, Ivo Josipovic.

Conversation lasted for 30 minutes and president showed interest in Ana's training conditions as well as her professional tennis plans in near future.

vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #1063
Not impressed.

Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute Potapovushina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Yesterday Ana had an audience with president of Croatia, Ivo Josipovic.

Conversation lasted for 30 minutes and president showed interest in Ana's training conditions as well as her professional tennis plans in near future.

Wow, that must have been a thrilling moment for her
Old Dec 19th, 2012, 10:37 PM   #1064
Not impressed.

Some more pics of her at OB (credits to Richard Van Loon)

Last edited by Potapovushina : Dec 19th, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #1065
country flag ivananda

http://www.anakonjuh.net/#1

Ana's new website.
Closed Thread