Ana Konjuh - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #91
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ana Konjuh

Wilson ITF Junior Classic Quarterfinal

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated Andreea GHITESCU (ROU) (14) 6-2 6-1

Great stuff from Ana this week!!!First semifinal in her junior career!!!Keep going Ana!!!
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 13th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #92
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Impressive!

This win should push Ana up to 595-600.

Keep going--in both singles and doubles!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 10:41 AM   #93
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

At the G1 in Venezuela, Lekaj lost in the doubles QF but she's still alive in singles, which is much more important:

R3: Adrijana LEKAJ (CRO) defeated Camila GIANGRECO CAMPIZ (PAR) 2-6 7-6(1) 6-1

This should lift her ranking to ~155-160 (currently 249).

In the QF she plays Salnikova, the #7 seed, who has a CH ranking of 14. It's gonna be tough Good luck, Adrijana!
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #94
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

KONJUH (CRO) / SLAVICA (CRO) (7) defeated SCHOLTEN (GER) / SMETAK (GER) (2) 6-4 6-1

Ana&Lana are in the final!!!
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #95
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

great results for all three girls is it bad that i was disappointed to see how "old" lekaj is? haha she's "already" 16.
what's slavica's deal? is she any good?
Old Jan 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #96
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Nothing special, she is the best player born 1997 while the best ranked player born 1997 is #25 on the list.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #97
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Wilson ITF Junior Classic Quarterfinal

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated Andreea GHITESCU (ROU) (14) 6-2 6-1

Great stuff from Ana this week!!!First semifinal in her junior career!!!Keep going Ana!!!
In the SF, Ana plays a lower-seeded player (Nefedova). This is a good chance to reach the final. Hope she can do it!

Doubles final is against the #3 seeds. Good luck!
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 05:57 AM   #98
country flag networthy

Lekaj lost in the QF at the Venezuela G1. Still, a good tournament for her and she'll move up quite a bit higher, to a new CH ranking.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #99
country flag okramb

Wilson ITF Junior Classic Semifinal

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated Anastasia NEFEDOVA (RUS) (13) 7-6(2) 6-0

Fantastic week continues, Ana is in the final for the first time in her career!!!Without loosing a set!!!
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #100
country flag okramb

Ana&Lana won the tournament!!!

KONJUH (CRO) / SLAVICA (CRO) (7) defeated BRESCIA (ITA) / CHIESA (ITA) (3) 6-3 6-3

In singles final Ana will play against Deborah Chiesa from Italy.She is 1.5 years older than Ana and she is #376 on junior ranking and in July and August last year she was near #300 what is her CH.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #101
country flag networthy

^ Amazing week for Ana! By reaching the singles final and winning the doubles, she'll jump up ~250 spots in the rankings, from 769 to ~515-520. Should she win the singles final, she'll be ~465-470. Either way it's fantastic.

Still, Ana has a lot of work to do if she wants to get to the top. Currently she's #73 among the 1997 and 1998 players. After this week she'll be ~30 if she loses the final or ~25 if she wins, which is a huge improvement either way.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 03:38 PM   #102
country flag networthy

Btw, Ana is on the MD entry list for next week's G4 in Germany.
Old Jan 14th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #103
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
^ Amazing week for Ana! By reaching the singles final and winning the doubles, she'll jump up ~250 spots in the rankings, from 769 to ~515-520. Should she win the singles final, she'll be ~465-470. Either way it's fantastic.

Still, Ana has a lot of work to do if she wants to get to the top. Currently she's #73 among the 1997 and 1998 players. After this week she'll be ~30 if she loses the final or ~25 if she wins, which is a huge improvement either way.
Yes but that's because she didn't play a lot of junior tournaments, not because of lack of talent.As You already wrote, it will not pass a lot of time when she will be in top 10 or top 5 among those born in 97 and 98.
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #104
country flag okramb

Wilson ITF Junior Classic Final

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated Deborah CHIESA (ITA) (2) 7-6(7) 6-2

Ana won the title in Austria!!!It's double title since she won it in both, singles and doubles with Lana Slavica!!!Can't wait for the next tournament!!!
Old Jan 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #105
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Ana!!