Ana Konjuh - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #76
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ana Konjuh

Wilson ITF Junior Classic 1st round

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated Ann-Sophie SCHWAIGER (AUT) 6-2 6-1
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #77
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ That's great! Ana is currently ranked 769 but that's from only three tournaments. I imagine her ranking will rise quickly once she starts playing more regularly.

Also, in doubles she and Slavica (another Croatian girl) are seeded #7 in doubles and got a bye in R1.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 10th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #78
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

In the 2nd round Ana will play against Britt Schreuder from Netherlands.

This girl won her only first match in junior competition yesterday so i don't think Ana will have difficult match tomorrow.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:12 AM   #79
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Speaking of Croatian juniors, Adriana Lekaj (our #3, behind Vekic and Mekovec) is playing in this week's G1 tournament in Venezuela.

In singles she won her R1 match easily, against a low-ranked local player. Unfortunately in R2 she plays the #2 seed, Razafimahatratra. Good luck!

In doubles she and her partner also won their R1 match easily. In R2 they won a very close match against the #5 seeds, Quevedo and--guess who--Razafimahatratra. The score was 76(4) 57 [10-8]. In the QF they will likely play the #3 seeds, Makarova/Uberalova.

With those wins she will move to a new CH ranking, from her current 249 to ~190-195. Well done!
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 02:40 PM   #80
country flag okramb

Wilson ITF Junior Classic 2nd round

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated Britt SCHREUDER (NED) 6-1 6-4
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM   #81
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

rough second set...keep going!
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM   #82
country flag networthy

Great! With her win today, she'll move to a new CH ranking, from 769 to ~685-700.
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #83
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Great! With her win today, she'll move to a new CH ranking, from 769 to ~685-700.
The question is...what do you think, can Ana enter into top 100 before or at the same age as Donna did.For reminder, Donna entered top 100 on Monday 31st of January 2011.Donna is older than Ana exactly 1.5 years.That means Ana would have to enter top 100 till 1st of August to catch Donna
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM   #84
country flag okramb

Wilson ITF Junior Classic 1/8 finals

Ana KONJUH (CRO) (12) defeated ELBA KASUM (AUT) (6) 6-1 6-0

Fantastic result from Ana.She defeated very easily top 500 player!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #85
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

very nice ana
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #86
country flag okramb

Also in doubles competition Ana and Lana are through to semis

KONJUH (CRO) / SLAVICA (CRO) (7) defeated BEKEFI (HUN) / GALFI (HUN) (4) 6-4 Retired

There's gonna be a lot of points for Ana this week!!!
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #87
country flag croat123

She next plays Ghitescu who is also 1997 (a bit over 7 months older) and who just crushed the top seed...

Also, Lekaj crushed Razafimahatratra 1 and 2
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #88
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Also, Lekaj crushed Razafimahatratra 1 and 2
Guys, this is an amazing result! Razafimahatratra is ranked #25 and Adrijana lost only three games

She's now in R3 of singles and QF of doubles of a G1 tournament. That should lift her ranking to ~190-195 (currently 249).

Her next singles match looks winnable on paper (her opponent is ranked 217) and if Adrijana wins she'll move up to ~155-160. Good luck!
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #89
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Also in doubles competition Ana and Lana are through to semis

KONJUH (CRO) / SLAVICA (CRO) (7) defeated BEKEFI (HUN) / GALFI (HUN) (4) 6-4 Retired

There's gonna be a lot of points for Ana this week!!!

These wins should push Ana up to 625-630 (currently 769)

Btw, Ghitescu won't be easy. She lost a very close final last week in a G5 and, as croat123 pointed out, crushed the top seed (ranked #268) today. Good luck, Ana!
Old Jan 12th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #90
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
These wins should push Ana up to 625-630 (currently 769)

Btw, Ghitescu won't be easy. She lost a very close final last week in a G5 and, as croat123 pointed out, crushed the top seed (ranked #268) today. Good luck, Ana!
No, it will not be easy but Ana has a chance to make her first semi final in career.They didn't play against each other but last year they played on several tournaments and on each one Ana had better results.Hope this is another one
Closed Thread