Ana Konjuh - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #46
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Ana Konjuh

Yes,as expected.Because of the rain that is the only one match Ana played yesterday.She don't even know who is her opponent in 1/8 final.I hope the whether will be better.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 13th, 2011, 01:57 AM   #47
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

U-14 Nike Junior Tour Masters R3: (3)Ana Konjuh (CRO) d. Magali Kempen (BEL) 63 61

Again easy

In the QF she plays the #8 seed, Iryna Shymanovich. Good luck, Ana!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:00 AM   #48
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Another Croat, Lea Boskovic, is seeded #8 in the U-12 tournament and is in the QFs.

R1: Bye
R2: (8)Lea Boskovic (CRO) d. Shaline-Doreen Pipa (GER) 61 62
R3: (8)Lea Boskovic (CRO) d. Irene Cantos Siemers (BEL) 62 61

In the QF she plays the #2 seed, Anastasia Nefedova. Good luck to Lea.
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 09:05 AM   #49
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Obviously it was a sunny day in Florida

Go Croats!!!

Ana's opponent in the QF, Irina Shymanovich, is 3 months older than Ana but don't have junior ranking so far, she never played any U-18 tournament.

They played this year at Torneo Dell Avenire and Ana won that match 6-2 6-2 and at European Junior Championship and Ana also won.This time it was 6-1 6-1.

So Ana should be a favorite here...
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #50
country flag okramb

Ana Konjuh won the Nike Junior Masters in USA with style!!!

QF: Ana Konjuh (3)-Irina Shymanovich (8) 6-4 6-1

SF: Ana Konjuh (3)-Maria Shishkina (1) 6-2 6-1

Final: Ana Konjuh (3)-Valentini Grammatikopouolou 6-1 6-1!!!

She won the masters without loosing a single set!The girl that Ana defeated in semi-final-Maria Shishkina,#1 seeded won the Eddie Herr two weeks before!Great result for Ana!!!
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #51
country flag okramb

Here is the short interview with Ana with her plans for the next season:

KONJUH POWERS HER WAY TO VICTORY
Croatia’s Ana Konjuh was in a class of her own in the girls Under-14 draw and sliced through the opposition without dropping a set at the NJT International Masters. Such was her dominance that in her five matches at the tournament she conceded just 15 games.
On Tuesday she finally turned around a couple of earlier defeats to American Maria Shishkina, beating the top seed 6-2 6-1 in the semifinals before overpowering unseeded Greek wild card Valentini Grammatikopoulou 6-1 6-1 in the final.
I feel great,” said the Croat. “This is a special tournament for me and I finally won against Sishkina, although we haven’t played for two years. She won the Eddie Herr International so that win means a lot.”
It took Konjuh just 53 minutes to close out the match and she never really allowed Grammatikopoulou any chance to get into the match. The third seed won the first four games and such was the dominance of her game that she lost just two points on her serve in the opening set.
Ironically the only game she lost in the second set was on her own serve but when it came to closing out the match Konjuh served two aces in the final game.
“My next tournament will be the Orange Bowl and I hope that I will do the same as I did here. Next year I would like to play ITF event and maybe consider the junior Grand Slams. My first choice would be Wimbledon. I’ve never played on grass but I think my game would suit it.”
Konjuh won the girls award for sportsmanship at the tournament.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #52
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

wow...she killed shishkina
awesome win. makes her loss at eddie herr look like a fluke
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 10:48 AM   #53
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
wow...she killed shishkina
awesome win. makes her loss at eddie herr look like a fluke
Yes, she didn't have to lose that match on Eddie Herr, but she can't win all

We'll see now on the Orange Bowl what she will do, I hope SF at least!

Last edited by okramb : Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #54
country flag okramb

http://gol.dnevnik.hr/clanak/tenis/a...r-masters.html
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #55
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

What an amazing week! 6-2 6-1 against Shishkina in the semifinals is incredible. I never expected it to be so easy as Shishkina is in great form having won Eddie Herr. And Grammatikopoulou is supposed to be pretty good also so thrashing her 6-1 6-1 is very impressive.

Let's see how she does at the Orange Bowl.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #56
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Such was her dominance that in her five matches at the tournament she conceded just 15 games.

Quote:
Konjuh won the girls award for sportsmanship at the tournament.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #57
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

We have/had unbelievable number of great talents in last few years : Njiric, Tomljanovic, Vekic, Konjuh (and Lea Boskovic too).

This girl is really something. The best thing is that she is able to beat Irina Shymanovich, who is 2nd in U14 European ranking, so easily in all their's meetings. And that Orange Bowl champion too. This was the best year of some croatain junior ever!!!

Btw, her sister (who is also a tennis player) is a long time girlfriend of Filip Krajinovic.

Last edited by petar_pan : Dec 15th, 2011 at 11:13 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 01:37 PM   #58
country flag networthy

Quote:
Ana looks very pretty, at least in that picture. She also looks quite a bit older than 13 or 14.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #59
country flag okramb

Orange Bowl 1st round Ana Konjuh (3)-Arnelle Sullivan (Q) 6-1 6-0!!!

Easy!!!Ana's next opponent is Desislava Zlateva (Bug).This year she played only U-14 tournaments.She has one final, one semifinal and one QF.On Eddie Herr she lost in 2nd round.Shouldn't be a problem for Ana.

Little off topic...In girls U-12 category all Croatian girls (4 of them) are through to 2nd round (Boskovic, Lako, Sunjic and Biskic)!!!Great news!!!

Last edited by okramb : Dec 18th, 2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old Dec 18th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #60
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

nice, easy win