Ana Konjuh - Page 333 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 09:57 AM   #4981
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Saw it all, she was very different to when I saw her the other night. She was nervous, stressed, and really didn't seem to enjoy herself out there... and that was after she relatively easily won the first set.
Yes, it was kind of bizzare to see her just draw back into herself (for the lack of better words) after winning a set. Occuring problems on serve probably played a part, but it was still a bit surprising to see it unfold. Of course, with age and experience these things will surely become less frequent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianchohr View Post
Next event is AO Q?
Yes
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:00 AM   #4982
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Yes, it was kind of bizzare to see her just draw back into herself (for the lack of better words) after winning a set. Occuring problems on serve probably played a part, but it was still a bit surprising to see it unfold. Of course, with age and experience these things will surely become less frequent.

Yes
Did you guys see much of her warmup (I'm not sure what they show on tv)... she was looking a bit sad there. Complete opposite of the other day, and I genuinely think it was her mental attitude that enabled her to beat Vinci then lose to Davis.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 10:17 AM   #4983
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyking View Post
Did you guys see much of her warmup (I'm not sure what they show on tv)... she was looking a bit sad there. Complete opposite of the other day, and I genuinely think it was her mental attitude that enabled her to beat Vinci then lose to Davis.
I joined in during the third game so I haven't seen that part, but it's understandable if she felt emotionally drained after such a huge win the day before. It's hard to keep the same level of enthusiasm and motivation when you're so inexperienced and faced with so very different opponents in more ways than one. Hope she'll be fired up and ready to go in Melbourne
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:17 PM   #4984
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

I wonder if she will play two 50K's in Australia after AO.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:30 PM   #4985
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
I wonder if she will play two 50K's in Australia after AO.
I'd be seriously surprised - she's got Fed Cup right after Melbourne.
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 06:44 PM   #4986
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Oups, I forgot that thanks ma re
Old Jan 2nd, 2014, 08:29 PM   #4987
country flag GOATdin0931

GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute GOATdin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Ana!

New York, New York

#1 Fan of Melanie Oudin and Lauren Davis
GOATdin0931 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 07:19 AM   #4988
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Oups, I forgot that thanks ma re
No probs Of course, there's no guarantee she'll play FC as the teams haven't been nominated yet, but I'd say it's a safe bet she'll be called in (now that's an understatement) and accept the invitation.
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:24 AM   #4989
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I'd be seriously surprised - she's got Fed Cup right after Melbourne.
Some players are playing just Burnie. I know for a fact that Sasha and Anett plan to do that
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 01:55 PM   #4990
country flag motek

motek is an unknown quantity at this point

Ana Konjuh vs Roberta Vinci WTA Auckland 2014 Highlights HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE1vIcApHvM

motek is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 3rd, 2014, 05:11 PM   #4991
country flag vladekCRO

It feels so good when you watch TOP 15 player having tough times with Ana's pace

Can't wait to see who will be her opponents in AO QD.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 05:48 AM   #4992
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Wow, Auckland tournament director Karl Budge has really bought into Ana Konjuh.

He started off the trophy ceremony by saying that wild-card Ana Konjuh set the tone for the week by upsetting top seed Roberta Vinci, and then gestured towards Venus and Ivanovic, saying something like "you two followed through on this." Although, he did not pronounce Ana's name correctly.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #4993
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post

He started off the trophy ceremony by saying that wild-card Ana Konjuh set the tone for the week by upsetting top seed Roberta Vinci, and then gestured towards Venus and Ivanovic, saying something like "you two followed through on this." Although, he did not pronounce Ana's name correctly.
Well, you can't say the man lacks marketing skills As for the name, yes, few know how to pronounce it correctly (or close enough at least), but I'm pretty sure that won't be an issue this time next year.
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 08:04 AM   #4994
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post

He did a truly great job this year, just a matter of time until another tournament nabs him off us though
Old Jan 4th, 2014, 08:57 AM   #4995
country flag ma re

Ana after Vinci: "There was no pressure cause she was the top seeded one. I came to play the match as best as I could, hoping it would be enough. I was a bit nervous in the first set, cause I didn't really know how my opponent plays. Later on I relaxed and enjoyed every point. This added to the success. I still can't believe I won."

Ana's coach after Vinci: "Before the match I believed that Ana will be able to win, if only she finds a way to implement what we discussed, despite the fact that top seeded Roberta Vinci (world #14) is on the other side. We were going for the win each and every time so far, and that was the case today against Vinci as well. Ana was a bit nervous at the start, which was understandable. At 1:5 in the first she started relaxing and bit by bit she she was starting to get her way with Vinci. But she did the best job in the third set. Ana's great quality is that she can stay composed and determined in the key moments, which is not something many players can say for themselves. We also made the most of the coaching rule. This is something that was possible only in Fed Cup and Hopman Cup thus far, but is now possible on the WTA level also, and I think it helped Ana quite a bit in this match. Otherwise, there's no time for celebrations, even January 1st is our working day. Ana has a new match coming up, against the American Lauren Davis. What do we know about her? That she is on the short side, very fast, a different sort of player to Vinci. But we have a plan for her as well. With Ana's overall quality, I believe in another victory."
Closed Thread