Ana Konjuh - Page 293 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2013, 10:43 AM   #4381
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Well, that all sounds great, but I can't stop worrying about her elbow and how it will hold up. I guess this upcoming event will tell us something more. She was injured before JLT, played some matches then got injured again in Limoges... doesn't sound nice to say the least. But yes, if she stays healthy she can play a lot and you have good ideas, but I'm not sure she won't get called into FC team cause we're not as strong now as we seem - a lot of our players are struggling to find form lately.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #4382
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A week to go until Istanbul and Ana is 10th on the quali list - looks like she'll make the MD, although I'm not sure that's good for her at this point. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see.
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #4383
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

You really think that she has chance to get in MD?

Small chances for that, 10 places is a lot. It's better that she plays qualies to get some extra matches
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #4384
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

^I agree. Priority number one should be playing matches and gaining experience at the professional level to improve her game. Priority number two should be staying healthy, which I've been worried about for awhile now...
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #4385
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
^I agree. Priority number one should be playing matches and gaining experience at the professional level to improve her game. Priority number two should be staying healthy, which I've been worried about for awhile now...
I think you have the priorities backward
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 25th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #4386
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I think you have the priorities backward
I actually had it the other way around, and then I thought about it. She is very young, so...
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #4387
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
You really think that she has chance to get in MD?

Small chances for that, 10 places is a lot. It's better that she plays qualies to get some extra matches
Well I hope I'm wrong on this one, but I think she stands a good chance. Usually people who are 3-4 places outside the MD on the last q-list update end up inside and there's still a week to go so... Might not happen but I wouldn't be surprised if it were to.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #4388
country flag ma re

Ana's P1 for the week of Nov. 11th is Dubai 75k It's an outdoor hardcourt event, which should make her feel more comfortable than these indoor tournaments, so a smart move IMO. Currently she is 30th alternate, so it's only reasonable to expect a quali placement here.
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #4389
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

She plays well in the dryer conditions so hopefully a good result then Why isn't she having surgery though... It's more important that she can satisfy all health issues Anyway, is it confirmed she was injured against Kalinina or did she just have a bad day?

Could have done well in Poitiers and played some good players

Still loving her "upps... someone was pissed" comment Shame she doesn't like school

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #4390
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why isn't she having surgery though...
Apparently because the doctors said the issue can't get any worse or cause serious damage, but if it's bothering her to a point that it gets in the way of her results then she should definately consider having it earlier. I guess that's still not the case
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #4391
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Apparently because the doctors said the issue can't get any worse or cause serious damage, but if it's bothering her to a point that it gets in the way of her results then she should definately consider having it earlier. I guess that's still not the case
OK
I actually think she should not play any more tournaments as she's not going to get Top 230 I don't think given her tournament choice and her form IMO so why not just take AOQWC and have a long training block to get her fit and in form, then come to Australia early to play and adjust Seems like the smartest decision to me IMO, or at least not play Istanbula and just play Dubai so she can train before she leaves

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #4392
country flag ma re

If she only plays these two events by the end of the year she needs two QF's to make that (roughly) 235 which would pretty much guarantee AO QD - a tough task given the circumstances, but you never know, we might be in for a surprise (wouldn't be the first time from Ana)
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #4393
country flag croat_soup

croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice croat_soup is just really nice

She'll get a QWC for winning Girls event anyways so no worries about that.
croat_soup is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #4394
country flag ianchohr

ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light ianchohr is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat_soup View Post
She'll get a QWC for winning Girls event anyways so no worries about that.
I tough so too and for RG she should be save as well, as she has no points to defend until then, so i guess she will make RG Q as well
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #4395
country flag ma re

Yes, she can use a WC, but she is limited with the number of WC's she can receive in a year so it would be a shame (sort of) to have to waste one if she can get in on her own terms. But anyway, I think Melbourne q-list will be quite generous (as always) and that she won't have a problem getting in based on her ranking. This year the last direct acceptance was Akiko Omae who, at the time, was #275, and one of the previous years players ranked even below 300 entered the qualies directly.
Closed Thread